What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

I was trying to do an online check in for my flight tomorrow & I couldn't get past country of residence & nationality,the usual drop down lists didn't appear.

Just about to give up when I thought try again with my VPN switched off.

All checked in now.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 4

4 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

wasn't happy with the trail the hares set. So many opportunities to avoid the farm fields and keep us under shade, but instead, for whatever reason they elected to use the unshaded areas. The worst was one section that went 600m on tarmac road. With the heat it felt like twice the distance. All the while I'm trudging along the road I'm looking to the left at beautiful tree canopy that if I were the hare I would have looped the trail through.

I'd have been furious. Its killing heat at the moment why deliberately put people through the worst of it?

Is this a macho thing?

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Lemondropkid said:

I'd have been furious. Its killing heat at the moment why deliberately put people through the worst of it?

Is this a macho thing?

Nah, just not thinking it through. Some hares are better at designing trails, while others are just lazy, or don't care when it comes to a well thought out trail.

There are also hares that just go out and wing it rather than use technology to help them design a great trail. For Saturday's trail it's easy enough to see via Google Earth the alternative trails that could have been used.

As an example, the blue lines below are trails we've used in the past, the green line is Saturday's trail. For the "Tramac Section" and the "Bloody Hot Section" it would have been easy enough to head into the areas marked "Shady Area I Would Have Used". But the hares on Saturday aren't comfortable with using GPS logs and Google Earth for planning, so we ended up with a less than ideal trail.

Not really an issue as most of the guys are pretty fit, and we take comfort in the knowledge there will be plenty of beer waiting for us at the end.

As an aside, no surprise given the heat our beer consumption was up. The 46 hashers consumed 297 cans and bottles of beer at a total cost of 10,078B. By that measure it was a great day out. :default_drink:

image.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 4

1 hour ago, Stillearly said:

Packing ... final time for this trip 

checked in online and downloaded boarding pass and lounge invitation 

taxi early tomorrow 

back in October 

Safe travels mate. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

6 minutes ago, thumper63 said:

Ok... so Brian was complaining like a little baby about how badly he sweats while in Pattaya . So I, out of the kindness of my caring and concerned heart bought ( with no thought of back charging the c**t) I took on the financial burden of purchasing the ungrateful pig a sweat towel

But do I get any Thanks????

Hell no.... he just bitches about the color, or for you English, colour.

I mean.... what's the big friggen deal?

20240325_162644.jpg

They didn't have rainbow?

• Haha 7

Remembering how I enjoy the ever changing view out over the solent...

HMS Prince of Wales (at least, ithink its the PoW, as I think QE is in Scotland being repaired)

20240326_121045.jpg

Which strangely isn't named on my marine tracking app, although its surrounding tugs are...

Screenshot_20240326-121154_MarineTraffic.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 4

1 hour ago, KWA said:

Eating the dregs from the fridge and freezer in preparation for departure.  Definitely a bad food day.

Yes, made a few sandwiches outta bits and pieces of cheese, cheese spread, tomatoes etc for once go through security.

On 3/21/2024 at 6:08 AM, thumper63 said:

How the heck are you Keith? It's good to see you are still alive and hopefully feeling well. 

Yes all is well, had a 8 week trip to Thailand and returned to u.k, just before Christmas. Pattaya, Hua Hin and finished off in Phuket to visit a few mates. Plenty of fishing in all of the locations, life is good, take care mate.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

4 hours ago, coxyhog said:

Just got home from Bangkok via Doha & Qatar Airways.

It's 9.25pm here & I got up at 3am UK time yesterday & have had about 90mins sleep since.

BKK-DOH was a Boeing 787 & DOH-LHR was an Airbus A350.I think the Airbus just shaded it,but maybe it was because there were a lot less people on the Bus,although I did get a numb arse on the Boeing.Food & service were good on both legs.

Sailed through immigration at LHR & then after less than 5mins in the baggage hall my suitcase came out.Then a 30min wait for my mate to pick me up & straight into a snarl up on the M25....& it was pissing down....some things never change.

Once drove down to London from Dumfries Scotland. I was in a fcuking car with manual transmission, sitting on the right side shifting with my left hand. Pissed like cats and dogs the entire journey. Found the exit on whatever M it was by sheer luck.