Songkran to last for one month ....

Stillearly

The water madness has begun on Soi 7. I wonder if the bars on Soi 7 will see an uptick in business to justify what in my experience is the earliest start ever to the water madness.

As they say, forewarned is forearmed. If you want to avoid getting drenched, Soi 7 is definitely the soi to avoid. Pictures of the war zone during a cease fire this morning.

P4100015.jpg

P4100016.jpg

P4100020.jpg

P4100023.jpg

• Thumbs Up 5
  • Surprised 1

I'm reading this in a taxi on the way to Swampy. Looks like I'm getting out of Dodge in the nick of time, although I thought I had made a two day buffer. 

• Thumbs Up 5
  • Haha 2

30 minutes ago, Bazle said:

I'm reading this in a taxi on the way to Swampy. Looks like I'm getting out of Dodge in the nick of time, although I thought I had made a two day buffer. 

The only time of year one can honestly say they're happy to have a holiday away from Thailand. Safe travels.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, forcebwithu said:

The water madness has begun on Soi 7. I wonder if the bars on Soi 7 will see an uptick in business to justify what in my experience is the earliest start ever to the water madness.

The children here (10 yrs and younger) started yesterday at the bottom of my drive and using one of my garden hoses to refill their little buckets. Quite sweet really ..

• Thumbs Up 2

8 hours ago, Horizondave said:

If I was living in Pattaya I would be flying to the Philippines around now and not coming back till the 20th at the earliest.

Many guys I know are doing just that. I am staying in Bkk in the hope I can avoid most of it.

• Thumbs Up 3

16 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

I wish the numbnuts with the high pressure PVC water guns would realize how dangerous they are. Even though the sale and use of them are supposedly banned you still see vendors walking around selling them.

image.jpeg

Photo Credit: TPN https://www.facebook.com/Thepattayanews/posts/1360892171346027

Yes, they have to be used with care - I had one for a few years but finally had to toss it when the seals failed; I do plan to buy another if/when I can find one. I remember some years ago the cops were running around confiscating them, and then selling them back to the vendors, lol...again, it's not the weapon, it's the asshole using it - some people think it's more fun somehow to aim  at people's heads and eyes, which is something I would never do. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, maipenrai said:

Yes, they have to be used with care - I had one for a few years but finally had to toss it when the seals failed; I do plan to buy another if/when I can find one. I remember some years ago the cops were running around confiscating them, and then selling them back to the vendors, lol...again, it's not the weapon, it's the asshole using it - some people think it's more fun somehow to aim  at people's heads and eyes, which is something I would never do. 

I agree, I will also be looking to buy one when we arrive in Patts on the 17th.I like them because of the distance you can Squirt the water and would never use it in close proximity to anyone's  face.

• Thumbs Up 1

I have NOT seen one water gun, high pressure or other wise in the last 5 days here on Beach Rd, at The Hard Rock. 

As a general rule, most of this in Patts is done in the side Soi's?  

Ok by me if that is the case....our last night here....everyday at the pool for at least an hour has been great. 

IMG_2396.JPGIMG_2358.JPG

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

2 hours ago, Yessongs said:

I have NOT seen one water gun, high pressure or other wise in the last 5 days here on Beach Rd, at The Hard Rock. 

As a general rule, most of this in Patts is done in the side Soi's?  

Ok by me if that is the case....our last night here....everyday at the pool for at least an hour has been great. 

IMG_2396.JPGIMG_2358.JPG

12th tomorrow, it normally starts spreading, already started Soi 7 apparently .....Soi 6 , Baukhao and anywhere bars are grouped along Beach and 2nd road should be starting tomorrow ... 💦🔫

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

6 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

12th tomorrow, it normally starts spreading, already started Soi 7 apparently .....Soi 6 , Baukhao and anywhere bars are grouped along Beach and 2nd road should be starting tomorrow ... 💦🔫

Yep, heard that too today. 

Napalm is the way forward 😁😁

• Haha 1

Water chucking seems to be limited to the side sois in Bkk thankfully today. A few drenched people appearing in lower Suk armed with soakers, but seem to realise it's a no go once on the main strip.

Expect tomorrow may be different. 

At least today I made it to the pool comp dry!

• Thumbs Up 2

On 4/10/2024 at 3:31 PM, Nightcrawler said:

I'd rather be in Gaza, than Pattaya during Songkran this year 😊

Maybe that's a slight exaggeration 😁😁

I was just going to say... I'd rather be in hell. But, you beat me to it.

Cheers mate !

• Thumbs Up 1

Up here in CM I don't live far from the incoming flight line. It's not bad, I rarely hear them.

The past few hours though... they have been roaring in seems like every 15, 20 minutes. 

I'm sure the hotels, vendors etc. are happy. But once this is over it is going to dry up for quite a while around here. 

song 1.jpg

37 minutes ago, boydeste said:

Just came across the walkway from one side of Suk to the other, two wankers, sounded English, at midnight think it's fun to squirt the girls coming out of Thermae. 

"Wankers". An understatement mate.

cnuts

2 minutes ago, Freee!! said:

More like an overstatement, if they could wank they wouldn't need squirt guns for the girls.

Good point. Indeed.

* squirt guns should be reserved for Soi 6 only.

Edited by Glasseye
  • Thumbs Up 1

Unfortunately it appears gone are the days when the water madness pretty much ended shortly after sunset, with the exception being the 18th and 19th. Last night the madness on Buakhao was still going strong at 8pm. That's when I saw the writing in the wet pavement that it wasn't going to end so left to find a safe, dry haven at King's Club.

I've always thought if a group of bar owners in one area got together and agreed to create a water free zone during the days leading up to the 19th, they would find themselves overwhelmed with customers.

• Like 1
  • Great Info 2
  • Thumbs Up 3