What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

2 hours ago, boydeste said:

Just had my flu jab at a walk in pharmacy local to me. Got lucky as they only had 4 left in the fridge for under 60s. Didn't realise it was a different jab for over 60s.

Covid booster booked for next week, so getting all my ducks in a row before looking at my Winter travels.

No flu jabs until 9th Oct here ... and Covid jabs only for 65+ , not sure if that will change 

• Surprised 1

17 hours ago, maipenrai said:

Another dreary wet autumn morning here at 4C - I wish it would dry up for a few days so I can get some yard work done - today will probably just turn into a pub day but at least I won't have to work for a while. 

5 month break. I reckon you will be seeing a lot of pub action.   :default_drink:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Glasseye said:

5 month break. I reckon you will be seeing a lot of pub action.   :default_drink:

Nope, just a five week break at this time - I was originally booked for a three week vacation to the Dominican Republic but ended up cancelling that for various reasons; however, I am still taking the time off because I need a break but will probably return to work for November and December before leaving for Thailand again in January. 

• Like 4

13 hours ago, maipenrai said:

Nope, just a five week break at this time - I was originally booked for a three week vacation to the Dominican Republic but ended up cancelling that for various reasons; however, I am still taking the time off because I need a break but will probably return to work for November and December before leaving for Thailand again in January. 

Ok. I got the weeks/months confused. Either way a nice break.

Hope to see you in Januaray. 

On 9/25/2023 at 2:42 PM, Stillearly said:

No flu jabs until 9th Oct here ... and Covid jabs only for 65+ , not sure if that will change 

Just booked my Covid booster and this will be the first Covid jab booster that I won’t have to travel 30 miles to get it. 🤗

My first jab I had to travel 60+ miles to get it FFS! Yet they were doing them in the County hospital 12 miles from me. 😡

Had the Shingles jab a few months ago at my GP practice and this years Flu jabs start in late October, early November just a short drive from me. 👍

Edited by KhunDon
  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, KhunDon said:

Just booked my Covid booster and this will be the first Covid jab booster that I won’t have to travel 30 miles to get it. 🤗

My first jab I had to travel 60+ miles to get it FFS! Yet they were doing them in the County hospital 12 miles from me. 😡

Had the Shingles jab a few months ago at my GP practice and this years Flu jabs start in late October, early November just a short drive from me. 👍

I got it wrong it's just the chemist I rang doesn't start the flu jabs until Oct .. my Dad got his today , just around the corner from his house 👍

• Like 2

1 hour ago, galenkia said:

Not looking forward to tomorrow afternoon.

My sister Jan goes in the hospice. f**k knows how I’m going to deal with it. She’s not just my sister, she’s my best friend and the person that has always been there for me.

Gonna be fucking hard.

Good luck to you both. 👌

I had to fly to Brisbane to accompany my eldest sister into hospital for an operation to remove a huge tumour in her gut, but that was only because it was pushing her organs up into her chest cavity and to make it easier for her to eat and breathe, but the cancer was terminal and she knew it. 
My last memory of her was hearing her as I walk down the corridor laughing out load as she joked with the surgeon. She passed away 6 weeks or so later with her 3 sons by her side.
I then flew to Tasmania to visit the husband and kids of my middle sister who had died there of cancer 5 years previously. 

It will be fucking hard mate as you say, but time and your memories of your sister will help. 👌

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, KhunDon said:

Good luck to you both. 👌

I had to fly to Brisbane to accompany my eldest sister into hospital for an operation to remove a huge tumour in her gut, but that was only because it was pushing her organs up into her chest cavity and to make it easier for her to eat and breathe, but the cancer was terminal and she knew it. 
My last memory of her was hearing her as I walk down the corridor laughing out load as she joked with the surgeon. She passed away 6 weeks or so later with her 3 sons by her side.
I then flew to Tasmania to visit the husband and kids of my middle sister who had died there of cancer 5 years previously. 

It will be fucking hard mate as you say, but time and your memories of your sister will help. 👌

Thanks mate, that’s really helpful.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, galenkia said:

My sister Jan goes in the hospice. f**k knows how I’m going to deal with it. She’s not just my sister, she’s my best friend and the person that has always been there for me.

Gonna be fucking hard.

Chin up Gally, i feel for ya.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, boydeste said:

For sure mate, I plan to come up and do similar to what I did last time. Hopefully Brad will make it again too!

Brilliant, maybe i can accompany you for a day trip when you're fishing this time and maybe Brad will also do. I could no doubt learn something from the fishing ''Master'' lol

• Like 1

11 hours ago, boydeste said:

@Krapow

£739 and £776  flying economy.

I saved 80 odd quid on the first one using up some miles that expired end of this year.

That's good.

The dates i'm looking at for July/August are currently about £1200, though it's in school holidays, for either EVA or Thai.

Pretty sure EVA will come down a bit in while, Thai will as well for a short while, then go up a lot. That's what's happened this past while. 

I'm waiting it out, want under £3000 for us, currently it's about £3300 for the 3 of us.

• Thumbs Up 3

12 hours ago, galenkia said:

Gonna be fucking hard.

I feel for you mate, my Dad got rushed to hospital a few weeks ago, Doctor rang me said he has sepsis, a separate infection, and covid, all at the same time, he's 76 already with loads of health issues. He said if he didn't respond well with the antibiotics, he's too frail to try anything else, they'd move him to comfort care, and to prepare for the worst.

Miraculously he did respond reasonably well, they took him off oxygen completely, infections eased. They then discharged him on Monday from hospital, only to be rushed back on Tuesday with spike in temp and suspected chest infection. He clearly shouldn't have been discharged, it was less than 24hours later he was back in. But the NHS in Northern Ireland is a shambles, probably needed a bed. 

It's day by day stuff again now, he's very yellow, so doing liver test, nevermind the rest. 

I expect to be told to fly home ASAP in the near future.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 8

5 hours ago, Krapow said:

That's good.

The dates i'm looking at for July/August are currently about £1200, though it's in school holidays, for either EVA or Thai.

Pretty sure EVA will come down a bit in while, Thai will as well for a short while, then go up a lot. That's what's happened this past while. 

I'm waiting it out, want under £3000 for us, currently it's about £3300 for the 3 of us.

Yes, I am well happy with the price in the end. I did have to do quite a bit of juggling with dates to make it work. Being single and retired helps. Either side of my dates added several hundred quid.

• Like 3

Just about to perform some sack n crack grooming, taking extreme care in the sensitive areas. I do this a few days before my travels to Thailand. Don't ask me why🙂

It's just something I have done for years. I've just had a haircut, so I guess I should tend to the shrubbery below to complement it and not something I would ask my hairdresser to perform😁

• Like 1
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 3