What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

4 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Were either of you in credit with your variable tariff companies and was it transferred across..??

I am in credit but have not moved provider. I was just being advised that I was coming to the end of my first year with Eon and they offered me 5 different tariffs they felt suitable to me. The offers were made prior to the gas prices going crazy so I jumped in and confirmed a 2 year fixed deal before it was taken off the table or showed an increase in price.

I was happy to stay. Eon are one of the big boys so feel good.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Another crappy day at only 3C with wind and intermittent snow - I was going to swap a disabled friend's summer wheels/tires over for the winter units today but we've decided to wait a couple of days for the weather to improve, and I'll probably do my own at the same time...

Last night was very bizarre 

Went to our favourite pub with a mate, and when we went to the bar to order, we were told that there was no draught beer or lager available, only cider. No bottled beer either.

I had a word with the manager who I know well, and he told me that it was because of a delivery driver shortage and apologised.  We were going to try another near by pub, but he said that they were in the same position. 

However, they did still have Guinness on draught, so we ordered that. The place was virtually empty with a couple of Food tables occupied and about 4 other customers. It's a massive pub too and the atmosphere was dead. 

I suspect that a lot of customers had walked in and walked out again, or maybe word got around about the beer shortage. 

Never seen that before, ever

• Sad 2

Just taken delivery of some fishing leads which I needed for my trip.

Time to load the car up, take a shower and head off out to my mates house which is around 90 mins drive away.

Good job I have a full tank of fuel as people are panic buying here and there are massive queues for the pumps.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, boydeste said:

Just taken delivery of some fishing leads which I needed for my trip.

Time to load the car up, take a shower and head off out to my mates house which is around 90 mins drive away.

Good job I have a full tank of fuel as people are panic buying here and there are massive queues for the pumps.

Have a great time mate !    What's the latest fuss with the gas ?

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Horizondave said:

Just watching the main news which is showing panic queuing for petrol.  This is where the media are so poor at giving the real news.  This morning the Transport secretary advised the ITV studio that only 5 out of 1200 BP stations were closed (temporarily) but that fact didn't cut it and comments after he was gone were about a shortage of fuel for Christmas.

OK, there could be a shortage yet facts right now say there is not a shortage, just a temporary closure of 5 garages yet now queues of cars are blocking roads, causing traffic jams and may in fact end up closing many garages in major city areas because they will run out of petrol before they are restocked.

If it's not toilet rolls it is petrol at forecourts, our media is not spreading the truth when it is presented to them and Joe Public just sees chaos because our media don't do balanced reporting anymore.

Spot on👍

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, boydeste said:

It's madness, if we didn't have a shortage of fuel, we have now. 

The sheep are herding 50 cars deep ffs.

Friggin Ting Tong.

We had that a few months back when the Ruskies hacked that f@#king pipeline. The shortages were caused more by the lunkheads topping off their tanks than the actual disruption the the pipeline. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

I've just been sitting outside with the soi dogs listening to the neighbours' mau lam music playing wearing a skanky old pair of shorts and a scabby old vest. Perfect afternoon really!!

Sounds like a classic Thai urban hood. Enjoy a few Chang's and get some rest before the roosters start clacking. 😬

• Like 1

Getting my "off to watch Hearts footy" clobber together.

Hoody in maroon, stove pipe jeans and steel toe cap Doc Martin's. 

Off first to the "Calley Sample Room " for several pints of Deuchar's IPA.

(Was a touch economical with the truth in line 2 😁)

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

34 minutes ago, Jambo said:

Getting my "off to watch Hearts footy" clobber together.

Hoody in maroon, stove pipe jeans and steel toe cap Doc Martin's. 

Off first to the "Calley Sample Room " for several pints of Deuchar's IPA.

(Was a touch economical with the truth in line 2 😁)

Times are a changing....   ☺️