COVID 19 Related to THAILAND Posts

10 minutes ago, Painter said:

Not validated, but I've just spoken to the gf in her village about 2 hours north of Korat.

The fish market she uses has been closed, as one of the vendors is showing symptoms having just returned from that one near bkk.

I just asked my source in Korat and she came back with "At Saraburi.  The merchant went to buy shrimp in Samut Sakhon and took it to the big market".  Not sure if the same incident or another.

8 hours ago, lazarus said:

Time to shut it all down and nip it in the bud. If anyone can do this...

Hopefully the Thais can.

Well I for one hope they nip it in the bud without a full lockdown. 

Another lockdown here would finish off whatever is left of the economy, especially in the heart of Pattaya. 

• Like 1

"The government on Wednesday reported 46 new cases of novel coronavirus infection, 39 local infections and seven quarantined arrivals, raising the total to 5,762, while withholding details of infected migrant workers."

Note that details on migrants have been purposely omitted, probably because their numbers will run again in the 100s if not 1000s. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Esco said:

"The government on Wednesday reported 46 new cases of novel coronavirus infection, 39 local infections and seven quarantined arrivals, raising the total to 5,762, while withholding details of infected migrant workers."

Note that details on migrants have been purposely omitted, probably because their numbers will run again in the 100s if not 1000s. 

i think you are right but the translation and english is poor so as to infer what we think but actually it could read that the migrant worker count is within that count of 39.

1 minute ago, tommy dee said:

i think you are right but the translation and english is poor so as to infer what we think but actually it could read that the migrant worker count is within that count of 39.

This is from Bkk post not some automated translation mate. When they write "withholding details" that's what they mean.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, tommy dee said:

No way. 

Same shit as happened in SGP.  Ever been in one of those "laborcamps" ? 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.com/news/amp/world-asia-54082861

https://www.bbc.com/news/amp/world-asia-55314862

"Covid-19: Singapore migrant workers infections were three times higher"

"A rights group has said it is "unsurprised" after it was revealed almost half of Singapore's migrant workers have been infected with Covid-19 in the past nine months.

New data shows that 152,000 foreign workers - 47% - have been infected."

Now apply the same ratios to Thailand .....

26 minutes ago, tommy dee said:

Given the large amount of testing they're doing (by Thai standards, anyway) and the time lag in getting and announcing the results, I'd have expected daily migrant numbers of 500 or more until they finish the current testing programme. It wouldn't necessarily mean that things are getting worse, though, and maybe that's why they aren't publishing them, to avoid scaring the pants off the Thais.

More worrying, though, is that today's numbers of local transmission among Thais come from 18 provinces, a quarter of the total:

From the Pattaya News:

As of 11:30 AM, the confirmed cases are in: Bangkok 11, Chachoengsao 5, Nakhon Pathom 3, Kamphaeng Phet 2, Tak 2, Prachinburi 2, Ayutthaya 2, Samut Prakarn 2, Sara Buri 2, Phetchabun 1, Krabi 1, Khon Kaen 1, Nakhon Ratchasima 1, Nonthaburi 1, Phuket 1, Pathum Thani 1, and Suphan Buri 1.

5 minutes ago, Toy Boy said:

Given the large amount of testing they're doing (by Thai standards, anyway) and the time lag in getting and announcing the results, I'd have expected daily migrant numbers of 500 or more until they finish the current testing programme. It wouldn't necessarily mean that things are getting worse, though, and maybe that's why they aren't publishing them, to avoid scaring the pants off the Thais.

More worrying, though, is that today's numbers of local transmission among Thais come from 18 provinces, a quarter of the total:

From the Pattaya News:

As of 11:30 AM, the confirmed cases are in: Bangkok 11, Chachoengsao 5, Nakhon Pathom 3, Kamphaeng Phet 2, Tak 2, Prachinburi 2, Ayutthaya 2, Samut Prakarn 2, Sara Buri 2, Phetchabun 1, Krabi 1, Khon Kaen 1, Nakhon Ratchasima 1, Nonthaburi 1, Phuket 1, Pathum Thani 1, and Suphan Buri 1.

Chonburi's absence is like a beacon of hope for me spending New Year's Eve (mostly) around Soi Bukhou, L K Metro and Soi Boomerang.

A full blown Pattaya lock down starting in the next day or so will sadly have me returning "Up Country" on Boxing Day.

43 minutes ago, Toy Boy said:

From the Pattaya News:

i think the 24 hr count for burmese is around the 200 mark.  and 3 were taken away from our provinve, up on the 331 today, .

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, tommy dee said:

i think the 24 hr count for burmese is around the 200 mark.  and 3 were taken away from our provinve, up on the 331 today, .

I am amazed by your obstination to stick to dream figures ....

11 cases in BKK ......FFS, a city of 10  million people ....

It's here in Udon, again traced back to the fish market. 

Of course I can't help but compare the way the situation is handled here to how it was/is in UK. The Thais don't mess about, young smiler was only getting a couple of days school holiday over new year. In the last hour it's been announced all schools will now shutdown tomorrow and reopen 04/01/21.

Don't want to get into a "FFS they are massively overreacting" thing, there is no point. They are doing what they are doing and that is that.

• Like 2

Mrs said someone tested positive near our restaurant but not being reported.

The new variant in the Uk spreads as easily as the wind but is all either asymptomatic or so mild as to not be noticeable but endemic in London just now so Bangkok and Pattaya hold on .....

• Thumbs Up 1