What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

3 minutes ago, fygjam said:

If he can get across the road to visit Mohamed it will mean it's not raining so an umbrella would be superfluous.

I am providing preventative maintenance, unfortunately I don't have a solution for reactive maintenance other than taking a change of clothes and a towel in a plastic bag. I suppose a short cut would be to put the bag over his head which may improve looks too! :default_fun:

Only kidding,  Jambo is a slim handsome man. 🥰

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, boydeste said:

The sun has burnt the mist off quite quickly this morning.  It dropped down to 2 degrees last night.

20210930_095634.jpg

You are keen my man!

I was both a warm weather angler and golfer although I did do the occasional "cold weather" go at catching pike but never caught any large ones at all.

The largest pike I ever saw was when I was fishing for barbel on the Royalty fishery. I walked to where my mate was fishing to have a chat and a yard out from his rod tip, in quite a deep slow water bend, was this  monster pike just hovering in the water. Pete used his landing net to scare it off. 🤣

1 minute ago, Jambo said:

You are keen my man!

I was both a warm weather angler and golfer although I did do the occasional "cold weather" go at catching pike but never caught any large ones at all.

The largest pike I ever saw was when I was fishing for barbel on the Royalty fishery. I walked to where my mate was fishing to have a chat and a yard out from his rod tip, in quite a deep slow water bend, was this  monster pike just hovering in the water. Pete used his landing net to scare it off. 🤣

To be fair, I Don't do much cold weather fishing these days, although covid forced a winter on me last year. I much prefer to be in Asia somewhere using a different, although much shorter rod. 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Haha 1

We had a  half-decent day yesterday and I managed to get a fair bit of yard work done, but today it is lightly snowing again, a pain in the ass; if we could just have three or four sunny days in a row I would be ready for winter easily but this current weather is just not cooperating - cheap beer day today at my local though so all is not bad...

15 hours ago, boydeste said:

To be fair, I Don't do much cold weather fishing these days, although covid forced a winter on me last year. I much prefer to be in Asia somewhere using a different, although much shorter rod. 

It is possible to catch something in UK in the winter but they tend to be Bloaters.

Or is that a Red Herring?

Edited by Derek Dangleberries

18 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

It is possible to catch something in UK in the winter but they tend to be Bloaters.

Or is that a Red Herring?

The carp pretty much hibernate so I change over to fishing for pike in the Winter. Often using herring for bait and sometimes red too! :default_fun:

1 minute ago, boydeste said:

Nothing at all, but we were chasing an 80 pounder.

Par for the course I am afraid.

Nice relaxing week away, apart from the rain was brutal driving home this side.

Same here mate,pissing down all day.

Glad you enjoyed it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, galenkia said:

Same here mate,pissing down all day.

Glad you enjoyed it.

I treat it as a holiday, being at one with all the wildlife is very special.

Well apart from the rats, interesting the massive one I dispached was the only one I see. He had been ruling the roost for a while methinks.

2 hours ago, boydeste said:

Nothing at all, but we were chasing an 80 pounder.

Par for the course I am afraid.

Nice relaxing week away, apart from the rain was brutal driving home this side.

The one time I was in England/Scotland I drove from Dumfries to London in a rental car (drivers side on the wrong side for me, ugh). It rained like hell the entire drive. I stopped at a rest area (or whatever they are called over there). Got gas and something to eat (I think it may have been a Burger King). I remember thinking how odd it was that they didn't have ice for the beverages.

I had no music with me at the time so I picked up a cassette. It was the Bee Gees, "One" 

And that album had one good song... lol.   But that song was "Alone" and what a great song it is. I must have played that song a dozen times on that drive. Whenever I hear it I automatically think about that wonderful trip.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

As usual I was up early and at first light I finished off cutting my hedge.

I then stripped my bed for the "Annual Bedsheet Washing Ceremony" I managed to bend my sheets and put them in the neighbour's washing machine. They put up quite a fight and I received quite a few bites and bruises but they are on final spin so have to go hang them up soon .... that is if they haven't disintegrated in the wash!

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

As usual I was up early and at first light I finished off cutting my hedge.

I then stripped my bed for the "Annual Bedsheet Washing Ceremony" I managed to bend my sheets and put them in the neighbour's washing machine. They put up quite a fight and I received quite a few bites and bruises but they are on final spin so have to go hang them up soon .... that is if they haven't disintegrated in the wash!

Far too early, I just allow mine to walk to the washing machine by themselves.

• Haha 1