Pattaya Go-go bars, beer bars & restaurants (News closures and Updates)

john luke

1 hour ago, johnpat said:

All that's clear to me is that I know a lot more about what goes on in gogos than you.   

Don't worry though you still have your memory of a gravel covered second road. 55555

I guess John has declared himself the resident expert on GoGo girls...The rest of us must just be dreaming of our first trip to Thailand....

Edited by fforest
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, fforest said:

I guess John has declared himself the resident expert on GoGo girls...The rest of us must just be dreaming of our first trip to Thailand....

I challenge anyone to go into a gogo today and not rely on your memory from days gone by.    Talk to a girl.  Don't worry they won't bite but you will be shocked at the lady drink prices if you haven't been a gogo for a while.   If they are chatty and not a newbie ask about their contract.   They may tell you.   Then tell us here.

You are looking for five numbers: 

1.  how much do they get for N days (e.g. 20,000 for 10 days)
  2. how many drinks must they sell
  3. how much do they get their salary cut for each missing drink
  4. how many bar fines
  5. how much do they get their salary cut for each barfine they didn't get.

very simple... and then use grade school math to compute how much of item 1 (the "salary") is paid by customers and how much is paid by the bar.

ok.. who is brave enough to actually enter a gogo?

2 hours ago, johnpat said:

All that's clear to me is that I know a lot more about what goes on in gogos than you

You also seem to think that you know more than a man who has been manager in some of Pattaya busiest gogos for 20 years.

He also still has personal contact with owners, managers and staff, who would be more likely to speak the truth to someone they like and respect than some random nobody. Now that takes some ego, even for you.!! 

• Great Info 2
  • Thumbs Up 4

Just now, biggles said:

You also seem to think that you know more than a man who has been manager in some of Pattaya busiest gogos for 20 years.

He also still has personal contact with owners, managers and staff, who would be more likely to speak the truth to someone they like and respect than some random nobody. Now that takes some ego, even for you.!! 

Well said and the poster has not given the respect that this former bar manager deserves.

To be in this industry for as long as he has and to not hear one bad work said against him speaks volumes of his ability and knowledge of the Pattaya bar industry.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 6

31 minutes ago, thegrogmonster said:

Well said and the poster has not given the respect that this former bar manager deserves.

Where is his resume listed?  We're all anonymous unless we choose to provide that information.   If he knows so much why not provide actual information as I have instead of veiled insults? 

Why must this be a secret among gogo managers and owners not shared with mere customers like myself?

1 hour ago, johnpat said:

I challenge anyone to go into a gogo today and not rely on your memory from days gone by.    Talk to a girl.  Don't worry they won't bite but you will be shocked at the lady drink prices if you haven't been a gogo for a while.   If they are chatty and not a newbie ask about their contract.   They may tell you.   Then tell us here.

You are looking for five numbers: 

1.  how much do they get for N days (e.g. 20,000 for 10 days)
  2. how many drinks must they sell
  3. how much do they get their salary cut for each missing drink
  4. how many bar fines
  5. how much do they get their salary cut for each barfine they didn't get.

very simple... and then use grade school math to compute how much of item 1 (the "salary") is paid by customers and how much is paid by the bar.

ok.. who is brave enough to actually enter a gogo?

Why should anybody care about that?

How much did you make last year? Answer please.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, johnpat said:

Where is his resume listed?  We're all anonymous unless we choose to provide that information.   If he knows so much why not provide actual information as I have instead of veiled insults? 

Why must this be a secret among gogo managers and owners not shared with mere customers like myself?

Larry has been very open in his posts about the places he's worked...

https://thailand-247.com/index.php?/search/&q=baby&quick=1&author=Yesitisdakid&search_and_or=or&sortby=relevancy

• Thumbs Up 2

58 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

Larry has been very open in his posts about the places he's worked...

I know Larry worked at Babydolls.      But we're discussing places like XS which operate differently.   I liked the old style gogos more but that doesn't matter.

If he knows so much why not provide actual information as I have instead

I said I wouldn't get into a pissing contest I shouldn't even reply but after reading this I couldn't help it. I'm very surprised that XS has allowed you into their accounting records to provide this actual information. Oh wait that's right a couple of girls had told you this.

Why must this be a secret among gogo managers and owners not shared with mere customers like myself?

But I am curious why you think this would be any of your business being a customer

Edited by Yesitisdakid
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Maybe getting this back on track I would be very surprised if this place gets open by the 15th of February. I would be surprised if it's open by the 1st of March based on the photos that painter has provided. This from the girls that claim to be the new owners of the Luxor bar in the complex from Facebook

Gallery_1707034816712.png

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Yesitisdakid said:

But I am curious why you think this would be any of your business being a customer

Good question.

The answer is simple.   Earlier someone marveled at the number of girls dancing at XS and wondered how they could afford to pay all those girls the huge salaries gogo girls are making at top clubs.

I knew the answer so I answered him.    That's the point of this forum -- to exchange information.

No one has contradicted me so far.   Did I do the equivalent of revealing the secret of a magic trick?   

It bothers me that bars use "sales target" not "salary" as justification for high barfines.    They say "we have to pay the dancers 2000 baht a day so you have to pay 2500 to bar fine them.'     If people knew that the bar pays the girls nothing would they be so happy to pay a 2500 baht barfine?

I guess the lesson is that sometimes it best to not look behind the curtain.    Instead lets just marvel that XS can afford to pay those hundreds of dancers we see working 2000 baht a day.   Wow!! that's incredible.  How can they do that?

Is that better?

6 hours ago, johnpat said:

All that's clear to me is that I know a lot more about what goes on in gogos than you.   

Don't worry though you still have your memory of a gravel covered second road. 55555

You're welcome. I can hook you up with a sick buffalo Vet, so don't hesitate to reach out.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, johnpat said:

bothers me that bars use "sales target" not "salary" as justification for high barfines.   

Then show them who's boss and stay out of those bars that will teach them no gun to anyone's head. Boycott all the Go-Go bars because you say you know how they work and you don't agree with it. If I'm not happy with something I take action and deal with it I think in this matter you should do the same thing.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Yesitisdakid said:

Then show them who's boss and stay out of those bars that will teach them no gun to anyone's head. Boycott all the Go-Go bars because you say you know how they work and you don't agree with it. If I'm not happy with something I take action and deal with it I think in this matter you should do the same thing.

Now you've done it and gone too far. Here we have a rare Pattaya GoGo subject matter expert who is able to get the truth out of bargirls and has a memory like Rainman.

Talent like that is as hard to come across as shares in a Pattaya bar.

Wait a minute.

• Haha 2
  • Surprised 1

15 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

It's all gone down the chute. 

Change is everywhere, as are dogs that think they own a soi.

Many will see their dreams of wealth and fashion quickly disappear as they scratch their heads wondering why. While unfortunately many of their "employees" will also pay a sacrifice for their marketing schemes.

Dog eat dog, and the dogs are surely eating each other. A few had the sense to get out at the right time, just by sniffing the air.

27 minutes ago, fforest said:

Drink Prices Indian club Walking Street

The price of a Heineken  is the exact price I pay for a

Big Burrito, a side order of re-fried beans and carrot cake

Delivered  to my condo.......I have ordered this dozens of times..

https://www.hotmeals2u.com/

image.png

I bet they are buying the Chang beers at around 40 baht.....330 would be a 800% mark-up....

And the Cokes would be over a 1000% mark-up....

Edited by fforest

5 hours ago, Blue Streak said:

Behind the steel wall is the old Pig and Whistle on Soi 7 getting converted

to a 20 room hotel.....+ a couple of snaps that used to be Rosie O'Grady's on Soi 7...

20240205_203437.jpg

20240205_203444.jpg

20240205_203449.jpg

My mate used to stay at the P&W, the rooms were actually quite spacious and it was a nice little venue in the day.

Those 2 bars, they're both Nick Dean / Nightwish enterprises are they not?. I don't see either making a profit from the 3 girls in the photo. They're hardly "well staffed" aren't they, especially with high season fast approaching.

Great pics @Blue Streak

• Thumbs Up 2

6 hours ago, fforest said:

Drink Prices Indian club Walking Street

The price of a Heineken  is the exact price I pay for a

Big Burrito, a side order of re-fried beans and carrot cake

Delivered  to my condo.......I have ordered this dozens of times..

https://www.hotmeals2u.com/

image.png

I've made a note of that website. I take it they deliver to Hotels as well?.

As for Nashaa, I think they have a double "menu" one for single guys, another for large pre booked groups, but in all truth I did read that of FB so how true it is is anyone's guess.

7 hours ago, Butch said:

I've made a note of that website. I take it they deliver to Hotels as well?.

As for Nashaa, I think they have a double "menu" one for single guys, another for large pre booked groups, but in all truth I did read that of FB so how true it is is anyone's guess.

Yes they deliver everywhere....Tigglebitties In my opinion has the best Mexican food in Pattaya....Not dirt cheap but also not too expensive......

I bet I have ordered the Big Burrito  50-60  times....I am as cheap as they come, so if even I am willing to pay 300 baht for a meal , it has to be very very good....

• Thanks 1
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1