COVID 19 Related to THAILAND Posts

14 minutes ago, nampla69 said:

Mrs said someone tested positive near our restaurant but not being reported.

The new variant in the Uk spreads as easily as the wind but is all either asymptomatic or so mild as to not be noticeable but endemic in London just now so Bangkok and Pattaya hold on .....

Indeed. Could even be the same strain. Three people in (A)SQ tested positive on the 2nd test 10 days in without symptoms. 

One has to wonder... how bad is that strain really? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thai Spice said:

I am amazed by your obstination to stick to dream figures ....

11 cases in BKK ......FFS, a city of 10  million people ....

The US started with 15 cases and now into millions. 

It is not unthinkable that the virus could rapidly spread in Bangkok if not kept under control. There is absolutely no doubt that the C19 virus is a rapid spreader and numbers can quadruple in a matter of hours. 

Hopefully, that will not happen, but based on many other World cities, it is highly possible that the number of cases could become thousands in a relatively short period of time. We simply don't know. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Esco said:

Positive cases in Pattaya too now. 

Someone at Naklua market who'd been to the market south of Bkk tested positive and another person in Jomtien. 

Brace yourself gents. 

Spoke with Pim earlier, she's stocking up in preparation of a lockdown as she's a lot of 🐕🐈🐕🐈🐕🐈 to kept fed.

Think I'd be doing the same if I was there right now, especially on the 🍾🍷🍺🥃

So it’s a variant – not a strain?

Yes. The term strain is only appropriate when referring to Sars-Cov-2, the virus causing the
Covid-19 disease – since it is a strain of the wider coronavirus family, including severe
acute respiratory syndrome (SARS) and the Middle East respiratory syndrome (MERS).

At a briefing organised by the UK’s Science Media Centre on Tuesday, Prof Tom Connor of
the School of Biosciences at Cardiff University explained: “There is one strain of
coronavirus. That is Sars-Cov-2. That is the single strain, and there are variants of that
strain.
These are variants.”

Prof Connor said the term strain is often misused. “The correct term to use is variant to
describe this particular variant of concern.”

What about mutation?

Mutation is the process by which a strain can take on new variants. The idea of a mutating
or “mutant” virus may sound frightening – but scientists have made clear it is normal and
expected.

Some of these mutations are “silent” and don’t have any function, but others have made
some significant changes to the biology of Sars-CoV-2.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/health/covid-strain-mutation-variant-england-b1777724.html

2 minutes ago, Murchie said:

Spoke with Pim earlier, she's stocking up in preparation of a lockdown as she's a lot of 🐕🐈🐕🐈🐕🐈 to kept fed.

Think I'd be doing the same if I was there right now, especially on the 🍾🍷🍺🥃

I'll be doing a booze run tomorrow too mate. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Nightcrawler said:

Hopefully, that will not happen, but based on many other World cities, it is highly possible that the number of cases could become thousands in a relatively short period of time. We simply don't know. 

We dont know simply because no mass testing is done...

Because the government doesn't want to see the truth.

29 minutes ago, Thai Spice said:

We dont know simply because no mass testing is done...

Because the government doesn't want to see the truth.

More likely, they don't have the capacity for massive testing.

Two weeks ago, before the current state of affairs kicked off they were testing at 0.08 tests per 1000 people per day.

Their best rate was back in May at 0.12 tests per 1000 people per day.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, fygjam said:

Two weeks ago, before the current state of affairs kicked off they were testing at 0.08 tests per 1000 people per day.

There's no "tea" money in it...

So why bother?

1 hour ago, fygjam said:

As a comparison

UK - 5.84 tests per 1000 people per day

USA - 3.66

OZ - 1.41

France - 4.83

Also of interest

UK - 13.5 tests per confirmed case

USA - 8.2

OZ - 1730.2

France - 14.6

Thailand - 329.8     The latest data from Thailand is 11 December.

Edited by fygjam

1 hour ago, nampla69 said:

With it .... co morbidity etc ....... same as flu, pneumonia etc average age of death in UK with Covid is still 82.4 and has not changed.

30 minutes ago, Bazle said:

So you think no-one has died OF Covid?

Old people die. It's nature.

Old people are more fragile than young people, take broken bones for example. If a old, fragile person catches anything he is in trouble. It's nature.

If live till 82 in decent shape, I'll consider myself lucky.

No point trying to extend life by a few years laying on a hospital bed, without memory and without realizing what's happening around you.

• Thumbs Up 1

48 minutes ago, Bazle said:

So you think no-one has died OF Covid?

One of my closest friends on the planet died of it this May aged 68. I quietly posted it here before. He was diabetic and Asian and a man I truly loved and knew for 27 years. So yes ..........but they put him on a ventilator far too soon now they know. 

Another woman I know died last week aged 58 after weeks on a ventilator also diabetic and with Covid. It is horrible but for most people very mild and I am an asthmatic so aware of my risk factors ...... 

• Like 1
  • Surprised 1

8 hours ago, nampla69 said:

The new variant in the Uk spreads as easily as the wind but is all either asymptomatic or so mild as to not be noticeable .....

37 minutes ago, nampla69 said:

One of my closest friends on the planet died of it this May aged 68. I quietly posted it here before. He was diabetic and Asian and a man I truly loved and knew for 27 years. So yes ..........but they put him on a ventilator far too soon now they know. 

Another woman I know died last week aged 58 after weeks on a ventilator also diabetic and with Covid. It is horrible but for most people very mild and I am an asthmatic so aware of my risk factors ...... 

So it's not all just asymptomatic or mild: people DIE of it, and plenty more develop "long" Covid, which is awful.

Thailand Omits Reporting New Virus Cases Among Migrant Workers

Thailand reported 46 new coronavirus cases on Wednesday, down 89% from Tuesday’s tally, as it omitted new infections among migrant workers who comprised the majority of cases in an outbreak reported earlier this week.

“We’re not going to report the number of cases found during proactive search operations among the migrant workers,” Taweesilp Witsanuyotin, Covid-19 center spokesman, said on Wednesday, while not disclosing a reason for the omission. “It stands at zero for now, as we have many reasons we must discuss further.”

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-12-23/thailand-omits-reporting-new-virus-cases-among-migrant-workers?srnd=premium-asia

Edited by Zeb
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Zeb said:

Thailand Omits Reporting New Virus Cases Among Migrant Workers

Thailand reported 46 new coronavirus cases on Wednesday, down 89% from Tuesday’s tally, as it omitted new infections among migrant workers who comprised the majority of cases in an outbreak reported earlier this week.

“We’re not going to report the number of cases found during proactive search operations among the migrant workers,” Taweesilp Witsanuyotin, Covid-19 center spokesman, said on Wednesday, while not disclosing a reason for the omission. “It stands at zero for now, as we have many reasons we must discuss further.”

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-12-23/thailand-omits-reporting-new-virus-cases-among-migrant-workers?srnd=premium-asia

What a bunch of clowns ....

And still some people will believe and defend them.

Thailand is doing a great job of not testing and not counting....

No lockdown for Christmas. 

Instead the government will apply rules per province based on a colour code ranging from Red to Green. 

Currently Chonburi is in green which means no infections, which contradicts an earlier message that there were 2 positive cases in the Pattaya area. 

Either that was BS or the reporting and color coding is. I'm leaning towards the latter. 

• Like 1
  • Great Info 1

1 hour ago, Esco said:

No lockdown for Christmas. 

Instead the government will apply rules per province based on a colour code ranging from Red to Green. 

Currently Chonburi is in green which means no infections, which contradicts an earlier message that there were 2 positive cases in the Pattaya area. 

Either that was BS or the reporting and color coding is. I'm leaning towards the latter. 

News article about the same.

CCSA categorizes all provinces into four zones for tightening Covid-19 control measures, confirms no National lockdown

The Center for Covid-19 Situation Administration (CCSA), chaired by Prime Minister Prayut Chan-O’Cha, has categorized Covid-19 control measures into four zones according to the severity of the epidemic, rejecting a national lockdown.

All provinces are divided into Red, Orange, Yellow, and Green color-coded systems into the following lists:

Red Zone – The area with many Covid-19 infected people in more than one certain area, currently is Samut Sakhon.

Orange Zone – The area where more than 10 people have been infected and the increasing number of infections is likely. The provinces are Samut Songkhram, Ratchaburi, Nakhon Pathom, Bangkok (west side only)

Yellow Zone – The area where not more than 10 people are infected and are likely to be able to control the situation. The provinces are Saraburi, Samut Prakan, Suphanburi, Nonthaburi, Pathum Thani, Uttaradit, Chachoengsao, Phetchaburi, Phetchabun, Ayutthaya, Phuket, Kamphaeng Phet.

Green Zone – The area is not yet infected and no confirmation of an infected patient.

Edited by forcebwithu

1 hour ago, Sea-Hawks said:

I picked up Covid - was tested on April 14th after having symptoms and was notified on April 15 that  I had it.

My company asked me to take two meetings here in the USA with Chinese business groups (not to say I got it from them for certain), but considering I live alone and was already working from home and never went out except for those two meetings...

I initially had a huge migraine headache that never went away, then the cold sweats came on. I was short of breath and had no taste or smell. My body ached all over  

When I notified my doctor of my symptoms, he had me go to the emergency room for immediate testing. Check-in, rooms were all isolated and I spoke with nurses and doctors via a tv monitor. Once they were ready to swab me/testing a full protected nurse came in with the stinging swab up my nose. The results/call came in the morning the next day, so very quick results.  After I was told of the positive results, I was told how to care for myself and precautions to take. I received another 2 calls from govt agencies to discuss my situation.  I received 3 calls each day asking of my current health situation.  On the 18th (3days after diagnosis/positive results), I received my morning call.  I was very ill and they decided to call an ambulance to my home.  I was taken to the hospital.  Although very ill, my initial feeling was a bit of panic as the section of the hospital I was rolled into was something out of a scary pandemic movie.  All medical staff were fully geared up and the rooms were barred off.  I was immediately put on a ventilator and stayed on the ventilator for the next 11 days. I was mostly exhausted and in a fog, but could hear occasionally when someone went into CA.  After 11 days, I began to feel much better and was released 4 days later.  

My employer had me on medical leave for 2 full months.  I am salaried + commissions and they paid my full salary and decided to pay me the commissions I made the prior year which was very unexpected.  I had to beg/plead with them to allow me to begin working from home again.  They have given me 1-2 small assignments per month which takes no more than about 2-3 hours work per month and I was told that I was not required/allowed to join any of my former group assignments...told to just take it easy.  Basically, I’m getting no actual work to do and getting paid full salary + matching commissions from last year. This has been going on now for the last six months and my boss keeps telling after my persistent requests for me to return to full work assignments that I should just relax and take it easy.  I am guessing my company of 20 years feels that I got the virus from those meetings I took in April and want me to just stay on the sidelines....for how long unsure. Last time I spoke with my boss, he said don’t expect to go back to full assignments until after July 5th next year at the earliest!!!

So, since I’m not really working, just staying home and doing a lot of home projects and gardening indoors & outdoors.  

What are my lasting health effects. Well, even after 6 months, I still seem to have lost a bit of taste and smell still and still have a very slight persistent cough. 

Post of distinction. Really well written must have been so scary at times.

Funny never heard the word Parosmia before this year now I know at least two women some long term affected by it and two women who have recovered. It's basically loss of smell or confusion in smelling. Women have far greater sense of smell anyway so ...... sounds for sure like those meetings in April triggered yours.

Keep recovering and one day at a time I guess. Best wishes, Namps.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sea-Hawks said:

I picked up Covid - was tested on April 14th after having symptoms and was notified on April 15 that  I had it.

My company asked me to take two meetings here in the USA with Chinese business groups (not to say I got it from them for certain), but considering I live alone and was already working from home and never went out except for those two meetings...

I initially had a huge migraine headache that never went away, then the cold sweats came on. I was short of breath and had no taste or smell. My body ached all over  

When I notified my doctor of my symptoms, he had me go to the emergency room for immediate testing. Check-in, rooms were all isolated and I spoke with nurses and doctors via a tv monitor. Once they were ready to swab me/testing a full protected nurse came in with the stinging swab up my nose. The results/call came in the morning the next day, so very quick results.  After I was told of the positive results, I was told how to care for myself and precautions to take. I received another 2 calls from govt agencies to discuss my situation.  I received 3 calls each day asking of my current health situation.  On the 18th (3days after diagnosis/positive results), I received my morning call.  I was very ill and they decided to call an ambulance to my home.  I was taken to the hospital.  Although very ill, my initial feeling was a bit of panic as the section of the hospital I was rolled into was something out of a scary pandemic movie.  All medical staff were fully geared up and the rooms were barred off.  I was immediately put on a ventilator and stayed on the ventilator for the next 11 days. I was mostly exhausted and in a fog, but could hear occasionally when someone went into CA.  After 11 days, I began to feel much better and was released 4 days later.  

My employer had me on medical leave for 2 full months.  I am salaried + commissions and they paid my full salary and decided to pay me the commissions I made the prior year which was very unexpected.  I had to beg/plead with them to allow me to begin working from home again.  They have given me 1-2 small assignments per month which takes no more than about 2-3 hours work per month and I was told that I was not required/allowed to join any of my former group assignments...told to just take it easy.  Basically, I’m getting no actual work to do and getting paid full salary + matching commissions from last year. This has been going on now for the last six months and my boss keeps telling after my persistent requests for me to return to full work assignments that I should just relax and take it easy.  I am guessing my company of 20 years feels that I got the virus from those meetings I took in April and want me to just stay on the sidelines....for how long unsure. Last time I spoke with my boss, he said don’t expect to go back to full assignments until after July 5th next year at the earliest!!!

So, since I’m not really working, just staying home and doing a lot of home projects and gardening indoors & outdoors.  

What are my lasting health effects. Well, even after 6 months, I still seem to have lost a bit of taste and smell still and still have a very slight persistent cough. 

Glad you made it through mate, that is scary shit for sure!

• Thanks 1