What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

Just landed in abz,home to unpack then repack for los ,17 hours till next flight to bkk via ams,heavy rain typically crappie weather.

The last 2 days has been squeaky bum time from getting late off rig,missing flight ,then delayed and rebooked onto next flight this morning, massive relief when finally landed here.

Edited by Phantom51red
  • Like 4

Just finishing packing for a week in Gran Canaria, flying on Monday morning from Bristol. Picking up a hire car at the airport and staying in the resort of Puerto de Mogan on the south coast, we can expect temps of 25c during the day and 19c at night. We are staying in an Airbnb, one of the white washed apartments in the video next to the marina.

• Like 3
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

3 hours ago, fforest said:

I am just wondering who else's condo rent has gone up?.....I am do for renewal and I was told my 9,000 rent will now be 11,000 a month.....

Has anyone seen rental prices in California or London....Man its like 40-50-60,000 baht for a nothing special condo....So I guess 11,000 baht is not too bad...O-yea these prices don't include any bills....

Edited by fforest

5 hours ago, galenkia said:

Looking forward to bedtime!.

Picked up my new bedding from M&S on the way home from work. New duvet, cover, pillow, pillow case and sheet.

Can't beat that new bedding feeling 😃

Don’t really give a toss about your bedding Allen…..rather see all those slant eyed companions you bring home 

• Haha 1

Oh finally home and thawing out. Happy I’m sticking with the walks even with colder weather, best 100 baht or so I’ve ever spent was on that neck warmer. My throat was where I was losing all my heat, just didn’t know it. After my meal, stopped in for BP again, all good as shown. And the 5,000 step average by 12/31 is well within sight……

E76B5EA2-4D8A-4C3C-95F6-3338EDA1045E.jpeg

C34CC9ED-4016-461E-9A06-28BA7F81CA4F.jpeg

34B4342A-1F97-46E5-A5A6-AC35214CDEE0.jpeg

• Thumbs Up 4

12 hours ago, Phantom51red said:

Just bought travel insurance from virgin,as well as all the usual it covers up to 125 scooter,wasnt going to bother as only 19 days,but that one time you dont buy,will prob be the time ye need it , only £28.

Yup!

I'm looking at Travel Insurance for UK that includes getting my body repatriated to Thailand if I die on holiday. It has nothing to do with any religious bollicks. I don't want to snuff it in UK, and dump a massive Bill on my sons' laps.. Getting burnt at Watdamsamakee is a fraction of Funeral/Burial costs in UK ...

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

45 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

I'd start looking for leaks if my Monthly Water Bill ever reached 50 Baht !! 

Although with the Wicked Witch of the North cleaning everything, I'm not looking forward to the next one !!! Only this morning I discovered that my coffee cup is white and not brown !!!

Lol ,its the apartment building I rent a room in hua hin,they didn't charge for water at all during 3 months of covid ,still can't work that one out,200 to 250 bht a month can't complain.

Be carefully she might be putting chlorinated tabs in yer coffe cup trying to bump ye off 😀,well as long as yer shits still brown ye lwill  be 👍 

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Phantom51red said:

Just landed in ams,charging phone up once 100% ,dump backpack in locker and make my way into city ,connecting flight not till 9pm,walk around red light area afternoon I think,few beers a spliff will help me sleep away the 10 hour flight hopefully.

Be safe

• Thumbs Up 1

Just finished work for the week, moved from my conservatory to the lounge (must have taken 5 seconds). Would really like to have a beer but got an ultrasound on my liver tomorrow so the 8.5% Belgian beer in the kitchen will have to wait.

Nothing wrong I expect as I have had other tests over the last 2 years with all good results, this is just a follow up from an initial request consultancy2 years ago that I decided was better to have than cancel. Just annoying the unhealthy foods and drink will need to wait till after 1000 am tomorrow. 

• Thumbs Up 3