Pattaya Go-go bars, beer bars & restaurants (News closures and Updates)

john luke

13 minutes ago, galenkia said:

Great soi back in the day, Tropical bar was a regular for me.

I stayed in Sabai Lodge a few times and nearly always found myself in there late at night when drifting home with my company. 

• Thumbs Up 1

14 hours ago, Butch said:

Ahh yes mate, right, here goes, opposite Classroom on Pattayaland 2, the building was part of the Top class entertainment group, a big building owned by Nisachol (nickname Gop) and her husband Steve, a lawyer from Reno who purchased a fair number of pattayaland 2 properties in the late 90's when the currency crashed .(Lipstick, old orleans, bubble, rodeo girls, popcorn, planet rock)

Opposite Classroom was Jupiter and Venus A Gogo, which were 2 seperate GGB's in the same building separated by a wall, which was later removed and it was made into into Planet Rock and Venus a GoGo, then after a few months merged into Planet Rock. Interesting aside, "Tim" (former manager) from Mistys was employed by Gop initially, then went over the road to work with Andy.

As you step out of Classroom, looking opposite there was Planet Rock (with stairs leading up to it), then on the left was Kitten Club. to the right was a car park entrance, then some food stalls and then a large money changers at the end of the road.

classroom had A bomb to the left (as you look at it) then Miss Dono's to the right, Emergency A GoGo, Mistys as a one unit and then, I think it was Lipstick and then the Irish pub. If memory serves me right, which it very probably does not.

Honeypot was down Soi 2 wasn't it? I recall getting quoted 6k baht LT there from a girl who must hav thought that I looked like a bigger c**t than I actually am, which is hard to believe.

Used to like the Kitten club, I would order a girl from the specific channel on the TV in my room in Penthouse, what a great hotel. Planet Rock was also a great place with some stunning girls on stage.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

18 minutes ago, Horizondave said:

Used to like the Kitten club, I would order a girl from the specific channel on the TV in my room in Penthouse, what a great hotel. Planet Rock was also a great place with some stunning girls on stage.

The Penthouse was a good hotel, or rather the concept was good. I found the rooms were cluttered though, and the bloody phone in the hallway outside would ring for ages early in the morning, until I pulled the wire out.

Mirrors everywhere in the room, a decent fun pool and great location. Kitten Club was a nice GGB back in the day.

Loved sitting on the bed and watching the TV of the GoGo, then getting ready and actually going downstairs , stepping through the curtain to the place!.

I also liked Planet Rock, such a spacious GGB with 2 floors, but like many venues, the second floor was seldom, if ever used. I think I saw it used once during a cobra gold event. Agree there were some cracking girls back in the day, and I  still have my Planet Rock cap and T shirt given to me by the owner. In it's hey day it was turning over some serious baht, in fact the entire group was. They used to share girls between GGB's as well, so at times the Rodeo Girls staff might be in Planet Rock depending upon customer demand.

• Thumbs Up 2

I like to vary where I stay and next trip staying up near Soi Buakhao. 

Never really hung out there much in the day time and then Covid struck.

Last month and previous trips this year went to Tree Town hated it and Beach Club - everyone should go once.

Any recommendations for day time bars with a bit of fun attached and good attitudes ??? ....

with no tattooed miserable moaning old expats grumbling about the price of Chang.

Love to hear from some of the Buakhao crowd on here.

Suggestions on a post please ..... 🙏

1 hour ago, Butch said:

The Penthouse was a good hotel, or rather the concept was good. I found the rooms were cluttered though, and the bloody phone in the hallway outside would ring for ages early in the morning, until I pulled the wire out.

Mirrors everywhere in the room, a decent fun pool and great location. Kitten Club was a nice GGB back in the day.

Loved sitting on the bed and watching the TV of the GoGo, then getting ready and actually going downstairs , stepping through the curtain to the place!.

I also liked Planet Rock, such a spacious GGB with 2 floors, but like many venues, the second floor was seldom, if ever used. I think I saw it used once during a cobra gold event. Agree there were some cracking girls back in the day, and I  still have my Planet Rock cap and T shirt given to me by the owner. In it's hey day it was turning over some serious baht, in fact the entire group was. They used to share girls between GGB's as well, so at times the Rodeo Girls staff might be in Planet Rock depending upon customer demand.

Yes the Penthouse had quite a few different style rooms but I used to like the seat in the shower room. They had everything a guy could need and I remember many times not seeing day light at all. Stayed in the room from early morning through to early evening. Had a busty Philippina as the bosses wife I believe, remember the hotel cards had her lying on a bed, she was a bit of a cracker although I think she is no longer with us if I remember rightly.

That area was my go to location as it had all you needed for a great night out. 

Remember

• Like 1

1 hour ago, boydeste said:

On the road behind Nirun running from soi Arunothai to soi Bongkot. 

Well that's a bit of an eye opener. All these years I've been limiting myself to a walk, or stagger, down beach road from soi 5 to the end of walking street with many favourite bars on the way. Even soi buakhao was just an occasional change of scenery. 

Mind you, holidays always seem so busy these days. Got to show some focus, can't spread yourself too thin.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Zambo said:

Well that's a bit of an eye opener. All these years I've been limiting myself to a walk, or stagger, down beach road from soi 5 to the end of walking street with many favourite bars on the way. Even soi buakhao was just an occasional change of scenery. 

Mind you, holidays always seem so busy these days. Got to show some focus, can't spread yourself too thin.

Many people spend years holidaying in Pattaya and never get anywhere near 3rd road, let alone explore across it.

• Like 2
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

3 hours ago, boydeste said:

Many people spend years holidaying in Pattaya and never get anywhere near 3rd road, let alone explore across it.

Guilty as charged....since 1981....

Although we did stay in a friends place on the darkside once.

Edited by coxyhog
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, boydeste said:

It's a b'stard to cross , my first time to Bliss took me ages to try and get across the road ... would only bother if I was going somewhere specific 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Stillearly said:

It's a b'stard to cross , my first time to Bliss took me ages to try and get across the road ... would only bother if I was going somewhere specific 

The thing is mate, there was all you could dream of without needing to venture out that far, so why would ya. Most don't know what's that far out anyways.

Like you say, crossing 3rd road ain't for the faint hearted either. LOL

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Stillearly said:

I lived in a condo in Soi Arunothai for about 12 years, i left there a little over 4 years ago.

But during that 12 years i done most of my drinking in Soi 8. There was countless times that i awoke in my bed the  morning after a good session and had no recollection at all of walking home the night before, which of course involved crossing both 2nd + 3rd roads.....

Being a Gentleman, if i had company i would always use a Bahtbus or Motorcycle taxi back home.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

19 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

Stopped in last night and while it looks nice I'm afraid I'll being giving it a miss due to the number of smokers. The bar is just too small to accommodate smokers and non-smokers.

Now i'm a smoker but will not smoke inside closed bars or even some open bars if i can't get down by the entrance, WTF don't smokers just go outside ? i quite enjoy people watching (the gals lol) whilst havin a fag. 

1 hour ago, KWA said:

What was Endless Lounge on Soi Buakhao will soon be:

endless 01.jpg

Geordie Bar 1 & 2 used to be in & next to Drinking street didn't it? I have good memories of GB2 and the very sexy lady boy bending over in a short skirt playing pool...God I wanted to ram it hard up her ass !!

I always thought that it was owned by the PT BM "Easy" that had a bar in Siren about 25 years ago but I never found out...

2 hours ago, Pumpuynarak said:

Now i'm a smoker but will not smoke inside closed bars or even some open bars if i can't get down by the entrance, WTF don't smokers just go outside ? i quite enjoy people watching (the gals lol) whilst havin a fag. 

In this case the owner is a smoker and so are his friends. Because of this they may be following a business model that caters to smokers and not concerned about the loss of business from non-smokers, or even smokers who don't care to be in an enclosed bar with inadequate ventilation.

It'll be interesting to see how well that business model works for them in the long term. The script on the door is "welcome" in Chinese and Japanese, two countries noted for their high percentage of male smokers. That may give them the customer base they need to succeed. Then again, how well do Chinese and Japanese get along in the close confines of a bar? Honest question as I don't know.

Edited by forcebwithu
  • Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

In this case the owner is a smoker and so are his friends. Because of this they may be following a business model that caters to smokers and not concerned about the loss of business from non-smokers, or even smokers who don't care to be in an enclosed bar with inadequate ventilation.

Did the Government retract the law banning smoking inside bars?

17 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Did the Government retract the law banning smoking inside bars?

LOL. Like most laws in Thailand they're treated as guidelines. It'd be far easier to list the bars that don't allow smoking than those that turn a blind eye to the law.

To bring this post back OT, I see on another forum a topic started by the owner of a new bar getting a refit on Soi 6. The name he's chosen is Hollywood. I'll swing by in a day or two to get a few pics, but from what he's written it sounds like he's aiming to be different from the other cookie cutter bars on the Soi. Sure hope the result comes close to his plans as it sounds like he's creating a bar I wouldn't mind giving my custom to.

Edited by forcebwithu
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

5 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Geordie Bar 1 & 2 used to be in & next to Drinking street didn't it? I have good memories of GB2 and the very sexy lady boy bending over in a short skirt playing pool...God I wanted to ram it hard up her ass !!

I always thought that it was owned by the PT BM "Easy" that had a bar in Siren about 25 years ago but I never found out...

Odd you mention this (the bar, not the LB) I always thought GB2 was on Soi2 around the top near Chaplins.

My memory must be shot because I recall the bar but not the location correctly!.

Stopped in at Babylon's grand opening, under new management, yesterday afternoon. New management is the same that owns Sweet Massage and Lounge on Soi Honey. Thought the 90B beer prices were a bit high, but in the future on Fridays and Saturdays they'll offer buckets of 3 beers for 210B. LD's are 150 and BF/ST room is 350.

• Great Info 2
  • Thumbs Up 1