Scooters, Secrets, Keys

tommy dee

On 11/6/2019 at 1:02 PM, Yesitisdakid said:

No I'll tell you a little-known secret as to why. Gabor had a forum before Secrets was ever around I'm pretty sure it was called Pattaya Fun he contacted all of his members at that time I believe there were around 6,000 and told them they should also join the Secret's board. That was Benz reasoning behind giving him all the Rope to hang himself and to continue giving him more.

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk

Just to keep the record straight:  Gabor had an image hosting site at the time Secrets' board started up.  It was the image hosting site that could have had 6,000 members.  Gabor's forum, The Pattaya Fun, didn't get started until several years after Secrets' board was up and running.  That forum never had more than a few hundred members and failed quickly. I was actually surprised that it never got ny traction.

Another interesting fact is that several posters wrote on Secrets that Pattaya Talk would gain hundreds of members after Gabor was banned from Secrets and Pattaya Addicts.  Again according to  Martin, that never happened.  He said only a few posters "followed" Gabor to Talk, as most of Gabor's presumed "fans" were already members on Talk.

Evil  

22 minutes ago, Evil Penevil said:

Just to keep the record straight:  Gabor had an image hosting site at the time Secrets' board started up.  It was the image hosting site that could have had 6,000 members.  Gabor's forum, The Pattaya Fun, didn't get started until several years after Secrets' board was up and running.  That forum never had more than a few hundred members and failed quickly. I was actually surprised that it never got ny traction.

Another interesting fact is that several posters wrote on Secrets that Pattaya Talk would gain hundreds of members after Gabor was banned from Secrets and Pattaya Addicts.  Again according to  Martin, that never happened.  He said only a few posters "followed" Gabor to Talk, as most of Gabor's presumed "fans" were already members on Talk.

Evil  

sorry have to laugh that gabor has fans

23 minutes ago, BarryL said:

sorry have to laugh that gabor has fans

He HAD a considerable number as it happens.

Personally I always considered Gabor to be a one trick pony (L D O P) and I know he paid the girl with glasses at Secrets 1,500 baht (for sloppy seconds after me :default_biggrin:)   because I asked her but for a long period he had many supporters who seemed to hang on his every word.

1 hour ago, Jambo said:

He HAD a considerable number as it happens.

Personally I always considered Gabor to be a one trick pony (L D O P) and I know he paid the girl with glasses at Secrets 1,500 baht (for sloppy seconds after me :default_biggrin:)   because I asked her but for a long period he had many supporters who seemed to hang on his every word.

agree it was very odd. he just seams creepy.

• Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, BarryL said:

did not think so. and he is another who dish out but can not take back. is cry baby

Well he knows to use a capital letter at the start of a phrase....

Just saying.... Critizing somebody who has better language skills than you ? 

Anyway, back to Secrets drama and gossip !

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Thai Spice said:

Well, for a non native English speaker, his writing style and story telling was outstanding IMO.

Agree.... the reports he did on places to eat around town were good I reckon... concise...to the point ...with pictures.

Have run into him a couple of times when in town and the girls who he was with on the night were pretty good..... not a scrubber amongst them.

cheers

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

20 hours ago, Thai Spice said:

Well, for a non native English speaker, his writing style and story telling was outstanding IMO.

Most of the credit for his humorous phrases and twists of the English language should go to Google Translate or whatever other translation program he used.  "Machine" translations are notorious for producing odd and sometimes unitentionally hilarious results.  To keep this light-hearted, here are some examples of what happens when Thai text is run through Google:

222.jpg ..

Maybe Windmill for puppies?  Too kinky!!!   

.11695816_.jpg

Not a politically correct sign!

1620610_.jpg

Good advice, especially regarding cigarette buttocks.

Sometimes the writer isn't familiar enough with the target language to know he or she has made a mistake.  That's why you see "crap fried rice" on so many Thai menus.

My personal favorite has to be the following.  Really appetizing name for a cookbook.

Capturevvvv.JPG

Evil

Edited by Evil Penevil
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Evil Penevil said:

Seems he has a couple on this board.  default_smile.png

Evil

If he has... why would that be a problem??

If being a fan of his is because I liked some of his food reviews.... and whenever I ran into him he always took the time to say hello..... well then guilty.  He has done nothing to me and always been civil when we briefly chat if we ever run into each other out and about.

cheers

Edited by roobob
  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 3

2 hours ago, roobob said:

If he has... why would that be a problem??

If being a fan of his is because I liked some of his food reviews.... and whenever I ran into him he always took the time to say hello..... well then guilty.  He has done nothing to me and always been civil when we briefly chat if we ever run into each other out and about.

cheers

I don't think it is a problem.  I was simply responding to a post by another BM.

Let's just say we have radically different opinions about Gabor and the role he played on the punter boards.  Probably best to leave it at that.

Evil

• Thumbs Up 3

strange fellow with the red syrup.  remember him well from early shhh days.  LDOP and 2 wk millionaire.. he may or may not have coined the phrase but he certainly launched the both, and was, as we see now, often right as to the result of the 2 wk millionaires here.   his dad was a filmdirecotr back when his home country was under russian control i think.

32 minutes ago, Yesitisdakid said:

Eddie was a great guy he came in to see me at babydolls I had not seen him in probably three or four years we sat for a couple hours talked about the old times what a great talk we had absolutely a gem

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk

ed ever meet jd esq.?