What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

2 hours ago, Glasseye said:

I just screwed up....

Reset my smart t.v. Everything comes back in Thai, can't figure out how to change the language to English to adjust the settings. Friggen mess.

I normally just google how to change the language and just follow the steps shown in English as the steps should still be the same. Once you hit the language screen you should English mentioned.

• Great Info 2

1 minute ago, Stillearly said:

They were making a racket last night ..

I did my best impression of a balloon chaser there earlier in the evening... thought the noise was actually quite musical, although loud,  at least whilst I was there. Unfortunately I was sat by the pig which didn't help my cough, so I didn't stay long

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Stillearly said:

Was reading this hotel website , was thinking about staying there on a future trip .... is there an advertising standards authority in Thailand.. ? 555 😉

F95080C3-FC84-4523-A9D8-79184E30526A.jpeg

"water sports activities" ... ehmm... You don't need a "dandy beach" for that. 🙃

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, forqalso said:

If you see this in your settings, it means “language”. ภาษา.

English might be listed in English, if not ภาษาอังกฤษ

I hope this helps. 

Thanks man. I was dog tired when it happened so I just turned in for the night. But this little tid bit helped me get it sorted out. I had a day of repeated tech bang ups throughout the day. This one iced the cake.

I realized what the primary culprit was. I am having some issues with roaming and auto switching between wifi and mobile. I will turn one off and then forget to turn back on.  

I just have to stay more focused on checking it more often. 

On 2/4/2023 at 3:18 PM, SteveBC said:

I envy you being able to enjoy real ale.

That and castles are two things i miss from the UK.

Yep I am the same in Thailand - really miss the real ale. Ironically I’ve been back in UK for 8 days and haven’t had a pint yet. Couple of bottles of red and  that’s all however I’ve got some downtime this week and a evening in my local planned….

• Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, Smiler said:

Yep I am the same in Thailand - really miss the real ale. Ironically I’ve been back in UK for 8 days and haven’t had a pint yet. Couple of bottles of red and  that’s all however I’ve got some downtime this week and an evening in my local planned….

That sounds like a great plan 👍

11 hours ago, Stillearly said:

Was reading this hotel website , was thinking about staying there on a future trip .... is there an advertising standards authority in Thailand.. ? 555 😉

F95080C3-FC84-4523-A9D8-79184E30526A.jpeg

Im booked into here in 4 weeks time. I'll let you know what its like whilst im there.

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, Smiler said:

Yep I am the same in Thailand - really miss the real ale. Ironically I’ve been back in UK for 8 days and haven’t had a pint yet. Couple of bottles of red and  that’s all however I’ve got some downtime this week and a evening in my local planned….

Make the most of it mate and enjoy....

No walk for me today!

My daughter is coming down from Bangkok today for the week so I've been doing little jobs around the house. I've hosed down the outside cooker and cooking area, cleaned frying pans and saucepans etc...tightened handles on them where required, cleaned the toilet, mopped floors etc..........OK, it is not up to "room inspection" standard but it'll do !!!

PBG later ..... or maybe even Treetown. Hopefully a vlogger will call her a prostitute so that she can get a couple of thousand baht like the other girl did on WS a few months ago!!

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 3

9 hours ago, Sherlock said:

Im booked into here in 4 weeks time. I'll let you know what its like whilst im there.

I popped in the other day to check it out , it looks great , although the standard rooms are on the small side the king size rooms look better .., a great deal if you stay for a week , they give you 1500 credit for food and non alcoholic beverages 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Nightcrawler said:

Nursing a the mother of hangovers with coffee and Nurofen. 

Going to need a holiday after all this. My head feels like a dog's scrotum. Not that I know from experience. 

Just watching these fit delivery guys lifting all manner off stuff making me feel like a cripple. 

• Thumbs Up 1