What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

22 hours ago, Horizondave said:

Was just reading in the news that Nationwide will be giving their members £100 each from their earnings. Didn't really believe it but just went into my app on my phone and it is true. I am eligible.

Need to have a current account, a savings account or a mortgage with them. 

Will get myself some nice new trainers.

There are some Ts and Cs as below.

https://www.nationwide.co.uk/about-us/fairer-share/terms-and-conditions/

I'll have some of that, just checked and I qualify. I shall spend my windfall in a Gentleman's Club or two on my next trip. Thanks NW

• Thumbs Up 2

3 hours ago, Nightcrawler said:

I'll have some of that, just checked and I qualify. I shall spend my windfall in a Gentleman's Club or two on my next trip. Thanks NW

Sadly, I don't qualify as I fail this test:

Between 1 January and 31 March 2023, did you pay in a minimum of £500 for at least 2 of the months?

51 minutes ago, Bazle said:

Sadly, I don't qualify as I fail this test:

Between 1 January and 31 March 2023, did you pay in a minimum of £500 for at least 2 of the months?

Yep

Just double checked online. 2 BACs and one cash left over from my last trip. The only issue might be is that it's not my main account, which is with a different bank. Not sure whether they check on that.

I read that they will be notifying customers sometime from May 26th.  Its only a small amount so won't be shedding a tear if I didn't get it.  Its not the give away of the century  especially considering the vast profits they have made during a time of recession. 

15 hours ago, AJSP said:

Just headed out to a small food festival which was okay. Driving back saw this beast in front of us. Sounded great 

IMG_9170.jpeg

Wasn't sure what this was so looked it up.  Next time you see it tell the owner to pay his road tax and get an MOT.

Capture.JPG

To be fair, it looks like it's just changed hands so he might be on it.

Edited by KWA
  • Haha 3

Out on my morning walk. Looking like a lovely day hopefully. Will go and see my sister later, maybe another picnic over the park, she’s quite happy with the simple things in life.

Just had a squirrel sitting just in front of me. Don’t normally get that close to you,Shot off before I could get a picture,

IMG_0330.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Up 3

Been to my mother and father's grave in Cefn Coed near Merthyr Tydfil.  Kataleya wanted to talk with my her grandparents (same as me), she also wanted to show off her new Squishmallow toy, who she has named Elsie after my mum.  It was a beautiful day to lay flowers and clean up the plot.

Very humbling to see all the graves that are so well cared for, it is a lovely (if you can say that) cemetery and I always have a walk around, sad to see so many graves of youngsters and children, always noticeable with the toys and balloons freshly laid.

Now back in Neath relaxing, Kataleya has gone off to her friends for the day until about 6 pm. Good for me to settle in and watch the football, absolutely expecting Man City to make mincemeat of my beloved Chelsea..

• Like 5

42 minutes ago, Horizondave said:

Been to my mother and father's grave in Cefn Coed near Merthyr Tydfil.  Kataleya wanted to talk with my her grandparents (same as me), she also wanted to show off her new Squishmallow toy, who she has named Elsie after my mum.  It was a beautiful day to lay flowers and clean up the plot.

Very humbling to see all the graves that are so well cared for, it is a lovely (if you can say that) cemetery and I always have a walk around, sad to see so many graves of youngsters and children, always noticeable with the toys and balloons freshly laid.

Now back in Neath relaxing, Kataleya has gone off to her friends for the day until about 6 pm. Good for me to settle in and watch the football, absolutely expecting Man City to make mincemeat of my beloved Chelsea..

Every month my sister and I go to her daughter Jenny’s grave. She was only 18 when she was killed as a passenger in a car accident.

As you say, seeing the young children’s graves is very sad.

• Sad 3

39 minutes ago, galenkia said:

Every month my sister and I go to her daughter Jenny’s grave. She was only 18 when she was killed as a passenger in a car accident.

1 hour ago, Horizondave said:

een to my mother and father's grave in Cefn Coed near Merthyr Tydfil.  Kataleya wanted to talk with my her grandparents (same as me), she also wanted to show off her new Squishmallow toy, who she has named Elsie after my mum.  It was a beautiful day to lay flowers and clean up the plot.

I shall be doing the same next week.

My Mum and Dad, and 3 of my sisters are all buried in the same cemetery.

Each sister died of breast cancer. My Mum had breast cancer when she died but it wasn't the cause of death. My Dad died of lung and throat cancer from smoking .

• Great Info 1

21 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

I shall be doing the same next week.

My Mum and Dad, and 3 of my sisters are all buried in the same cemetery.

Each sister died of breast cancer. My Mum had breast cancer when she died but it wasn't the cause of death. My Dad died of lung and throat cancer from smoking .

When Jenny died there was two plots available together so I bought both of them, I wanted my sister Jan to be with Jenny, so she will be buried next to her when she passes.

My dad also died from smoking induced lung cancer..

Edited by galenkia
  • Like 1
  • Great Info 1