What are you drinking?

DumbDucker

When i lived in the UK pretty much all i drunk was real ale, i bloody love the stuff, but i must confess that i do agree with many of this things this chap says. It was not really a problem over 20 years ago, but since then, with all these Micro Brewers that spring up everywhere, the real ale scene has changed somewhat...

• Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, SteveBC said:

When i lived in the UK pretty much all i drunk was real ale, i bloody love the stuff, but i must confess that i do agree with many of this things this chap says. It was not really a problem over 20 years ago, but since then, with all these Micro Brewers that spring up everywhere, the real ale scene has changed somewhat...

Very funny and I'd agree with large parts of it from a UK perspective. 

However in Thailand I'd love the option!! Don't like any of the omnipresent Chang, Leo or Sing. There are of course some craft beers

Had this the other night and it was fantastic

image.png

Bloody annoying as this proves the Thais can brew decent beer, but the market is carved up by the legislation and the big players.

Went to Singha's bar Est.33 in Bangkok, they had several different draft ales, all way, way better than the piss they normally sell. So they can make a decent ale but just don't make the effort. Why bother when you've got an oligopoly?

Who was the comedian in the video BTW?

Edited by Lemondropkid
  • Thumbs Up 2

34 minutes ago, Lemondropkid said:

Triple Karmeliet a great beer would be worth 280 baht but not served warm. First time trying a new bar, won't be back.

IMG_20231207_172853.jpg

Noticed as I was paying that the fridge with the foreign beer was maintained at 11.8 degrees.

The fridge with the Thai beer was 1.9 degrees.

La Birra Hua Him, wonder how many days there business would last serving Thai beer at 11 degrees?