Obituary/RIP Recent Passings (Threads Merged)

Glasseye

22 minutes ago, galenkia said:

Actor James Caan has died aged 82.

RIP 

_125824630_gettyimages-116947471.jpg

Great actor! He was on a hot streak in the early 70's that any actor would envy with his roles in "Brian's Song" and "The Godfather". 

But what was amazing, to show how much Hollywood producers thought of him back in the 70's, he was also offered and turned down the lead in "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest", that would go to Jack Nicholson, the role of Popeye Doyle in "The French Connection" that went to Gene Hackman ( both won Oscar's in those movies), Han Solo in "Star Wars", that was played by Harrison Ford, the Captain Willard role in "Apocalypse Now", that went to Martin Sheen, and Ted Kramer in "Kramer vs Kramer", that Dustin Hoffman played and won an Oscar.

What might have been, eh?

• Like 3
  • Surprised 1

7 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

Godfather and Misery are the standouts for me 

God, it sounds morose but I loved the film Misery. Was telling my son about it the other day but he’s a tad too young to watch it. 
Great actor. RIP

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AJSP said:

God, it sounds morose but I loved the film Misery. Was telling my son about it the other day but he’s a tad too young to watch it. 
Great actor. RIP

One of the best adaptations of a Stephen King book .. in the top 3 with Shawshank and Green Mile imho 

• Like 4

For those who knew Martin Bower aka Mobi D'Ark. 

Former long time resident of Thailand, man about town and one time bar owner on the darkside.

I recieved a message that he passed away last week in England.

Martin was a friend and a support for me when I moved to Thailand.

RIP Martin

• Confused 1
  • Sad 3

Taurean Blaque, who was part of the cast of one of the great cop shows of all time, "Hill Street Blues", died at 82. I remember watching it every week I could in the 80's, and in it's first season, it had such low ratings that NBC threatened to cancel it. But it found an audience when summer repeats were shown and the word spread and would go on to air from 1981 through 1987.

Taurean Blacque had a lot of guest starring roles on several shows before making it big on "Hill Street Blues."

• Sad 5

31 minutes ago, Mr. Smooth said:

Taurean Blaque, who was part of the cast of one of the great cop shows of all time, "Hill Street Blues", died at 82. I remember watching it every week I could in the 80's, and in it's first season, it had such low ratings that NBC threatened to cancel it. But it found an audience when summer repeats were shown and the word spread and would go on to air from 1981 through 1987.

Taurean Blacque had a lot of guest starring roles on several shows before making it big on "Hill Street Blues."

Brilliant actor, and one of the best TV series ever made. Watched all 144 episodes during lockdown-absolute treat!! Testament to great art that it wasl still every bit as good with the passing of time.

R.I.P Taurean

Edited by Lemondropkid
  • Like 5

1950’s child star Tony Dow died today, after yesterday’s erroneous announcement of his death. He co-starred in the show Leave it to Beaver.  In 1983, when I was stationed in Okinawa, I ran into him on BC Street. Literally, ran into him as he was exiting a souvenir shop with his wife. We spoke for a moment, he was touring with Fonzie and the rest of the USO show.  He seemed like a nice guy.

https://variety.com/2022/tv/news/tony-dow-dead-wally-cleaver-leave-it-to-beaver-1235326146/

• Like 1