What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

22 hours ago, Yessongs said:

Taking wifey to see our resident pro team, The San Jose Earthquakes Soccer. Have not been to a professional game since maybe 1981...when George Best was with the team. 

Any do's or dont's I should consider? 

IMG_8403.JPG

horn.jpg

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, galenkia said:

So, handed completed job application forms in, only had to fill in 17 of the 50+ forms they sent me. 🤣

They have all my ID pictures and stuff. Just completed the online application form from the company doing the DBS check, had to give them all my info plus permission for them to investigate me. 

Probably know I've been to Cambodia a couple of times and might be Gary Glitter in disguise. Well I've been a leader of a gang in the past. 🤣

What a fucking pallaver just to take motorbikes apart. 🤣

Gonna need a holiday to get over the stress of all this drama. 

I used to do them ('background checks") for a stint. Did them for about 2 years (among other things), it was something I would get assigned to from time to time. It's been over 25 years now since I have had to do one, so I'm sure things have changed. I am sure there are many different levels depending on the type of job, company that is doing them, etc.

Basically there is a guide that you follow, interview people, records checks, credit checks, etc. etc. etc, If something pops up that may appear "questionable" then they (the investigator working the check) may contact you on a follow-up to give you an opportunity to present "clarification".

Following that they will prepare a report and present it to your prospective employer who may or may not get input (feedback impression from the investigator). Often many things can be accepted or overlooked (depending what they are, how long ago, and of course your demeanor, honesty, etc.). The investigators feedback can in some cases be crucial in regards to that role in the hiring process. The bottom line.... if they really like you many things can be overlooked.

Most jobs have probationary terms. If you have something questionable they can perhaps prepare language in your contract (or in some cases a side letter) which lays out conditions. This is placed in your file and those that are aware of the terms will probably be kept "confidential" (maybe only one or two people would be aware). In some cases once the term of probation is met you can ask (or it may even be automatic) where that letter or condition would be removed from the file (like it never existed).

I have had two cases where I took a chance on some guys. In other words they could have been denied employment just on some things I discovered during the check. I liked both guys, and I took a chance with them. Basically I kind went with my gut and stuck my neck out a little (ultimately it is the hiring boss' responsibility though, not my decision).

One of those guys I took a chance on turned out to be an "All Star" (one of the best guys I've ever worked with). The other guy turned into a complete disaster.... the guy was so f***d up he eventually got fired and years later committed suicide. I still sometimes wonder if I should have given him a break at the time. Something I will never know the answer to.

• Great Info 4

Just booked the Novotel at Swampy for our first night in July. 

As we are arriving at 4.25pm I thought we would overnight before flying on to Khon Kaen the next day.

Never stayed at the airport hotel before, always been a bit pricy for my liking but got a good airline rate which is much cheaper than I expected to pay.

Looking forward to the ease of access and a comfortable stay.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Horizondave said:

Just booked the Novotel at Swampy for our first night in July. 

As we are arriving at 4.25pm I thought we would overnight before flying on to Khon Kaen the next day.

Never stayed at the airport hotel before, always been a bit pricy for my liking but got a good airline rate which is much cheaper than I expected to pay.

Looking forward to the ease of access and a comfortable stay.

I'd say chances are in the range of 70-80 %... that by the time you get to Swampy in July that stay at the Novotel won't even be necessary and you can proceed on to your destination. 

But, surely it is a good idea to have the hotel booked in the event the current restrictions are still in place.

Always best to prepare for any eventuality, and well in advance.

2 hours ago, Glasseye said:

I'd say chances are in the range of 70-80 %... that by the time you get to Swampy in July that stay at the Novotel won't even be necessary and you can proceed on to your destination. 

But, surely it is a good idea to have the hotel booked in the event the current restrictions are still in place.

Always best to prepare for any eventuality, and well in advance.

I have booked it as we want to stay in Bangkok the night after a 16 hour journey from London. We will be going up to Khon Kaen the next lunchtime.

3 hours ago, Horizondave said:

I have booked it as we want to stay in Bangkok the night after a 16 hour journey from London. We will be going up to Khon Kaen the next lunchtime.

I will probably end up doing something similar, regardless of when it is (May, June, July). But, I will probably stay in BKK for 4 or 5 nights, then head up North.

The trip from the U.S. (East Coast) to Bkk is friggen brutal.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Horizondave said:

Just also booked a Philippine Airlines flight from Bangkok to Manila in August. They were offering promo fares until today midnight UK time. Round trip with meals, 30K baggage for Baht 7665, bloody good deal.

The airfares all over are unbelievable right now, for someone who is in the position, is willing to apply a little "elbow grease" and has the balls to follow through.   lol

• Like 1

Just renewed my golf membership. Was 50 50 whether to or not. I played 9 holes last week and survived the experience without too much pain. Hopefully get back into the routine of playing so my fitness and weight loss will improve!

Edited by boydeste
  • Thumbs Up 4

Thinking fucking hell, this Woke bollocks is ridiculous ...

Men are reportedly being asked whether they are pregnant before being given radiotherapy.

Cancer patients and those having X-rays and MRI scans are being asked the question, even if they are not women because the word 'female' has been replaced by 'individuals' for medical procedures.

In Liverpool, the Walton Centre NHS Trust now asks 'all patients under the age of 60, regardless of how you may identify your gender' whether they could be having a baby.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10662257/Hospitals-asking-men-PREGNANT-beginning-cancer-treatment-report-claims.html

• Haha 3
  • Sad 2

36 minutes ago, Krapow said:

Men are reportedly being asked whether they are pregnant before being given radiotherapy.

Cancer patients and those having X-rays and MRI scans are being asked the question, even if they are not women because the word 'female' has been replaced by 'individuals' for medical procedures.

In Liverpool, the Walton Centre NHS Trust now asks 'all patients under the age of 60, regardless of how you may identify your gender' whether they could be having a baby.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10662257/Hospitals-asking-men-PREGNANT-beginning-cancer-treatment-report-claims.html

Pure insanity. Whomever in the Dept of Health came up with "individuals of childbearing potential" has no business working in the medical field. 

In 2017, regulations regarding these checks were updated by the Department of Health to be more inclusive – changing those who should be questioned from 'females of childbearing age' to 'individuals of childbearing potential'.

• Thumbs Up 2

14 hours ago, Phantom51red said:

Just back from isle of skye,another munro bagged on the black cullin ridge,3 left, sgurr nan eag [ sounds like a thai dish],must have looked drunk when i got out the car at hotel,legs were like jelly, 19 klm hard going clambering over boulder fields to reach the top,views were worth it tho,not often you get days like these up there.Now time to suss out this thai pass pish and flight, hotel.

20220327-DJI_0263.jpg

Absolutely bloody wonderful!

How I wish that I was young enough and fit enough to get up there with a backpack and basher up for a few nights. Living off compo and shitting in a placcy bag!

Bloody enjoy it whilst you can!

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Absolutely bloody wonderful!

How I wish that I was young enough and fit enough to get up there with a backpack and basher up for a few nights. Living off compo and shitting in a placcy bag!

Bloody enjoy it whilst you can!

Cheers,just started doing munros at start of lockdown 2 years ago when couldnt get back to thailand,a positive out of a neg,hopefully when things are back to normal soon 🙏travellin back and fourth can commence without all the bollocks.

Shitting in a plastic bag never had the pleasure,tho i did catch a girl havin a piss near top of beinn eighe once 😂,,her 2 friends were in hysterics as was i ,she was mortified,she was fit with a nice ass tho,im like no problem haha,didnt put me of my sandwich.

• Haha 1

About to have a breakdown. 

Been trying to change a direct debit on the bank app on the phone. Rent's gone up £20 a month to cover the increased fuel bill. Will my app let me do it?. Of course not. Need a card reader which is broken. Have to order a new one. 7 to 10 days. 

If anyone tells me technology is making life easier I will come round and stab you to death. 

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Surprised 1

4 hours ago, galenkia said:

About to have a breakdown. 

Been trying to change a direct debit on the bank app on the phone. Rent's gone up £20 a month to cover the increased fuel bill. Will my app let me do it?. Of course not. Need a card reader which is broken. Have to order a new one. 7 to 10 days. 

If anyone tells me technology is making life easier I will come round and stab you to death. 

Which bank you with? . Reason I ask is that Nationwide provide card readers in their branches, I have received a new one immediately when asking in Branch. I would have thought most banks have card readers available in their branches even if they don't have one to give you to take away..

• Great Info 1

10 minutes ago, Horizondave said:

Which bank you with? . Reason I ask is that Nationwide provide card readers in their branches, I have received a new one immediately when asking in Branch. I would have thought most banks have card readers available in their branches even if they don't have one to give you to take away..

Nationwide mate. 

Have ordered one anyway but should arrive before I need to make the amended payment. 

Just bloody annoying I can't do it online without one. 

Thanks for the help. 

• Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, Krapow said:

Yeah but given the state of a lot of blokes bellies it probably is a fair question to ask these days 🙃

images.jpeg

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Krapow said:

Usual bollocks from the DM , it's a generic form that they give to all patients