Pattaya Go-go bars, beer bars & restaurants (News closures and Updates)

john luke

3 hours ago, Mr. Smooth said:

While I would stop into Robins from time to time if I had a room in that vicinity of town, I actually preferred Harry Bar, almost right next door. Nice bar and attractive staff, food was reasonable, and since it was 24 hours, you could pop in at 2 or 3 am and might even find a couple FL'ers to discuss some late negotiations.

Thought about staying there as they have a lift as well, but was always a bit reluctant with the late night agogo racket echoing through the neighborhood and winding up getting a room facing toward LK. My preferred spot in that area is Sutus Court. Just far enough away from the bar noise to ensure a solid nights sleep...... with or without teelak.

Why is it that loud stereo base seems to carry so much further at night than day time?

I have stayed in Robins Next a few times and it was fairly quiet. That said, I never used to get back till 3 or 4 in the morning. Food was pretty good too. Shame if they are closed for good. They always treated me very well. 

• Like 2

According to some Bangkok and Pattaya twitter users I follow, there has been a noticeable drop off in the bars that had been busy over the past week. I don't know how much truth there is in that. 

Early week was pretty quiet but last two days have made up for that.
  • Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, dcfc2007 said:

But don't believe the sob stories, there will be a couple of spastics in the background sending 20k a month each, the girls aren't going to starve, save your empathy and charity for those that really need it. 

I am back in BKK for the last 2 - 3 days ... I went out night before last to have a look around lower SUK ... I never believe what is written anywhere concerning BKK ... Nana was practically dead .. a lot of gals on the street just standing around ... more than I have ever seen in the past ...

Had some beers at a food stall on the street corner on Suk 11 ...

Sob stories are a way of life for working gals .... they think most farang are stupid ...

• Like 3

Just now, code_slayer_bkk said:

I am back in BKK for the last 2 - 3 days ... I went out night before last to have a look around lower SUK ... I never believe what is written anywhere concerning BKK ... Nana was practically dead .. a lot of gals on the street just standing around ... more than I have ever seen in the past ...

Had some beers at a food stall on the street corner on Suk 11 ...

Sob stories are a way of life for working gals .... they think most farang are stupid ...

Manager of stumble Inn said that the hooters girls from across the street are now working in the gogo bars in nana plaza. How the mighty have fallen. No doubt some bar girls are struggling, but not as much as they would have you believe, just a sob story for someone to send more baht. I would rather give my money to the orphanage, or the fr ray foundation, people that really need it. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, dcfc2007 said:

Manager of stumble Inn said that the hooters girls from across the street are now working in the gogo bars in nana plaza. How the mighty have fallen. No doubt some bar girls are struggling, but not as much as they would have you believe, just a sob story for someone to send more baht. I would rather give my money to the orphanage, or the fr ray foundation, people that really need it. 

Yea .. me also ...

Sometimes I have a soft heart though .... I know many a gal here in BKK .. now and then I will "lend a hand" so to speak ....

For me ... I don't believe any working gal ever goes hungry .... 

I still know a handful that still share their rooms with another couple of gals .... But, I think it is more along the lines of not wanting to be alone .. versus not having money to pay rent ....

I am still surprised at times how much some of these gals spend on rent though ....

• Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

Yea .. me also ...

Sometimes I have a soft heart though .... I know many a gal here in BKK .. now and then I will "lend a hand" so to speak ....

For me ... I don't believe any working gal ever goes hungry .... 

I still know a handful that still share their rooms with another couple of gals .... But, I think it is more along the lines of not wanting to be alone .. versus not having money to pay rent ....

I am still surprised at times how much some of these gals spend on rent though ....

Yes, quite often the person they stay with is a cousin, or a friend from the village. Thais are very social, they don't like to 'stay alone'. I've seen where some of the girls on soi 4 stay, there's a laundrette next to bawarchi Indian, a lot of them stay in the rooms above it. 8k baht a month for a 20m2 room with no windows and shared toilet. Means they don't have to come on the BTS or motorbike. 

On 8/21/2020 at 12:22 AM, Skalliwag said:

When was that mate?

2005 was my first trip to Pattaya. My mate had booked rooms in some real dive of a hotel. When we got there and saw the place I refused to spend the night. We all went for a walk and discovered Lewinsky's. I stayed there 4 times before I switched over to Secrets hotel.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dcfc2007 said:

Yes, quite often the person they stay with is a cousin, or a friend from the village. Thais are very social, they don't like to 'stay alone'. I've seen where some of the girls on soi 4 stay, there's a laundrette next to bawarchi Indian, a lot of them stay in the rooms above it. 8k baht a month for a 20m2 room with no windows and shared toilet. Means they don't have to come on the BTS or motorbike. 

LOL ... I have stayed in more than a couple of rooms like that with some gals I know ... used to always make me shake my head over the "shared" toilet ...

Taking the BTS every night and a taxi home can add up to some baht at the end of the month .. that is for sure ...

• Thumbs Up 1

57 minutes ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

LOL ... I have stayed in more than a couple of rooms like that with some gals I know ... used to always make me shake my head over the "shared" toilet ...

Taking the BTS every night and a taxi home can add up to some baht at the end of the month .. that is for sure ...

Taking the BTS to you or I, is phenomenally cheap, but to many working class Bangkokians, it's unaffordable.

Still mind boggling that they haven't an integrated payment system for the BTS, MRT and the Buses. In fact, the MRT doesn't even have monthly pass that allows regular savings for daily users. 

Edited by dcfc2007

34 minutes ago, dcfc2007 said:

Taking the BTS to you or I, is phenomenally cheap, but to many working class Bangkokians, it's unaffordable.

Still mind boggling that they haven't an integrated payment system for the BTS, MRT and the Buses. In fact, the MRT doesn't even have monthly pass that allows regular savings for daily users. 

So true !

Plus, it seems over the years the BTS has more than doubled ( or maybe even tripled ) its prices ... I remember going from Ploen Chit to On Nut for 10 baht

I remember years ago I was able to get a monthly pass for the BTS  ( i'm pretty certain ) .. I am very rarely on the BTS anymore ... but, it surprises me ( as you say ) there is not an integrated payment system ...

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

So true !

Plus, it seems over the years the BTS has more than doubled ( or maybe even tripled ) its prices ... I remember going from Ploen Chit to On Nut for 10 baht

I remember years ago I was able to get a monthly pass for the BTS  ( i'm pretty certain ) .. I am very rarely on the BTS anymore ... but, it surprises me ( as you say ) there is not an integrated payment system ...

You can still buy monthly passes for the BTS. It's 1300b for 50 journeys, simply unaffordable for working class Thais. No such monthly pass available for the MRT. I only used Taxis at night as the traffic in Bangkok during the days is so unbareable, best to get a BTS/MRT and walk if need be. 

FonTok always used to say that those charities were way over subscribed and others were more deserving. Not sure how true that is today.
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, misteregg said:

FonTok always used to say that those charities were way over subscribed and others were more deserving. Not sure how true that is today.

I miss FonTok......He was a walking encyclopedia of Pattaya history.....He was irreplaceable really.....  He really loved Buffalo Bar......I loved it too.....It had that old Pattaya take care vibe in spades..Before it went downhill....

• Like 3

I miss FonTok......He was a walking encyclopedia of Pattaya history.....He was irreplaceable really.....  He really loved Buffalo Bar......I loved it too.....It had that old Pattaya take care vibe in spades..Before it went downhill....

Was talking to the old Mamasang of Buffalo and she remembered him well.
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, fforest said:

Thats an old blast from the past. 

Had that S&M place by it, The Castle?. 

• Thumbs Up 1

16 hours ago, dcfc2007 said:

I've visited and volunteered at both for years. In my experience, I haven't seen anybody from either organisation with huge amounts of unexplained wealth, or anybody who looks like they are creaming money off the top. 

In fact, Khun Toy from the Orphanage, who was Fr Ray's most trusted friend, has used almost every penny she's ever made to set up a new organisation for children and orphans on the outskirts of pattaya.

The Fr Ray Foundation has only gotten bigger, launching more projects including a kindergarten service for deprived children, on their website it says that 16% of donations go to admin costs, the rest directly to services, and I would believe that. 

There's many things people can say about the Catholic Church, they have made unforgivable mistakes in the past, but they know how to run good charities, and the world would be a darker place without them. 

K Toy is an amazing lady and her new venture deserves support.  I have a feeling her split from F R was due to differing views, certainly when FR was visited a while back they were very well off.  the US navy and army always tops them up to the brim too.  K Toy deserves any support available as does take care kids which caters to children who have been abused and runs on a shoe string

7 hours ago, tommy dee said:

K Toy is an amazing lady and her new venture deserves support.  I have a feeling her split from F R was due to differing views, certainly when FR was visited a while back they were very well off.  the US navy and army always tops them up to the brim too.  K Toy deserves any support available as does take care kids which caters to children who have been abused and runs on a shoe string

K Toy didn't exactly split from the Fr Ray Foundation. The orphanage was ran by the foundation and the local diocese until around 2009/10 and there was a split. It was very amicable and more of an administrative thing than anything else. K Toy and her heart always lay with the orphanage and the kids there, she's an incredible woman, her new organisation the HHN does incredible work.

A very generous person as well, she came to Ireland about 10 years ago with Fr Weera. I went down to the Mass in Dublin and several of us went out for dinner afterwards, when I next visited the orphanage she demanded to take me out with some of the nannies to dinner. We went out on one of those big floating restaurants, not my scene but a great night, a really incredible woman. 

• Like 3
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 3