What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

Went to the gym then played snooker.

Snooker is a problem as I've been teetotal for 10 days now & it usually takes a couple of pints for me to get into the swing of it,same as pool.

But I've got a face to face with a GP tomorrow so will be asking him about my fatty liver & how long to be dry.

It actually says on the NHS website that 2 weeks is enough.

& I'm due to play snooker again on Friday.

51 minutes ago, boydeste said:

Watching lots of single engine planes fly overhead and turn infront of me. Must be on a flight path change. 20210928_153259.jpg

I live under a flight path for military choppers. Past few months there have been a lot of them flying past, sometimes in formations. The increase in the number of flyovers has been very noticeable (you can hear them coming for miles, and the sound is very distinct).

I have figured that they are coming from military bases in the South and heading to the D.C. area. I figure they are transporting people and stuff coming back from Afghanistan. At first it was kind of cool, but over time it begins to make me a bit angry - knowing how much was pissed away over 20 years.

Been out and about today, daughter's school, car maintenance garage, Vauxhall dealer, drop/pick up wife from her hospital workplace etc and my main thought was how there were no queues at all the petrol garages I passed. These were all the big ones between Neath and Swansea so I gave myself a smile.

I don't need any fuel right now but feel more comfortable that my experience won't be an overly negative one.

3 hours ago, Glasseye said:

I live under a flight path for military choppers. Past few months there have been a lot of them flying past, sometimes in formations. The increase in the number of flyovers has been very noticeable (you can hear them coming for miles, and the sound is very distinct).

I have figured that they are coming from military bases in the South and heading to the D.C. area. I figure they are transporting people and stuff coming back from Afghanistan. At first it was kind of cool, but over time it begins to make me a bit angry - knowing how much was pissed away over 20 years.

I often see and hear Chinook and other military helicopters passing over my house on their way to and from Alaska - they stop at our local airport to refuel. 

4 hours ago, Glasseye said:

Lots more, I think this one might even be a military drone. 

20210928_175336.jpg

1 hour ago, bob lt said:

Were you invited or did you have to request a booster?

Invited - Got a text message (SMS) from NHSvaccine.  The text message has a link which you enter name, NHS number and Post Code.   It takes you to a list of venues and appointment dates in area.  First appointments 16.10.21; I chose an early appointment the day after.  You then get an appointment confirmation by text message from NHSBooking.

• Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Watching the rain pissing down and wondering how wet I am going to get walking across the road to our local equivalent of a 7-Eleven.

I have got used to buying and reading a daily newspaper again. It is like returning to an old friend.

The shop is owned and run by "Mohamed" as all good corner shops are these days and he is one of those guys that everybody seems to instantly like. He knows his football and has a son who is at Uni doing a degree course in cyber security. His son is never going to have to worry about getting a job.

He gets quite animated and upset when talking about Celtic at footy and Indian cricket particularly when either win. 😄

Still pissing down!

Decisions; decisions?

Edited by Jambo
Clarification

1 hour ago, Jambo said:

Watching the rain pissing down and wondering how wet I am going to get walking across the road to our local equivalent of a 7-Eleven.

I have got used to buying and reading a daily newspaper again. It is like returning to an old friend.

The shop is owned and run by "Mohamed" as all good corner shops are these days and he is one of those guys that everybody seems to instantly like. He knows his football and has a son who is at Uni doing a degree course in cyber security. His son is never going to have to worry about getting a job.

He gets quite animated and upset when talking about Celtic at footy and Indian cricket particularly when either win. 😄

Still pissing down!

Decisions; decisions?

Next time you visit Mohamed,  purchase an umbrella 🌂 😀