What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

Finally made it home from France, van emptied.

Quick shower and shave.

Clean clothes, grab the case and rucksack I packed a week ago, mate just dropped me off at the train Station.

If my two trains are on time I hope to make the bar in the Premier Inn before last orders.

Edited by boydeste

1 minute ago, Stillearly said:

Jetsetter ... were you off to next ? 😎

Flying to Canada in the morning. 

Was a bit tight with driving back from France,  but doable.

I booked a night in the Premier Inn so I had all night to get there.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 5

3 hours ago, Glasseye said:

Sorry, about your loss.

And try not too feel too bad about saying something which some may consider a bit "improper" for the occasion. We are all capable of doing the same, and often do. 

When confronted with an unexpected loss for some reason there is a sense that words need to be spoken. Perhaps as a form of distraction from the shock of the change while the brain processes the situation.

I do my best not to have anything to say initially. Later I will collect my thoughts and feelings and write something. I may or may not share that writing with another person who was close with the lost loved one.

Following a rash of funerals some years ago (all very dear people to me) I found myself in a very vulnerable time in my life. One of the things I did to help me get through that period was making a decision that I would never attend another funeral or wedding. 

I have my own way of remembering a dear friend or family member. I don't need a group of people standing around saying things that I do not know how to respond. 

I spoke those words two days BEFORE she passed away, not after - I'm just a little disturbed by how prophetic they were. Her spouse and I were always kidding around and teasing each other about hard times, death, etc - just a little sobering when it actually happens. 

9 minutes ago, boydeste said:

Love it. Jet setting 

premier inn do a decent brekkke 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, AJSP said:

Love it. Jet setting 

premier inn do a decent brekkke 

I have the breakfast booked, the beds are good too!

My mate who is already there has been told the bar is open until 3am, so should get a few de-stressing pints in before bed.

I am very tired though,  was up at 6am French time which is 5am uk and it was a long drive home. Probably fall asleep with a pint of Guinness in my hand.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

10 hours ago, galenkia said:

I was really surprised as I only walk, and I’ve been wearing adidas trainers for 40 years without this occurring.

Could be your feet have swelled up a bit, or Adidas has slightly changed the last used to make the trainers. The Solomons I wear change from year to year. Same model (Speedcross), but they're always tinkering with the design. One year I found I had to go one size larger as the toe was a narrower than the previous year. Or it could be my toes had swelled. :default_biggrin:

I spent a couple of hours this afternoon with a childhood friend who I had not seen for over ten years -  he had come back to attend the funeral of another fellow from our youth whom I was not so acquainted with; it was great to see him again, we had some wonderful times as children when his father was the archdeacon of the local Anglican church on the next block from our house - we were really tight as kids and it ended when our family moved to a different subdivision - not that  far away geographically but much different socially, as these things go. Anyway, he became a man of the cloth himself and rose to become the bishop of one the most prominent and affluent areas of British Columbia before retiring himself a few years ago - you'd never know it talking to him today and it was a real pleasure to see him again and get caught up with the old times over a couple of pints. 

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Up 3

On 5/27/2023 at 5:39 AM, boydeste said:

0630 here, no fish, good kip, just having a cup of tea and eating my porridge. 

Then it's load the van up and head home.

Been a lovely relaxing week lakeside in France.

20230527_063749.jpg

This guy I know has just been to Beynac in France for some Carp fishing 

IMG_9223.png

• Like 1

13 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

Could be your feet have swelled up a bit, or Adidas has slightly changed the last used to make the trainers. The Solomons I wear change from year to year. Same model (Speedcross), but they're always tinkering with the design. One year I found I had to go one size larger as the toe was a narrower than the previous year. Or it could be my toes had swelled. :default_biggrin:

Bought myself some Nike Air trainers today, normally get size 10.5 but an 11 was more comfortable. I tend only to buy Nike or Reebok as they have always offered me a wider fit. I once changed to Adidas but really didn't keep me happy for long.

If the shoe fits!

19 hours ago, boydeste said:

What kind of fish will you be tormenting in Canada on this trip?

32 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

That flying tyre looked very dangerous ... the cockpit cam was amazing as well ... 

Shame they were talking about tying a record low for delays, then 2 red flags in a row. Very unfortunate, but I’m glad everyone is OK

Just now, Stillearly said:

Three .... maybe 

It’s really not their day is it ? …..I’ve always been amazed that there are a few holes 🕳️ of the golf course directly inside, then again a 2.5 mile oval has more room than we imagine

Ordering a Pinata, gelatin free sweets to fill it so every child can eat them, vegetarian, Muslim or other when it gets busted open (the kids love whacking it TBF), party packs to be made up for kids to take at the end, various 'healthy' fruit drinks, and a multipack of crisps.

All for my daughter's 7th birthday party, a stressful time i tells ya!

I don't remember this when i was a kid, you were lucky to have your Ma do a pass the parcel, musical chairs or similar, as your Da got drunk while watching! 

Changed days :lol: 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 4
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, maipenrai said:

Really? So will this be in lakes in Quebec or what? I thought you'd say trout or pike or whatever, but then I just don't know what goes on in the other end of Canada...

We fish the Parkway section of the St Lawrence River around 90 minutes drive from Montreal. 

20230529_093354.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Up 2