What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

22 hours ago, Rompho Ray said:

Good luck mate, and keep us informed.

22 hours ago, maipenrai said:

Get well soon, boydeste - the fish are out there waiting for you.

2 hours ago, Glasseye said:

Damn mate. I hope you are sorting through things.

2 hours ago, Nightcrawler said:

Hope it's not too serious. Wish you well

Thanks guys.

Had a good nights sleep last night and am in a less pain today which is good.

I visited my doctors surgery as instructed and explained the situation to be told, "sorry, no appointments available today" I again stressed the fact that the Emergency unit had told me I needed to see a doctor  ASAP for follow-up. Can you book me in for tomorrow. "Sorry sir, you can try calling after 8am for tomorrow's appointments." So what happens if I don't get one tomorrow? "Try the next day."

Just as well it appears to be improving. The current position regarding seeing a Doctor is disgraceful. 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, boydeste said:

Just as well it appears to be improving. The current position regarding seeing a Doctor is disgraceful. 

Tell me about, same for me and most people I know. About 3 weeks ago I tried to make an appointment. 

Called at 8am as instructed, just kept saying you are number 20 in the queue or something that. It took an hour of waiting for a receptionist to answer only to be told that there were no appointments available and try again tomorrow   

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Nightcrawler said:

Tell me about, same for me and most people I know. About 3 weeks ago I tried to make an appointment. 

Called at 8am as instructed, just kept saying you are number 20 in the queue or something that. It took an hour of waiting for a receptionist to answer only to be told that there were no appointments available and try again tomorrow   

That was my position yesterday when I was in trouble, went the 111 route. I mistakenly thought with going into reception and explaining the situation they would probook me an appointment for tomorrow,  I didn't expect one immediately,  but they wouldn't do it.

• Sad 1

Just grabbing some lunch after a quick blood test. Doctor and I wanted to eliminate everything just in case, so even though I have no tattoos & never injected “medicine”, tested for Hepatitis…..as well as the BIG H….the exposure would be over a decade ago but better safe than sorry, did a lot of shagging in LOS

IMG_1784.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

I have a Lotus delivery today which includes 8 litres of Doikham tomato juice because I spotted that it was buy 1 get 1 free..

I have never tried .. or even thought about ...making tomato wine before but that is what my hobby is all about, trying out new things and having fun ... the end product isn't as important as just having new ideas ...

I'm hoping for a sort of Bloody Mary taste @ 40 Baht a litre ...

Lets see ..

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

13 hours ago, boydeste said:

That was my position yesterday when I was in trouble, went the 111 route. I mistakenly thought with going into reception and explaining the situation they would probook me an appointment for tomorrow,  I didn't expect one immediately,  but they wouldn't do it.

Do they give you an option there to purchase extra insurance to help with that issue ?

3 hours ago, Glasseye said:

Do they give you an option there to purchase extra insurance to help with that issue ?

You can pay for private medical insurance.

I used to get it free when I was working, but when I retired they wanted way too much money to keep it on because of past medical issues.

You can pay for private consultation on an individual basis too

Dropped Cousin off at Airport at 07:30 , already on second load of washing   .... off to a family friend's funeral in about an hour ... busy morning... looking forward to getting back to normal next week , walking and gym ( required after this week... ) 

• Like 2

I woke up this morning after another good nights sleep. 

Had the alarm set so I could be in the doctors surgery for 8am.

My choice conversation in the Thai way, very polite with a smile :-

"I am away for a 3 week fishing holiday soon and I need to know if it's safe to go. If it's not, I need the doctors report for the insurance claim.

I also need to be able to declare my problem and any follow up tests pending to my insurance. If I don't and then need medical treatment they won't pay. I will then have no choice but to sue the surgery because you refused me to see a doctor, having already been seen by a medical professional in the Emergency centre who told me to come here ASAP."

I now have an appointment to see a doctor face to face on Monday!

Fortunately I have no pain today, unless I press quite hard, so it looks like l am healing, or it's the calm before the storm.

Pretty much just been lazy and resting, so today I will potter around a bit doing some prep work for my upcoming fishing trip and go for a walk later.

Edited by boydeste
  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 3

2 hours ago, boydeste said:

I woke up this morning after another good nights sleep. 

Had the alarm set so I could be in the doctors surgery for 8am.

My choice conversation in the Thai way, very polite with a smile :-

"I am away for a 3 week fishing holiday soon and I need to know if it's safe to go. If it's not, I need the doctors report for the insurance claim.

I also need to be able to declare my problem and any follow up tests pending to my insurance. If I don't and then need medical treatment they won't pay. I will then have no choice but to sue the surgery because you refused me to see a doctor, having already been seen by a medical professional in the Emergency centre who told me to come here ASAP."

I now have an appointment to see a doctor face to face on Monday!

Fortunately I have no pain today, unless I press quite hard, so it looks like l am healing, or it's the calm before the storm.

Pretty much just been lazy and resting, so today I will potter around a bit doing some prep work for my upcoming fishing trip and go for a walk later.

Hoping the best for you mate. Less pain no fever is certainly a good sign.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Glasseye said:

Hoping the best for you mate. Less pain no fever is certainly a good sign.

Thanks mate, feeling much better today.

I am still a bit confused why I should get a fever if I have a hernia, but that's another question for the Doctor now I will actually get to see one!

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Painter said:

Just driven to mum's to cut the grass.

Guess what? It started raining as I pulled up.  It is almost summer after all....

I just went outside to feed the fish and then go for a walk, pissing it down.

Decided to have dinner first and walk after.

Glorious weather around Heathrow right now. Sun shining and quite warm. 

• Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, galenkia said:

Got home to find my Castore order had been delivered. Jogging bottoms and England T20 shirt.

Someone f***d up and put a Maclaren F1 polo in the bag as well, that’s a £70 shirt. Result.👍

IMG_0300.jpeg

IMG_0301.jpeg

IMG_0302.jpeg

They look well smart.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, boydeste said:

Thanks mate, feeling much better today.

I am still a bit confused why I should get a fever if I have a hernia, but that's another question for the Doctor now I will actually get to see one!

Glad you're feeling better.

Yea, 111 is the way to go if you can't get an appointment at your Doctors. They can get an appointment for you and have done for me last week for the next day. 

Though have to say my GP's is fine, i can book online and it's never more than 3 days, or ring in the morning and get one for that day.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Krapow said:

Glad you're feeling better.

Yea, 111 is the way to go if you can't get an appointment at your Doctors. They can get an appointment for you and have done for me last week for the next day. 

Though have to say my GP's is fine, i can book online and it's never more than 3 days, or ring in the morning and get one for that day.

Thanks.

• Like 1

Must say I’m grinning ear 2 ear….internal medicine doc, she’s so awesome, just called me personally to give me the blood results……All clear for Hep/HIV. She is recommending a Hep vaccine though especially if I travel again

Big relief, especially as whatever has gripped me could have been HIV symptoms being activated by Long COVID…..whatever I’m relieved 

Not encouraging all you family chaps to go to Soi 6 and start barebacking 5 birds daily…..Just happy I escaped myself 😬

• Like 2
  • Haha 1