Recomended TV Programs to Watch from Live TV and Streaming Services (Threads Merged)

galenkia

On 9/28/2023 at 12:50 AM, Stillearly said:

No idea , but I guess you could use a VPN to say you were in U.K. for Netflix ... 

It wasn't that great , I found it unsatisfying, the police still sticking to their story that Barry George did it ... interviews with him , show he is mentally impaired and couldn't organise anything like this ... he once thought it would be a great idea to try and jump over some London buses on roller skates.... spoiler , it wasn't ....😂

Having now watched it i agree with you, him attempting to jump over the buses was classic comedy 🤣

• Thumbs Up 1

On 10/2/2023 at 11:01 AM, ChiFlyer said:

American TV shows begin returning to the air with new episodes this week. Expected back beginning on October 1st are:

• The Simpsons
  • Family Guy
  • Last Week Tonight with John Oliver
  • Stephen Colbert on October 4th

Here is a summary of things.

https://comicbook.com/tv-shows/news/john-olivers-last-week-tonight-confirms-new-episode-will-air-just-days-after-strike-end/

Nothing is available on IPT just yet. I assume that the various feeds need to be turned back on. 

There was an error in the article that I quoted.

Stephen Colbert began releasing new shows again on Monday October 2nd.

Edited by ChiFlyer

This had been coming up nonstop for over a month, finally was released and I watched it Thursday. Decent murder mystery thriller, Benicio good as usual........but I dont know, is it possible for the same movie to leave both questions unanswered AND be obvious with some of the later revelations early on? Thats how I felt.....

728964_m1692653170.jpg

Edited by Golfingboy

Found this interesting as opposed to a Netflix movie I viewed last which was probably the shittest thing I've watched that didn't include Keanu wooden Reeves or that soon to imprisoned Russell Brand twat. 

" fair play" was the movie. Nice bit of eye candy but that's about it... Utter tripe. 

Screenshot_20231010_001621_com.android.chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20231010_002330_com.android.chrome.jpg

• Like 2

On 10/9/2023 at 11:34 PM, Stillearly said:

5555  are you sure it's only five ... this is the Netflix thread 😉 

🤣 I was only saying to my wife yesterday I dont remember going home last night.In my defence I had also consumed 2pints of Estrella a Mojito and a bottle of Cobra before supping the Kilkennys.

• Haha 6

3 hours ago, Binlid said:

🤣 I was only saying to my wife yesterday I dont remember going home last night.In my defence I had also consumed 2pints of Estrella a Mojito and a bottle of Cobra before supping the Kilkennys.

forget about it......as long as you didn't lose your phone and get robbed by a couple of Arabs, you're more than responsible than me......

The 8 episode limited series "The Fall of the House of Usher" dropped on Netflix and IPT yesterday. It has a current IMDB of 7.9 (down from an opening IMDB of 8.6). Geez I wonder who pumps up those opening IMDB numbers 🙄

Anyway, I have downloaded it to my queued list and will likely get around to watching it around Xmas. Opening reviews are very good, if one likes this type of thing.

1 hour ago, Glasseye said:

Scratch that... it sucked. Fell asleep during it. But that may be because of the two Ambien I took.     5555 !

Before I waste my time watching a movie I have a look at the IDMB reviews. I also select Sort By Review Date which helps somewhat to remove the bogus reviews that are usually posted when a movie is first released. Based on the latest reviews I wasn't even tempted to give Gemini Man a try.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1025100/reviews?sort=submissionDate&dir=desc&ratingFilter=0

KtuL9QIHXH.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

57 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

Before I waste my time watching a movie I have a look at the IDMB reviews. I also select Sort By Review Date which helps somewhat to remove the bogus reviews that are usually posted when a movie is first released. Based on the latest reviews I wasn't even tempted to give Gemini Man a try.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1025100/reviews?sort=submissionDate&dir=desc&ratingFilter=0

KtuL9QIHXH.jpg

I dont like reading reviews... can often spoil a story.