What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

On 11/27/2023 at 10:39 AM, boydeste said:

You just need to be organised. 

Book the flight, book a hotel.

I just take a photo of the above email, my bank statement, house council tax letter for proof of address, passport, recent picture and upload them as required. 

30 quid and a week later a visa rocks up via email.

1900b to extend and all is good.

I noticed that you have already extended your 60 day tourist visa which brings me to a question on behalf of my mate.

I told him about the process for getting the tourist visa. He then says to me his experience was that when trying to advise that he has a booking for 88 days the system throws his request out. I noticed that at the outset, it asks you your nationality, residence and duration of trip. Looking at that question it seems to suggest that you can extend your tourist visa by contacting immigration in Thailand and won't prevent you getting a tourist visa for 60 days online.

So, when uploading the supporting flight ticket, if it shows more than 60 days is that an issue or do they just know that you can get it extended once in Thailand.

My mate told me he was thrown out of the system and it suggested he needed a 90 day visa. I haven't been into the online form, as I believe you need to register first but as you are obviously staying more than 60 days, is the up loading of a ticket more than 60 days an issue in getting a 60 day tourist visa, does it cause any complications,

I suspect not, but just need to tell my mate as he is confused, although I know he is just lazy and he does have difficulty with filling in forms.

1 hour ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

- I'm just back from picking my passport up with the 90 days done and dusted with no mention of a TM30.

- On my walkabout I bought 2 x Haw Mok Pli with the plan of sitting in Katesire and eating them with a cheap beer .. but every table was taken ! Inside and out !! So I will have them now in my room.

Were you the only one eating banana blossom in the place. I'd go mango sticky rice myself.....

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Horizondave said:

I noticed that you have already extended your 60 day tourist visa which brings me to a question on behalf of my mate.

I told him about the process for getting the tourist visa. He then says to me his experience was that when trying to advise that he has a booking for 88 days the system throws his request out. I noticed that at the outset, it asks you your nationality, residence and duration of trip. Looking at that question it seems to suggest that you can extend your tourist visa by contacting immigration in Thailand and won't prevent you getting a tourist visa for 60 days online.

So, when uploading the supporting flight ticket, if it shows more than 60 days is that an issue or do they just know that you can get it extended once in Thailand.

My mate told me he was thrown out of the system and it suggested he needed a 90 day visa. I haven't been into the online form, as I believe you need to register first but as you are obviously staying more than 60 days, is the up loading of a ticket more than 60 days an issue in getting a 60 day tourist visa, does it cause any complications,

I suspect not, but just need to tell my mate as he is confused, although I know he is just lazy and he does have difficulty with filling in forms.

I have never had a problem getting a visa for 60 days when my flight shows 90 in country. I also only book a hotel for the first week or so.

To be honest,  I can't remember if there even is a question asking how long you intend to stay.

Either way, I have never had the system throw me out!

• Thumbs Up 1

licking my wounds.

I slipped over on some ice today in front of my workmates. cue hysterical laughter from all and sundry, so I did the typical thing, got up, laughed and said "oh what a wally I am, hahahahaha " despite the fact my arm, ribs hip joint and knee were hurting like f**k.

Now covered in bruises and have taken 800mg of brufen and am knocking back a bottle of Penfolds. That'll learn 'em.

• Sad 2

9 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

- I'm just back from picking my passport up with the 90 days done and dusted with no mention of a TM30.

- On my walkabout I bought 2 x Haw Mok Pli with the plan of sitting in Katesire and eating them with a cheap beer .. but every table was taken ! Inside and out !! So I will have them now in my room.

It's encouraging that Katsire is doing well mate.

I've a previous work friend who practically lives there mid week drinking a large chang via osmosis in the evening, and we often chat over a few beers, then when its check bin time and I'm a bit dizzy it's under 300 baht.

I'll have a word with managment and see if I can get seats reserved for Leeds fans only!. No need to worry, they won't be close to any cups or silverware LOL.

• Haha 1

I enjoyed my trip so much, i gonna go back in Feb, but this time much more further north, to the proper arctic wilderness.

I found it like diving, theraputic, at peace, the silence, the at one with nature, really really enjoyed it. 

Gonna stay here, with the guide who does trips here as his fun, he says Saariskelaa where i was is like a city compared to where we'll be going now  -

https://www.giellajohka.com/en/winter

https://www.giellajohka.com/

Have to fly Finn Air to Helsinki, then transfer to Ivalo flight.

There's 2 flights when i arrive at Helsinki from London. 

One has a transfer time of 1 hour.

The other has a transfer time of 2 and half hours.

Obviously i'd like the shorter 1 hour transfer one, and i assume luggage stays in transit. But would that be doable, all flights are Finn Air? I done the live chat bot thing on Finn Air, it said Helsinki is just 1 terminal, give yourself at least 30 mins. But as far as i'm aware all gates close 30mins before take off.

I vaguely remember this being talked about before from either @Horizondave and/or @john luke

Any advice guys?

Thinking it'll have to be the later one, it's only an extra 1 and a half hour, and for peace of mind, but what's your thoughts please? 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 4

2 hours ago, Krapow said:

I enjoyed my trip so much, i gonna go back in Feb, but this time much more further north, to the proper arctic wilderness.

I found it like diving, theraputic, at peace, the silence, the at one with nature, really really enjoyed it. 

Gonna stay here, with the guide who does trips here as his fun, he says Saariskelaa where i was is like a city compared to where we'll be going now  -

https://www.giellajohka.com/en/winter

https://www.giellajohka.com/

Have to fly Finn Air to Helsinki, then transfer to Ivalo flight.

There's 2 flights when i arrive at Helsinki from London. 

Obviously i'd like the shorter 1 hour transfer one, and i assume luggage stays in transit. But would that be doable, all flights are Finn Air? I done the live chat bot thing on Finn Air, it said Helsinki is just 1 terminal, give yourself at least 30 mins. But as far as i'm aware all gates close 30mins before take off.

I vaguely remember this being talked about before from either @Horizondave and/or @john luke

Any advice guys?

Thinking it'll have to be the later one, it's only an extra 1 and a half hour, and for peace of mind, but what's your thoughts please? 

My thoughts are:-

Whether you can make the change or not, flights are typically delayed, why give yourself the unnecessary stress at the start of your holiday. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, thegrogmonster said:

I take it you didn't have to do an online test or anything. I have heard at some places this is required.

Well, officially after watching the "safety" video, you do get 1 question about the segment you watched. 3 segments and the questions are really easy, so yes there is a test so to speak. 

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Krapow said:

Obviously i'd like the shorter 1 hour transfer one, and i assume luggage stays in transit. But would that be doable, all flights are Finn Air?

They offer even shorter connections but I would always go for the longer one as I wnt to get my moneys worth of food and drink in the lounge.  It is a really small and easy to get around airport, although you would be entering Schengen which my transits haven't done so there's some formalities there I expect.

image.png

Just checked in for my flight to Udon Thani at Don Mueng and on the way to security, two female immigration officers just stopped me and asked to see my passport. 

After checking my picture at the front, she went straight to the back where my recent extension stamp was. They had a quick chat between them, then she asked if I lived here.

I excitedly said no, I got a 3 month holiday. She then flicked through all the 9 years of the old Thai visas in there, grunted, then gave me it back. Held her hand out to move me on.

Guessing they were checking for over stay.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Sad 2

Just back from my first job of the day - renewing my Bangkok Bank card... It was quick, easy and free!!

I realised afterwards why I was so surprised that renewal was free.. I've never had a bank card here "go the full term", it has always been lost, stolen or swallowed by a machine!!

You live and learn !!

EDIT = I've been thinking about this again.. That is quite a shocking statistic given that I got my first bank card in '96 with Thai Farmers Bank on Soi Rangnam ... !! 

Edited by Derek Dangleberries
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Just back from my first job of the day - renewing my Bangkok Bank card... It was quick, easy and free!!

I realised afterwards why I was so surprised that renewal was free.. I've never had a bank card here "go the full term", it has always been lost, stolen or swallowed by a machine!!

You live and learn !!

EDIT = I've been thinking about this again.. That is quite a shocking statistic given that I got my first bank card in '96 with Thai Farmers Bank on Soi Rangnam ... !! 

Firstly, thanks for reminding me that mine runs out soon and secondly it's good you are taking better care of it. Lol.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

You live and learn !!

Not really free as you're paying 300B/year for ATM card access to your account.