Post a pic of your breakfast/lunch/dinner

Sangsom

2 hours ago, Yesitisdakid said:

Where else but in Thailand can you buy beautiful nice skin on chicken breast for 70 baht a kilo and right next to them our chicken feet that are 145 baht a kilo.

This chicken breast is battered in a tempura batter with quite a bit of spice deep fried lettuce tomato onion on a very soft roll and just a little mayonnaise. For 130 baht I was able to make two of these they're huge. 

IMG_20230902_133636.jpg

Food pricing can be strange. At Kroger in the US it's still not uncommon for chicken breasts to be on sale at $1/lb while chicken wings which as you know butchers used to just give away, go for $3.99/lb.

One of my friends here in Thailand likes to say that one of the food industries strokes of genius was to make buffalo wings a thing and then to double down on the brilliance by convincing consumers that there were really two wing pieces in one chicken wing.

2 hours ago, Yesitisdakid said:

Where else but in Thailand can you buy beautiful nice skin on chicken breast for 70 baht a kilo and right next to them our chicken feet that are 145 baht a kilo.

Probably from the same source, but only half a breast here as they're so frigging big.  Finally got the hang of the sage and onion stuffing balls, and the last of the potatoes getting used up before heading home for a few weeks.

chicken dinner 6.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Up 1

Had to do a quick in and out of Thailand and return route was via Mumbai. Had to order some food even though I wasn’t hungry, just pointed to something I’ve never had before. Some sort of chaat. Decent enough, no idea what I was paying when I bought it, turns out to be about 3 quid 😀

IMG_4956.jpeg

IMG_4953.jpeg

IMG_4951.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 3

14 minutes ago, lazarus said:

Dinner: Dumplings, kimchi, 1/2 avocado

20230903_185936.jpg

20230903_185922.jpg

Nice….hey Matt is the kimchi as good for your gut as they claim? Curious to make my own, but I can’t wait 15 minutes for my grub, much less 3 weeks! That milky thing too, kefir? Always mentioned together on YouTube 

Edited by Golfingboy
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Golfingboy said:

is the kimchi as good for your gut

"Kimchi is a fermented food, which makes it an excellent probiotic. The same lactobacilli bacteria found in yogurt and other fermented dairy products are also found in kimchi. Consuming the so-called “good bacteria” in kimchi can help you maintain a healthy digestion."

https://www.webmd.com/diet/health-benefits-kimchi#:~:text=Improve Digestive Health,you maintain a healthy digestion.

. . .

4 minutes ago, Golfingboy said:

Curious to make my own, but Incant wait 15 minutes for my grub, much less 3 weeks!

I buy it at Costco...

Screenshot 2023-09-03 192916.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, lazarus said:

"Kimchi is a fermented food, which makes it an excellent probiotic. The same lactobacilli bacteria found in yogurt and other fermented dairy products are also found in kimchi. Consuming the so-called “good bacteria” in kimchi can help you maintain a healthy digestion."

https://www.webmd.com/diet/health-benefits-kimchi#:~:text=Improve Digestive Health,you maintain a healthy digestion.

. . .

I buy it at Costco...

Awesome guess what I just renewed after 3.5 years? They sell more than $1.50 hotdog combos I guess 😂😂😂

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, lazarus said:

. . .

I buy it at Costco...

Yes, good stuff. I need to eat more of it.

Laz, you are for sure the diet king in here. 

Good quality yogurt is incredibly good for gut issues.....    Not much else can get your gut back in order as good yogurt. I have learned that Belgium yoggie is the best. I get the unsweetened. Put a little generic Stevia in it and I am good to go. 

7 hours ago, Golfingboy said:

Chana masala and naan for Mum & I, about 440 baht for 2 portions through UberEats. Usually I don’t go for veggie Indian options, but this is delicious…..my apologies to @galenkia vegan is the way to go……

JK I’m only on Zoloft…….not heroin. Carnivore for life baby! 

IMG_2464.jpeg

Oh my that looks lovely. 

Although I'm glad not to be sitting next to you the following day !  lol

• Haha 1