What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

21 hours ago, boydeste said:

Some routers work on 2 frequencies ( 2.4GHz and 5GHz ) but the device will only see one of them, I had to access my router and get the two frequencies separated which gave two different ID's to log into, then my new devices would see the one it wanted and log in as normal. Worth a try me thinks.

Looks like it was an issue with the Ethernet cable , no idea why , worked okay last time I used it  ... up and running now 🙂 

used the toilet for the first time this morning and thought something was amiss... the flush was connected to the hot water ..... summoned the plumber and he had to reverse his work from yesterday and correct it at the hot water cylinder... the plumber that originally did it , no longer works for them , but he couldn't have got it more wrong if he'd tried ... bunch of cnuts 😉

• Haha 1
  • Surprised 1

10 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

Looks like it was an issue with the Ethernet cable , no idea why , worked okay last time I used it  ... up and running now 🙂 

used the toilet for the first time this morning and thought something was amiss... the flush was connected to the hot water ..... summoned the plumber and he had to reverse his work from yesterday and correct it at the hot water cylinder... the plumber that originally did it , no longer works for them , but he couldn't have got it more wrong if he'd tried ... bunch of cnuts 😉

Ah so you weren't connected via wifi anyways LOL.

Is your house a new build and how did you know the toilet was filling with hot water?

Edited by boydeste

2 minutes ago, boydeste said:

Ah so you weren't connected via wifi anyways LOL.

Is your house a new build and how did you know the toilet was filling with hot water?

I eventually connected with WIFi only that was okay ... 🙂

Brand new build , bought it just before Xmas , but just moved in , lots more snags than I expected, but they have been quick so far to deal with them ... a couple of bigger ones , replacement patio doors , should be dealt with next month ... you would think they would have checked stuff more carefully, going to cost them more in the long run ....

The bowl felt warm when I touched it 

Sun is shining on my balcony, so not all bad 😉 

• Like 1
  • Great Info 1

6 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

Brand new build , bought it just before Xmas , but just moved in , lots more snags than I expected, but they have been quick so far to deal with them ... a couple of bigger ones , replacement patio doors , should be dealt with next month ... you would think they would have checked stuff more carefully, going to cost them more in the long run ....

The bowl felt warm when I touched it 

Sun is shining on my balcony, so not all bad 😉 

It's always nice to get stuff sorted and get settled into a new home.

I hope the boiler and rads are connected up correctly LOL.

I'm looking at a watch I thought I'd lost three or so years ago...

image.jpg

Last time I was on this job I shared accommodation with the same guy for two years and I was certain I'd left the flat last but somehow he had the watch all this time. He'd been winding me up, pun not intended as it's battery powered, about having something for me and I guess this must be it. 

16 hours ago, Stillearly said:

You should always "plug in" to the router whenever you can .... no reason to use WIFI at home ...

For example ... on a couple of computers I have at home when I connect via WIFI they only connect at a little over 140MB ( download -- speed test ) ... when I plug into the router I get at least 400 MB download .... it is because the Ethernet adapters I have on the laptops support support much higher connection speeds .... 

Now if you computer ( laptop ) does not have an Ethernet adapter you can get a USB-C adapter to Ethernet , for less than 200 baht ... use that to "plug in" to the router and you are off to the races ...

Edited by code_slayer_bkk
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

speakers NO .. computer YES

Thanks , but  I have the router tucked away in a cupboard , it's neater  ..... use everything via WiFi ,  prefer it looking good rather than speed  , for what I use it for , it works well 😉