What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

Got up early (6am) to spray some weed killer on weeds along paths and borders etc.

The wife had set the alarm and when I woke up she said ไม่มี  (No wind) and pushed me out of bed laughing her head off.

So ideal conditions for the task it was even warm enough for shorts, first time my legs have been out this year. 🤣

Then, job done, it was back in the kitchen for a full English  🤗

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 3

On 5/10/2023 at 8:29 PM, Nightcrawler said:

Bathroom and toilet done. 

Just finished mopping the kitchen floor and bleaching down all of the work surfaces .....

I'm on roll

Next is to vacuum the hall stairs and landing . 3 flights of stairs. The worst job of all, save for last. Just hope my guests don't look in my bedroom, that looks like it's been hit by a torpedo.  

I don't often entertain, just as well 😁

This week I finally broke down and decided to have someone come in once a week and help me with cleaning. Basically cleaning the floors and bathrooms. Once in a while help me with a small project.

It will take a little adjustment for me. But I think having the same person come back each week will help me to keep a steady schedule of cleaning, rather than waiting until things get sloppy. 

• Like 2

On 5/10/2023 at 6:29 PM, Nightcrawler said:

Just half way through giving my bathroom and toilet a deep clean.

I stink of bleach and I hate it. But I have guests coming round tomorrow for the day and I don't want them to think that I am a lazy slut. It's not that bad anyway. Not as if the walls are caked with shit😁😁😁

The hard water makes toilet cleaning a real bitch. Hard water stains on the fixtures too, pain in the ass.

6 hours ago, boydeste said:

Been out on the piss all afternoon with the son in law and his mates.

I am too young for this shit.

I started early today after a nice bike ride down to the 7/11 and back. Ride began at 8 am returned at 9. 

Air was fresh and clean, smelled like a florist shop. After the heavy rains we have been getting the past few days things are blooming everywhere. It's wonderful, and gives me new energy following the worst heat spell and smoke season in recent history. 

It's election day, so I decided that after the ride I'd just get pissed and take a long nap (I slept like shit last night). Get up around 6 pm and have a nice dinner. Then hit some whiskey and diet, watch a couple of movies and the hit the sack again. 

Busy day tomorrow so I should be ready to tackle all of the stuff I have scheduled. 

• Like 2

Just back for lunch after a walk along hua hin beach and an unplanned swim which was so refreshing,id planned to walk along beach listning to music,took the earbuds,got to beach after dropping her off,forgot bloody phone so decided to walk anyway.

The water looked really clear so couldnt resist,just had shorts and vest on anyway no towel,but dried off quick after it.

Hired a new pcx 160 from poom who ive used ...to hire pcx bikes :) over the last 6 years here,least i wont need to drop ting tong off in morning now,so just have to plan some long days out on it far away like sam roi yod caves :) 

Now charging my completely drained motorbike battery.

The bike had sat unused for 10 days and that was enough to drain the battery. High probability it was the Bluetooth transceiver that was the culprit. Since I never use the Bluetooth feature I've disconnected the module which hopefully resolves the problem.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Phantom51red said:

Id of thought a draw against newcastle would be likened to a good result nowadays 😅

Definitely happy with the result but it was extremely painful to watch !!

With the Man UTD win I'm hoping that Liverpool will be motivated enough to give Leicester a good whooping !!!

• Thumbs Up 1

Have some pork that needs to be cooked. So, I am getting ready to fry it up. I was thinking but making some special Chef Boydeste pimped up sauce, but probably will just go with some standard oinions, garlic and such. Always good.

• Like 1

Trying to deal with how f***d up life is. 
You have this amazing person like my sister Jan, she’s been an ICU nurse for about 30 years, spent her life caring for people, yet she’s got about 6 months left.

Yet a f***d up junkie/alcoholic like me gets to live. I’m finding life really hard at the moment, and seeing Jan deteriorating is so fucking hard for me.

Sorry for the post, just really struggling at the moment.

• Like 7
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, galenkia said:

Yet a f***d up junkie/alcoholic like me gets to live.

What you're doing for your sister is your redemption, mate, the right that makes all the past wrongs irrelevant.  Not everybody gets a chance to be redeemed in this way, and many who do get that chance don't recognize it when it presents itself.

You are rising to a task many would fail at or shrink from, and you're doing it with strength and resolve.  This is the real you, the person that many other than yourself could see even when you didn't believe it yourself.

It's a heroic thing you're doing.  I have a ton of respect for it, as many others around you do.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

52 minutes ago, Rompho Ray said:

What you're doing for your sister is your redemption, mate, the right that makes all the past wrongs irrelevant.  Not everybody gets a chance to be redeemed in this way, and many who do get that chance don't recognize it when it presents itself.

You are rising to a task many would fail at or shrink from, and you're doing it with strength and resolve.  This is the real you, the person that many other than yourself could see even when you didn't believe it yourself.

It's a heroic thing you're doing.  I have a ton of respect for it, as many others around you do.

Thanks Ray,that means a lot, I just want to be strong for Jan, she’s my world and I want to keep my shit together for her.

She’s all I have, I really don’t know how I’ll cope without her. It’s a case of time will tell,

My counselor Sian will be the person that basically keeps me alive.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

25 minutes ago, galenkia said:

Thanks Ray,that means a lot, I just want to be strong for Jan, she’s my world and I want to keep my shit together for her.

She’s all I have, I really don’t know how I’ll cope without her. It’s a case of time will tell,

Gal, if there's one thing that you could do that would continue to make your Sister so happy and proud, i'd wager it would be to keep it together, and keep on the path you are now. 

And i totally get what you're saying in your other post, about how things can be so f***d up in this world. I used to feel the exact same when me and Sa were trying for a child and it wasn't happening. Then all around me through my job i was seeing people getting pregnant again and again, and the baby getting taken off them and going to Social Services again and again. It was heartbreaking,  people seemingly getting pregnant at the drop of a hat, seemingly not giving a f**k about it or the baby either, and us just wanting our own baby to love and cherish which we at that time couldn't have.

But we had to deal with it, and it all worked out for us in the end. Life can be so f***d up as you say, but getting smashed to block out how f***d up it is just makes things worse, especially now you have and know what a good period of sobriety is like for you.

It's coming into Summer, anytime you want a wee break to maybe go somewhere let me know, London's great in the Summer. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

47 minutes ago, galenkia said:

If you fancy a bike ride south west n get to bristol give me a shout for a catch up 

• Thumbs Up 2

3 hours ago, galenkia said:

That's a great thing mate. 

You keeping yourself together, straight and sober, is what she has probably wanted for you for a long time.  If she is the person I think she is, she's glad she's the reason you're doing it, regardless of what it means for her.  And, she's hoping you'll do it forever. 

Which is why you should, in my very humble opinion.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, galenkia said:

Trying to deal with how f***d up life is. 
You have this amazing person like my sister Jan, she’s been an ICU nurse for about 30 years, spent her life caring for people, yet she’s got about 6 months left.

Yet a f***d up junkie/alcoholic like me gets to live. I’m finding life really hard at the moment, and seeing Jan deteriorating is so fucking hard for me.

Sorry for the post, just really struggling at the moment.

I got you bro. Same thing with my mother. The most gifted, considerate, caring person I have ever known. I was with her throughout. It is surreal.

All you can do is give them the best love and understanding you can, there is no perfect way you can handle things. Most importantly is that they recognize this. They like to know you are there but don't want you to fret too much over them. Give them their space, they know you love them and always will. That is the important thing

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Glasseye said:

I got you bro. Same thing with my mother. The most gifted, considerate, caring person I have ever known. I was with her throughout. It is surreal.

All you can do is give them the best love and understanding you can, there is no perfect way you can handle things. Most importantly is that they recognize this. They like to know you are there but don't want you to fret too much over them. Give them their space, they know you love them and always will. That is the important thing

Cheers mate.

Jan is my only family, and we’ve been through so much together, the deaths of her daughter Jenny and my girlfriend Grace.

For some reason I have really found it difficult this weekend, I just have to keep going as best I can.

My counselor Sian is calling me today so that will be good for me.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Just done my poo collection for the bowel cancer screening a few board members have also recently done.

After last night's curry, was going to stencil a radioactive sign on the envelope thingy! 

20230515_093504.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 2

On 5/5/2023 at 12:39 PM, Derek Dangleberries said:

- The place next door was fucking 190 Baht ...!!! Sod that, I just walked out..

I'm in town now and checked ...It was Coco Bar taking the piss out of cider prices.....

Tomorrow is "All Clear Day" because Kungs is closed at the moment so no rotten egg smells following me around...I've got a takeaway from Seaside again instead..

...Although I was tempted by a sultry temptress in Amorns, I politely declined ...

• Thumbs Up 2