Pattaya Go-go bars, beer bars & restaurants (News closures and Updates)

john luke

41 minutes ago, Blue Streak said:

High season finished, back to afternoon Happy Hour.....

20240309_113828.jpg

Unfortunately no happy hour price on my 60B SangSom Sodas. Guess the boss wants guys like me subsidizing the CC beer drinkers. :default_biggrin:

• Sad 2
  • Surprised 2

1 hour ago, forcebwithu said:

Unfortunately no happy hour price on my 60B SangSom Sodas. Guess the boss wants guys like me subsidizing the CC beer drinkers. :default_biggrin:

Do I see a market for a hip flask designed to look like a mobile phone?

• Haha 4

The green netting was lowered, for whatever reason, as I walked past Las Vegas this morning 

That "massive", "impressive" sign looks small and lost from The Nest, which is only just up the street

20240309_111458.jpg

The ?communal? Space down the middle of the shipping containers, er, luxury fitted out bars seems small, my guess is about 30feet, leaving not much space for bars to have seating and tables

20240309_111609.jpg

20240309_111647.jpg

Presumably this lack of internal space has been created by having to move the "wall" next to Areca in by 10feet or so to allow for the (originally unplanned for) fire escape. 

20240309_111815.jpg

I wonder how long until a bar creates a doorway through the wall, and puts seating under the overhanging roof? Plenty of space, and presumably a flat floor....

It appears to be small tin boxes within a larger tin box. Could be echo-ey...

Jmho, of course. Others may love it...

• Like 5
  • Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, Painter said:

The ?communal? Space down the middle of the shipping containers, er, luxury fitted out bars seems small, my guess is about 30feet, leaving not much space for bars to have seating and tables

Perfectly designed for "aggressive marketing techniques" for the front two sets of bars' mamasans such as happened in the Pook Bar complex... 

• Thumbs Up 2

On 3/1/2024 at 8:53 AM, halfaboy said:

Reopened already on Soi Wongamat....

I don't think the Wongamot location has anything to do with the original Grottino.

They have just announced they are reopening on Pattaya north, soi 4 in May.

image.jpeg

Photo from:

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=pfbid0jmhZGjjuY2tQQRRfYQXUdVBMzzZ1WKDhPC8HW6LmYNyjVd6F6WCZmzmveLU7fapNl&id=100057663150632

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

A new (in the last couple of months) beer bar at the Second Road end of Soi 15 (the one off Buakhao) - Melanie Bar. 

The sign says beer 100 Baht all night, but there is no mention of the type of beer. 

Given the location and pricing, I don't think the bar is going to last long! 

20240311_172117.jpg

• Like 2
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Surprised 1

1 hour ago, Bazle said:

A new (in the last couple of months) beer bar at the Second Road end of Soi 15 (the one off Buakhao) - Melanie Bar. 

The sign says beer 100 Baht all night, but there is no mention of the type of beer. 

Given the location and pricing, I don't think the bar is going to last long! 

20240311_172117.jpg

Signage only went up a couple of days ago... it's been there and open for a few months, but the only people I've ever seen in it were a few (like 3 or 4) of the younger ?Russian? crowd, doing karaoke...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

16 minutes ago, Painter said:

Signage only went up a couple of days ago... it's been there and open for a few months, but the only people I've ever seen in it were a few (like 3 or 4) of the younger ?Russian? crowd, doing karaoke...

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, fforest said:

What about Slutz....Did it ever sell after the massive price reductions?

You're back, i thought you'd took one vaccine too many, and OD'd! :default_biggrin:

Genuinely didn't know you were German, ya learn something new every day ...

A 62-year-old man from Germany has, against medical advice, been vaccinated 217 times against Covid, doctors report.

The bizarre case is documented in The Lancet Infectious Diseases journal.

The shots were bought and given privately within the space of 29 months.

The man appears to have suffered no ill effects, researchers from the University of Erlangen-Nuremberg say.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-68477735

• Haha 1
  • Surprised 1

3 hours ago, Krapow said:

You're back, i thought you'd took one vaccine too many, and OD'd! :default_biggrin:

Genuinely didn't know you were German, ya learn something new every day ...

A 62-year-old man from Germany has, against medical advice, been vaccinated 217 times against Covid, doctors report.

The bizarre case is documented in The Lancet Infectious Diseases journal.

The shots were bought and given privately within the space of 29 months.

The man appears to have suffered no ill effects, researchers from the University of Erlangen-Nuremberg say.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-68477735

Just went to America for a bit....

I think the food quality has gone downhill on Korean air......I think I will switch back to Japan airlines I have always had 1st class service in the economy class with them....

And never never fly Delta or American going to the USA the stewardess all should be in retirement homes and the service is just all around terrible....

Edited by fforest
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

well finally caught upwith a long time lady who worked in classrooms back in day shes in her late 30s still slim as hell one tattoo on her arm.works in living dolls had a chat a few drinks and catch up.then dropped bombshell living dolls haas been bought by a indian guy or company so last night 14th march.all staff are moving to sensations from the 15th march.so looks like another one gone to the indians no idea what they will turn it into though

• Thanks 2
  • Great Info 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

31 minutes ago, thunder367 said:

well finally caught upwith a long time lady who worked in classrooms back in day shes in her late 30s still slim as hell one tattoo on her arm.works in living dolls had a chat a few drinks and catch up.then dropped bombshell living dolls haas been bought by a indian guy or company so last night 14th march.all staff are moving to sensations from the 15th march.so looks like another one gone to the indians no idea what they will turn it into though

Best Indian Club in Walking Street ...

Indian fat women pussys

26 minutes ago, fforest said:

Its just a matter of time till Pin-up and the other GoGos go full Indian...Then they can rename Walking Street Deli street....

To me Thai-Indians seem to be in their highest proportion in Pattaya. I wonder how many of these new nightlife Indian businesses are owned by Indian ethnicity Thais and how many are new to Thailand. My guess is this is new money from India coming in.

Fforest i think you will know.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Zambo said:

To me Thai-Indians seem to be in their highest proportion in Pattaya. I wonder how many of these new nightlife Indian businesses are owned by Indian ethnicity Thais and how many are new to Thailand. My guess is this is new money from India coming in.

Fforest i think you will know.

The Indians that have been in Pattaya for a long time mostly just opened countless Indian restaurants or tailor shops....

So I would say most of the Indian clubs are backed by new Indian money....These clubs are far from cheap as far as drink prices go....So some Indian tourist seem to be not hurting for cash....

6 minutes ago, fforest said:

The Indians that have been in Pattaya for a long time mostly just opened countless Indian restaurants or tailor shops....

So I would say most of the Indian clubs are backed by new Indian money....These clubs are far from cheap as far as drink prices go....So some Indian tourist seem to be not hurting for cash....

Yes but what i mean is many of the ethnic Indians that have been in Pattaya for a long time are Thai (Thai passport, speak Thai, are Thai). But although starting a business for them is easy i expect these new businesses are foreign owned.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2