Post Pattaya blues

Bobbyg

How do you guys manage? 

Ive just returned and had the greatest time ever. Been going since 2006 so one would think i would be able to manage these blues but i never can!!

• Like 1

I used to get post Pattaya blues up until maybe about 10 years ago.  Now I don't these days. Perhaps because I don't enjoy it like I used to.  

But when I did, I used to.plough myself into work and and at the same time carve out my next leave booking and count the days to the next trip. 

• Thumbs Up 4

1 hour ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

The poor bloke on that EVA flight into LHR that tried to commit suicide in the bogs must have been going through hell. I wonder what was going through his mind and how he is faring now.

Poor chap!!

I read he had 30 to 40 mins of CPR and his heart was beating by the time he was put in an ambulance. I hope this type of thing doesn't catch on.

• Thumbs Up 1

Only having been to Pattaya 5 times I don't suffer "Pattaya Blues". 

However, leaving Thailand and having to wait at the departure gate at Swampy depresses me big time. Looking at fellow farang there leaves me thinking I'm far from being alone. 

• Like 1

I think if I was always doing shorter trips like some on the board, I would be depressed upon leaving as the time just goes by so fast; but after my usual three to five month trips I am quite content to be heading home. 

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 2

Booking the next flight used to help,suppose it depends how long till you go back again,for the first 5 years tho that's what I'd do,soon as I got home book the next flight ,go to work for 3 or 4 weeks then back again ,sometimes it wad good to get a break,and sometimes I couldn't get enough and take a sick from work stay longer,never helped the bank balance tho 😄

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

11 hours ago, Bobbyg said:

How do you guys manage? 

Ive just returned and had the greatest time ever. Been going since 2006 so one would think i would be able to manage these blues but i never can!!

Within 24 hours of my arrival back home I would have my next trip booked if I have that to look forward to I could get through the Blues.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

19 minutes ago, Yesitisdakid said:

Within 24 hours of my arrival back home I would have my next trip booked if I have that to look forward to I could get through the Blues.

Me too! 🤣

I distinctly  recall  booking my second trip quite literally the same day as I returned from my first. My two grown up daughters were far from impressed and very suspicious. I dread to think what their reaction would have been to my 10 bar fines. 😊

• Haha 4

I am getting so I get the blues when I am here, not after I've departed.

It's like a dog damn blast furnace out there.

I have smelled some horrendous stinks throughout my lifetime. Dead bodies roasting in car trunks on a mid August Chicago day. Cadavers that have been roasted in a major arson fire. Guts cut open on an autopsy table....

But.... none of them came close to the stink I smelled today walking down Pattaya Central and B.R. The stank made me gag a few times, almost puked once.

Edited by Glasseye
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, Zambo said:

I read he had 30 to 40 mins of CPR and his heart was beating by the time he was put in an ambulance. I hope this type of thing doesn't catch on.

I agree, especially if it starts to happen on flights to Bangkok lol

I'm usually ready for home, even with only doing 3 or 4 week trips.

But, i usually have another already booked. Like we fly Tuesday night, and i have already the next one booked for when the schools break up in July. 

Though i like to go other places as well, enjoy Turkey, but now i've discovered Lapland and all it has to offer, it's gonna be a yearly pilgrimage, if not more. Already booked for end of Feb next year to Lapland, flights and accommodation, 8 nights. 

Places like Turkey or Lapland are fine for 10 days or so, though unless i could get near enough 3 weeks, i wouldn't go to Thailand, all the cost of airfares and time spent travelling. At the moment we're restricted to school holidays, though not complaining, it's what i wanted and happily signed up for!

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

19 hours ago, Krapow said:

I'm usually ready for home, even with only doing 3 or 4 week trips.

But, i usually have another already booked. Like we fly Tuesday night, and i have already the next one booked for when the schools break up in July. 

Though i like to go other places as well, enjoy Turkey, but now i've discovered Lapland and all it has to offer, it's gonna be a yearly pilgrimage, if not more. Already booked for end of Feb next year to Lapland, flights and accommodation, 8 nights. 

Places like Turkey or Lapland are fine for 10 days or so, though unless i could get near enough 3 weeks, i wouldn't go to Thailand, all the cost of airfares and time spent travelling. At the moment we're restricted to school holidays, though not complaining, it's what i wanted and happily signed up for!

The school holidays are my curse, as to travel any other time requires my wife to take time off for me. There will come a time when Kataleya can let herself in/out of the house and mummy will be back later, but that time is a few years away (she is only 9 next Sunday).

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

I’m always hugely depressed when leaving Thailand but I’m a workaholic once I’m back home so just keep grafting until the next trip and look forward to eventually retiring to LOS

• Like 2
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1