Scooters, Secrets, Keys

tommy dee

21 hours ago, tommy dee said:

nevertheless he did invent it.. anyone around back then will confirm 🙂 he is a strange chap, his food reviews on fb as weird too  but for sure he is the king of the cheap charlies

Gabor started calling members of Pattaya Talk "lame dupes" and "lame losers"  back in 2005 (he had joined PT in 2002).  But he only coupled "lame dupe" with "overpayer" once in 2005 and that, ironically, was in a joking reference to himself. He used the phrase more in 2006, but sometimes in the form "overpayer lame dupe"  or "overpays lame dupe." Here's his first use of "lame dupe overpayer" about another BM.

Gablack2.JPG

The late Baz (aka Alfa-Zulu, Patna), who was also Hungarian, told me  "lame dupe" is a literal translation of the slang phrase béna balek.  The word béna  means "lame" in the sense of "crippled"  and balek can be translated as "sucker," "easy mark" or more rarely, "dupe."  Putting the words together conveys the meaning of a "pathetic sucker or dupe."  It also implies the person so called was fooled by a scam that's easy to see through, he said.

"Lame dupe overpayer" gathered steam in 2006 and other BMs began using it.  By 2007, it was widespread on the Pattaya punter boards.  However, Gabor wasn't the one who first used the acronym LDOP.  That dubious distinction goes to a Pattaya Talk BM from New Zealand who first used it in 2007.

"Know yourself, know your enemy.  A hundred battles, a 100 victories.

Sun Tze, The Art of War

Evil

Edited by Evil Penevil
  • Like 1
  • Great Info 3
  • Thumbs Up 2

4 hours ago, Evil Penevil said:

Gabor started calling members of Pattaya Talk "lame dupes" and "lame losers"  back in 2005 (he had joined PT in 2002).  But he only coupled "lame dupe" with "overpayer" once in 2005 and that, ironically, was in a joking reference to himself. He used the phrase more in 2006, but sometimes in the form "overpayer lame dupe"  or "overpays lame dupe." Here's his first use of "lame dupe overpayer" about another BM.

Gablack2.JPG

The late Baz (aka Alfa-Zulu, Patna), who was also Hungarian, told me  "lame dupe" is a literal translation of the slang phrase béna balek.  The word béna  means "lame" in the sense of "crippled"  and balek can be translated as "sucker," "easy mark" or more rarely, "dupe."  Putting the words together conveys the meaning of a "pathetic sucker or dupe."  It also implies the person so called was fooled by a scam that's easy to see through, he said.

"Lame dupe overpayer" gathered steam in 2006 and other BMs began using it.  By 2007, it was widespread on the Pattaya punter boards.  However, Gabor wasn't the one who first used the acronym LDOP.  That dubious distinction goes to a Pattaya Talk BM from New Zealand who first used it in 2007.

"Know yourself, know your enemy.  A hundred battles, a 100 victories.

Sun Tze, The Art of War

Evil

gabor saying is like stickman lowest low season ever

1 minute ago, thumper63 said:

I met Brownie one night at Sssss years ago but never did meet Jack Daniels. 

I have never seen anyone busted in a lie like Eddie busted JD over his supposed designing of the electrical system in that mega yacht.  Funniest thing I've ever seen on any forum.

agree & close to that was eddie invent or like gabor use here saying capt. savahoe

• Haha 3

One of the biggest shitfests ABOUT the Secrets' board took place on Pattaya Talk.  Anyone remember the cult of Secretology?  Larry was called Xenu, the dictator of the Galactic Federation who came to Earth 75 million years ago and anyone on the committee level was termed a "grandmaster" of the cult.

The Secretologist threads were examples of punter board discussion at its worst.  Irrational posts gave way to ridiculous accusations and name calling.  It was the punter boards as the Theatre of the Absurd.  It reached its lowest point when Gabor suggested the Admin of Secrets might put a hit on him, but a long-term member of Talk ripped Gabor to shreds with his reply:

Gablack5.JPG

CheshireTom was referring to the fact the Ambassaor City in Na Jomtien has 4,200 rooms, the 10th largest hotel in the world by room count. rolling-lol.gif

Thankfully, we don't see threads like this anymore.

Evil

Edited by Evil Penevil
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Evil Penevil said:

One of the biggest shitfests ABOUT the Secrets' board took place on Pattaya Talk.  Anyone remember the cult of Secretology?  Larry was called Xenu, the dictator of the Galactic Federation who came to Earth 75 million years ago and anyone on the committee level was termed a "grandmaster" of the cult.

The Secretologist threads were examples of punter board discussion at its worst.  Irrational posts gave way to ridiculous accusations and name calling.  It was the punter boards as the Theatre of the Absurd.  It reached its lowest point when Gabor suggested the Admin of Secrets might put a hit on him, but a long-term member of Talk ripped Gabor to shreds with his reply:

Gablack5.JPG

CheshireTom was referring to the fact the Ambassaor City in Na Jomtien has 4,200 rooms, the 10th largest hotel in the world by room count. rolling-lol.gif

Thankfully, we don't see threads like this anymore.

Evil

It's obvious from your post I've been doing this far too long.

2 minutes ago, alias said:

Pattaya forum-ing.  I was commenting that I was one of the people who "liked" that post (from 2012) you screenshotted. 

I thought that is what you meant, but wasn't sure.  A lot of us fall into that category.  I've often thought that had I devoted all the hours I've spent reading or posting to the Pattaya boards to studying the Thai language, I could have a Ph.D in Thai by now.

But the boards have generally been fun and informative.  In recent years,  I have cut back on the boards and forced myself to get more exercise than moving my fingers on a keyboard.

Evil

• Thumbs Up 2

8 minutes ago, Evil Penevil said:

But the boards have generally been fun and informative.  In recent years,  I have cut back on the boards and forced myself to get more exercise than moving my fingers on a keyboard.

Evil

Pity, as your food and restaurant reviews were excellent.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 11/11/2019 at 8:55 PM, alias said:

Pity, as your food and restaurant reviews were excellent.

I've always agreed with your posts Alias.

And.... I agree. I've always enjoyed Evil's reviews. Going to be looking back at some of them today searching for an evening dinning spot. Although Eatigo has captured my attention lately following three fantastic 50% off meals in Bangkok.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

20 hours ago, Glasseye said:

I've always agreed with your posts Alias.

And.... I agree. I've always enjoyed Evil's reviews. Going to be looking back at some of them today searching for an evening dinning spot. Although Eatigo has captured my attention lately following three fantastic 50% off meals in Bangkok.

be carefull burnt chips

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/11/2019 at 8:46 AM, Evil Penevil said:

I've often thought that had I devoted all the hours I've spent reading or posting to the Pattaya boards to studying the Thai language, I could have a Ph.D in Thai by now.

Shoot, before Shhh, I was on the old Misty's forum and rode that into the ground.  Also posted on the old "Big Mango" Bangkok blog.  Pretty sure I was on the Talk board early on then stopped posting (did it have another name before Talk?).  Talk about a misspent adulthood!

54 minutes ago, Skalliwag said:

Not here.Creepy little fucker.
Gave me douche chills sitting near him.

I certainly agree with the creepy part,  but sitting near him in the Rockhouse one night caused a different reaction in me.  Rompho Ray stopped me from doing something I would have come to regret.  Thanks Ray!

I have to wonder what an FBI profiler would make of posts about killing a nine-month-old infant girl. That to me is creepy to the max.

Evil

Edited by Evil Penevil