Dog Stories

Glasseye

4 hours ago, lazarus said:

Back in the day...1988

My German Shepherd -- great dog...very smart.

.... log cabin way up in the mountains, two old Chevys, drift boat...

59638044_2263655293657498_8757282727058735104_o.jpg

Great photo. Is that a holiday home or did you live in the mountains?

34 minutes ago, Zambo said:

Great photo. Is that a holiday home or did you live in the mountains?

Thanks.

Yeah, I lived to play in the US mountains (Colorado, Idaho, Montana, Lake Tahoe) for a long time '76-'94. Left the big city right after high school...

Skiing, mtn. biking, river running, motorbike touring, fishing, backpacking, etc...

fun while it lasted. 🙂

. . .

20150521-20150521-IMG_9923.jpg

20150521-20150521-IMG_9920.jpg

20150521-20150521-IMG_9909.jpg

2496584882_fa3ca2e712_b.jpg

Screenshot 2024-02-10 182718.jpg

Edited by lazarus
  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 2/11/2024 at 3:56 AM, lazarus said:

Back in the day...1988

My German Shepherd -- great dog...very smart.

.... log cabin way up in the mountains, two old Chevys, drift boat...

59638044_2263655293657498_8757282727058735104_o.jpg

Log Cabin R ?

• 2 weeks later...

Mentioned before, we've always had Soi dogs at home in the RP. Askals make excellent guard dogs and companions if you get them from a pup, and dogs and pups are bloody everywhere.

The best thing about them is that every macho wannabe tough guy filipino is shit scared of them, because they know the damage they can do. we recently lost a family friend to rabies though, so I don't think that fear is misplaced.

When I was in town on my last trip a farang lady fed all the stray dogs on the patch of wasteland between Soi 8 and Soi 10 which runs along Beach Rd. I thought better of walking past them while they ate in case they thought my leg was part of the offering!. Props to the farang lady for her kindness and compassion.

Edited by Butch

5 hours ago, Butch said:

Mentioned before, we've always had Soi dogs at home in the RP. Askals make excellent guard dogs and companions if you get them from a pup, and dogs and pups are bloody everywhere.

The best thing about them is that every macho wannabe tough guy filipino is shit scared of them, because they know the damage they can do. we recently lost a family friend to rabies though, so I don't think that fear is misplaced.

When I was in town on my last trip a farang lady fed all the stray dogs on the patch of wasteland between Soi 8 and Soi 10 which runs along Beach Rd. I thought better of walking past them while they ate in case they thought my leg was part of the offering!. Props to the farang lady for her kindness and compassion.

There is a very large fenced off area on the side of VT 6, opposite side from Central. I call it piss alley (escpecially bad when walking along that strip along 2nd Rd.). 

A pack of dogs run the show of that entire area. During the day you would hear a spat or two, but not real bad. But there was something that really bothered me. There was one dog in that pack who would be abused by the other dogs. I could not identify which dog it was because I was far up and the view was usually blocked by vegetation or something. But, the sounds were horrific. The crys from that dog were loud and unmistakable. It was without doubt being worked over by one or more of the other dogs on a daily basis. How it survived as long as it did I will never know, but it was sickening to listen to.

At night you would hear the fighting, sometimes incredibly loud. Happened everynight. The fights would usually be out on B.R. or more likely in the area of 2nd. Road. They were protecting their space and did so viciously.

On occasion they would howl as an amblance screamed by. That would mimic the sound of the ambulance siren perfectly. I eventually got fed up and move to a place on the Central side of VT 6, much quieter.

• Thumbs Up 1