What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

1 hour ago, boydeste said:

Sat in the Emergency treatment center.

Tried to contact my doctor, but the best I got was 28th in the Queue. Rang 111 and went through assessment. Told to get here immediately. 

Wasn't feeling well last night. Ended up with stomach cramps which developed into a fever. Hot and cold sweats. Woke up to a very wet bed after finally getting comfortable to sleep. Stomach is very tender to touch and feel like I want to pee all the time. 

BP was through the roof this morning so suspected An infection.

Just been through Triage, now waiting to see what they are going to do with me after giving a Urine sample.

Sorry to hear that mate.

I hope it is something minor and easily treatable... If not can my son have all your outdoor camping and fishing gear ??

• Haha 4
  • Surprised 1

Lying on the bed in my boxers, aircon on, sometime looking at some stuff on the tv, sometime reading a Stephen Leather book, wondering whether to go for a drink tomorrow. 

Otherwise not much. 

1 hour ago, forcebwithu said:

Sounds like a possible UTI. Hope that's it and nothing more, and that it's treatable with a course of antibiotics.

That was my best guess too.

1 hour ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Sorry to hear that mate.

I hope it is something minor and easily treatable... If not can my son have all your outdoor camping and fishing gear ??

37 minutes ago, Rompho Ray said:

Hope nothing serious!  

Thanks guys, just got home at 3pm absolutely starving, I didn't eat this morning in case I had to have an op.

Good news - turns out my urine was clear of everything they tested for.

Bad news - My stomach just below my belly button is very tender and the prognosis is I may have a hernia. 

Got to visit my doctors surgery tomorrow to insist on getting it examined and hopefully scanned to make sure!

I could of gone on my way home, but didn't want to have to sit and wait for hours to see a doctor with no food inside me.

Edited by boydeste
  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 5

54 minutes ago, boydeste said:

Bad news - My stomach just below my belly button is very tender and the prognosis is I may have a hernia. 

Well, this isn't the worst possibility by any stretch, and not all hernias require surgery.  Good luck mate, and keep us informed.

• Thanks 1

Get well soon, boydeste - the fish are out there waiting for you.

Well, I was going to change over my winter rims for their summer counterparts on my little Ford Ranger today but the sunny day that was forecast has turned out cold and windy instead; I think I'll adjourn to my buddy's auto body shop for a couple of lunchtime beers and reassess the situation afterwards...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Day 5 of my Cousin visiting from Oz , weather has been crap again , not much to do in the rain expect visit pubs .. I've been driving though , had enough booze the other four days .. 555

Edited by Stillearly
  • Haha 1

Just got back from the hospital and another meeting with internal medicine. All looks great, except for me feeling like shite. She said I have to re-introduce exercise, and my lower pulse/BP point to maybe even being off the beta-blocker soon……maybe still a chance at a normal life 

I even decided to drive home, first time behind the wheel in 2023. Went OK, a little nervous though

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 5

14 hours ago, boydeste said:

Thanks guys, just got home at 3pm absolutely starving, I didn't eat this morning in case I had to have an op.

Got to visit my doctors surgery tomorrow to insist on getting it examined and hopefully scanned to make sure!

I could have gone on my way home, but didn't want to have to sit and wait for hours to see a doctor with no food inside me.

Sounds like you have been over enthusiastic with your rod!.

• Haha 3

23 minutes ago, Nightcrawler said:

Was frying  bacon and eggs for breakfast and the bastards spat at me for no reason. 

You think that being dropped in burning hot oil is not reason? 

😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, boydeste said:

Sat in the Emergency treatment center.

Tried to contact my doctor, but the best I got was 28th in the Queue. Rang 111 and went through assessment. Told to get here immediately. 

Wasn't feeling well last night. Ended up with stomach cramps which developed into a fever. Hot and cold sweats. Woke up to a very wet bed after finally getting comfortable to sleep. Stomach is very tender to touch and feel like I want to pee all the time. 

BP was through the roof this morning so suspected An infection.

Just been through Triage, now waiting to see what they are going to do with me after giving a Urine sample.

Damn mate. I hope you are sorting through things.

I had an event similar to that about 4 or 5 years ago. Ended up in the E.R., brutally painful. Ran all kinds of tests including and MRI. They couldn't figure out what it was. 

Turned out to be gas. Cost me a small fortune.

Only thing good that came out of it was that I now have a good solid baseline of tests.

A buddy of mine used to get bladder infections often. Extremely painful.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just finished a 1hr session in the gym after a 1 month break. Felt great but will probably feel it tomorrow or more likely Friday. Going to plan for twice a week but try to make that 3 times

20230510_192052.jpg

• Like 3

Just now, Zambo said:

Just finished a 1hr session in the gym after a 1 month break. Felt great but will probably feel it tomorrow or more likely Friday.

Or maybe tomorow, AND Friday, AND Saturday AND Sunday, depending on what you did, and your age. :default_biggrin:  It's all worthwhile though.

20 hours ago, boydeste said:

I could of gone on my way home, but didn't want to have to sit and wait for hours to see a doctor with no food inside me.

Hope it's not too serious. Wish you well

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Rompho Ray said:

Or maybe tomorow, AND Friday, AND Saturday AND Sunday, depending on what you did, and your age. :default_biggrin:  It's all worthwhile though.

I think it is worthwhile. I've tried running (injured knee) swimming ( boring) and now gym. I never thought it was my thing but if it keeps me focussed for 3 months that's just fine.

Edited by Zambo

Just half way through giving my bathroom and toilet a deep clean.

I stink of bleach and I hate it. But I have guests coming round tomorrow for the day and I don't want them to think that I am a lazy slut. It's not that bad anyway. Not as if the walls are caked with shit😁😁😁

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

17 minutes ago, Nightcrawler said:

Just half way through giving my bathroom and toilet a deep clean...etc.

I lived alone in my condo for a couple of years before Lady R. got here.  After about 10 months of promising myself to do that and doing it maybe three times in that span, the toilet fungus answered to "Eric" and had its own email address.  So I finally hired a maid to clean my condo.  She came twice a month for the princely sum of $80 per visit.  Place was hospital clean and smelled like an old spinster's parlor when I got home from work.

This was especially nice when I went on vacation.  Texted her a couple of days before I got home and returned to the aforementioned pristine condo.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Golfingboy said:

Just got back from the hospital and another meeting with internal medicine. All looks great, except for me feeling like shite. She said I have to re-introduce exercise, and my lower pulse/BP point to maybe even being off the beta-blocker soon……maybe still a chance at a normal life 

I even decided to drive home, first time behind the wheel in 2023. Went OK, a little nervous though

Great, driving while a bit nervous after a few months - done it! Don't stop now.

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Rompho Ray said:

I lived alone in my condo for a couple of years before Lady R. got here.  After about 10 months of promising myself to do that and doing it maybe three times in that span, the toilet fungus answered to "Eric" and had its own email address.  So I finally hired a maid to clean my condo.  She came twice a month for the princely sum of $80 per visit.  Place was hospital clean and smelled like an old spinster's parlor when I got home from work.

This was especially nice when I went on vacation.  Texted her a couple of days before I got home and returned to the aforementioned pristine condo.

Toilet looks so much better since I scraped the worst off 🤪

80575557.jpg

• Haha 4

Bathroom and toilet done. 

Just finished mopping the kitchen floor and bleaching down all of the work surfaces .....

I'm on roll

Next is to vacuum the hall stairs and landing . 3 flights of stairs. The worst job of all, save for last. Just hope my guests don't look in my bedroom, that looks like it's been hit by a torpedo.  

I don't often entertain, just as well 😁

54 minutes ago, Nightcrawler said:

Toilet looks so much better since I scraped the worst off 🤪

I see you hired The Cryptkeeper to clean it.  Good choice, especially if you want your guests to do their shitting in the pub down the street.

• Haha 1