COVID 19 GLOBAL

grayray

36 minutes ago, dcfc2007 said:

I said *decent people*.

Middle class faggot lefties will be happy sitting at home being offended at everything.

So you're pushing an agenda not an argument.

No surprise.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 4

9 hours ago, Nightcrawler said:

We have the power of one vote every so many years. We are not due an election any time soon. Yes people can and are writing to their local MPs but not everyone wants the same thing. 

The problem is when people think they know better but they are not the ones held responsible if things go pair shaped. 

It is a circular argument. But if enough people wanted to end lock down Now then they would take to the streets.. They have done so for far less important matters than this. 

Maybe that will happen and maybe not.  I don't consider myself a sheep and do stuff just because I am told to. I make a choice just as some here feel they should have a choice.  If anyone thinks I am happy to be stuck at home for weeks they are very wrong. I hate it but I also hate what the alternative might be. 

My concern is that if we go too quickly into easing that it could spike the pandemic into a second wave.  Then the government/s will resort back to lockdown. Then there will be a greater delay for everyone to get back to near normality and prolong the agony. 

It is a pity that I can't show the photo I have today as I am on my phone but it showed a queue for an underground train with distancing. Then once on the train people are bunched up like sardines. It was crazy. That is sheep mentality my friend. 

It just takes some thought and creativity to extend working hours and flexibility to avoid rush hour peaks. And to allow more free parking for those who can drive to work and encourage walking on shorter journeys.  For people who work locally to their homes not such a problem 

It's all very well asking people to act responsibly but not everyone will and they are the ones to worry about. 

Not true... we have the power of everyday.... not just election day..... but as said before...people do not realise it and follow along like sheep.

If people got together.... got onto their elected representatives and continually asked for explanations of what is going on...they will react as after all...are they not there to be representatives of the people who voted them there. They will just plod along and do nothing until about 6 months out from an election as they want to be re elected..... but if people continually called them out then I am sure we would see more action from them.

You have hit the nail on the head when you say....if.  That's the problem..... a lot of these decisions are based on the  "if" factor...… not based on actual facts.

Govts have brought out a policy of one solution fits all which is wrong. Why should regional areas be subject to the same restrictions as urban areas.... two completely different lifestyles.

People do not think they know better.... all they ask is that all the facts are given to them and stop being treated as ignorant morons. As to the ones who make these decisions … have they not come from the very same people who elected them there???

As for asking people to act responsible... then that should start at the top.....and up to date...they haven't. 

22 minutes ago, roobob said:

Ahhh…. there is that "if" factor again.

cheers

No "if" at all!

I worked for over 50 years before my retirement. During that time I experienced economic downturns, stock market crashes and layoffs. The economy always returned.

There is only one documented occasion of a corpse returning to life. In that example

• it happened a long time ago.
  • those telling the story were mates of the departed.
  • the case notes a sketchy to say the least.
  • they weren't made by medical practitioners.

Economic recoveries have it in spades over resurrections!

During my working career I eventually managed to save a little for my retirement and while it has taken a beating in the last few months I intend to be around to spend every last fuking cent.

4 minutes ago, fygjam said:

No "if" at all!

I worked for over 50 years before my retirement. During that time I experienced economic downturns, stock market crashes and layoffs. The economy always returned.

There is only one documented occasion of a corpse returning to life. In that example

• it happened a long time ago.
  • those telling the story were mates of the departed.
  • the case notes a sketchy to say the least.
  • they weren't made by medical practitioners.

Economic recoveries have it in spades over resurrections!

During my working career I eventually managed to save a little for my retirement and while it has taken a beating in the last few months I intend to be around to spend every last fuking cent.

I am sure you are not alone on what you have done.... many have ...including myself..... but my comment that you quoted I will stand by.

To repeat it..... "As said.... no one denies there is a pandemic,..... but the reaction to this one is the biggest overkill in the history of the world."

The main reason the economies of the world took the latest hit it has...some say the worst since the Great Depression..... is because of the inept handling and fear mongering instituted by the Govts world wide in the handling of this pandemic.

As said … the biggest overkill in the history of the world …… and now many of the general populace can see it and are now starting to ask the hard questions of …..why??  

cheers

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

https://thepattayanews.com/2020/05/14/thai-government-gives-more-details-on-upcoming-contact-tracing-phone-application/

No No No No No

At a daily press conference in Bangkok this morning at the Center for Covid-19 Situation Administration, or CCSA, the spokesman of the CCSA, Dr. Taweesin Visanuyothin, brought a guest speaker to the conference, Dr. Polawat Vitoonkolchit, the Inspector General of the Ministry of Digital Economy and Society,  who spoke about an upcoming contact tracing phone application that is currently in development.

The application will be called, in English, Thai Victory, or Thai “Cha Na”.  The application will be free to download and will be voluntary, according to Dr. Polawat.

However, businesses will be “encouraged” to utilize the application and set up measures to ensure that it is highly visible and to encourage customers to use the application as well.

Each participating business will need to set up a QR code at the front of their establishment, according to Dr. Polawat, that all patrons can scan as they enter, which helps track them for possible tracing purposes if the Covid-19 virus is detected. Dr. Polawat, as well as Dr. Taweesin, dismissed concerns of the government using it for other tracking purposes or violating privacy and said the application is strictly for tracing and tracking the Covid-19 virus.

Customers will be responsible for scanning the QR Code themselves when entering a business, which will allow them to check in and check out of the venue.

A customer can also provide ratings of the venue around their thoughts on the hygiene of the venue, as well as report violations of physical distancing or if they felt the venue was too crowded or not using proper hygiene measures, like masks, hand sanitizer, bathroom cleaning, etc.

Dr. Polawat said that if a case is detected of Covid-19 at a venue, all users who checked in will get a text message alert and will be invited to receive a Covid-19 Coronavirus test for free at a nearby medical facility. He again assured the application would be used for no other purpose then to track the Covid-19 Coronavirus.

He also stated that the information given in the application would only be utilized at the Department of Disease Control and not at any other government agency.

The application is still in development but will be coming “soon” he stated and is on track to be completed before the highest risk venues for possible spread of Covid-19, such as nightlife, bars, concerts or sports events, re-open in future phases.

The Pattaya News will give more information on this application as it is released by the Thai Government.

7 hours ago, dcfc2007 said:

I said *decent people*.

Middle class faggot lefties will be happy sitting at home being offended at everything.

You've just offended a few members and mod on here😆😆

• Like 1

So here they tried to make domestic travel complicated by requesting medical certificate, authorisation from city hall, employer etc....

Result (from Indo forum)

"So basically, mudik ban is at this point non-existent. They only added a few layers of bureaucracy, and all it managed to do is make travelling even more miserable. Not to mention more crowded and rife for disease transmission."

Domestic terminal Jakarta :

ylih6gc7dr6ipmgwdxbx.jpg

EX8ejcOUMAA2Jj7.jpg

Edited by Thai Spice
  • Like 2
  • Great Info 1

5 hours ago, roobob said:

I am sure you are not alone on what you have done.... many have ...including myself..... but my comment that you quoted I will stand by.

To repeat it..... "As said.... no one denies there is a pandemic,..... but the reaction to this one is the biggest overkill in the history of the world."

The main reason the economies of the world took the latest hit it has...some say the worst since the Great Depression..... is because of the inept handling and fear mongering instituted by the Govts world wide in the handling of this pandemic.

As said … the biggest overkill in the history of the world …… and now many of the general populace can see it and are now starting to ask the hard questions of …..why??  

cheers

It would appear that way, but that's what they want it to look like, worse case scenario for them.

Reading today's news, the inevitable massive tax, fuel and VAT hikes coming, now the pension changes that will see increases in pension age, frozen pension rate etc. The basic UK State pension is a pittance at £124 a week, that ensures you a life of utter poverty and misery until you die.

And another headline, the NHS will take months to restart!! Restart, the nurses have got NOTHING to do. 75% of cancer and vital treatments, ops cancelled. I don't need to tell anyone what the outcome of this shall be.

I'd say their plan is nicely on track, to reign in the population, make them more obedient and massively increase the cost of living.

When all this has been paid back you won't see any reductions in the new cutbacks and taxes. This is a WIN WIN for them. 

Edited by farangme
  • Like 4

15 minutes ago, farangme said:

It would appear that way, but that's what they want it to look like, worse case scenario for them.

Reading today's news, the inevitable massive tax, fuel and VAT hikes coming, now the pension changes that will see increases in pension age, frozen pension rate etc. The basic UK State pension is a pittance at £124 a week, that ensures you a life of utter poverty and misery until you die.

And another headline, the NHS will take months to restart!! Restart, the nurses have got NOTHING to do. 75% of cancer and vital treatments, ops cancelled. I don't need to tell anyone what the outcome of this shall be.

I'd say their plan is nicely on track, to reign in the population, make them more obedient and massively increase the cost of living.

When all this has been paid back you won't see any reductions in the new cutbacks and taxes. This is a WIN WIN for them. 

Where did you get £124 from?

I get the basic state pension of around £175pw.

31 minutes ago, fforest said:

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1260784481159442434.html

Bloody hell everyone needs to read this......Whats going on in HongKong horseshit....

I’ve landed in Hong Kong after flying from Paris CDG, via London Heathrow. I now have to wait ~8 hours before I get my #COVID19 test results and thus have ample time to tweet about my experience.

Perhaps you should have read the last paragraph then you might understand although I doubt it.

Here ppl work collectively to get local transmission to ZERO

Oh no, the people are working to get the transmission rate down.

I suppose it makes a change from other people continually bleating about the restriction being imposed on them for the benefit of ALL.

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

43 minutes ago, fforest said:

Bloody hell everyone needs to read this......Whats going on in HongKong horseshit....

I’ve landed in Hong Kong after flying from Paris CDG, via London Heathrow. I now have to wait ~8 hours before I get my #COVID19 test results and thus have ample time to tweet about my experience.

Yes, I read a few things about the test on arrival, and it seem to be absolutely miserable.

Being herded to the nearby exhibition center for the tests, etc...

May have changed as they were speaking yesterdah about re opening the landborder with China.

1 hour ago, Thai Spice said:

So here they tried to make domestic travel complicated by requesting medical certificate, authorisation from city hall, employer etc....

Result (from Indo forum)

"So basically, mudik ban is at this point non-existent. They only added a few layers of bureaucracy, and all it managed to do is make travelling even more miserable. Not to mention more crowded and rife for disease transmission."

Domestic terminal Jakarta :

ylih6gc7dr6ipmgwdxbx.jpg

EX8ejcOUMAA2Jj7.jpg

friggin disaster

2 hours ago, coxyhog said:

Where did you get £124 from?

I get the basic state pension of around £175pw.

That's if you have 35 qualifying years of paid national insurance. You have the max the basic is £124.

Edit, now £129 this year, probably because of covid 19.

Edited by farangme
  • Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, fforest said:

Well the UK is just talking  about bringing in restrictions on incoming travellers- details to be agreed.

Most peoples reaction was about bloody time- why has it taken them so long. If the above is what HK want to do  than that's their business. They've done a way better job than the UK at keeping the infection rate down

Edited by Lemondropkid
  • Thumbs Up 2

4 minutes ago, Lemondropkid said:

Well the UK is just talking  about bringing in restrictions on incoming travellers- details to be agreed.

Most peoples reaction was about bloody time- why has it taken them so long. If the above is what HK want to do  than that's their business. They've done a way better job than the UK at keeping the infection rate down

The UK have bought these restrictions in 7 weeks too late!!!! And the fact that we left our borders (at least at Heathrow anyway) completely open to anyone that wanted to come here, has now come back to bite us on the ass with having to do a 14 day quarantine on arrival!! We should have had complete shutdown of airports and only allowed Brit tourists and Ex-pats to return home,like every other country in the world!!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 5

1 hour ago, Stillearly said:

Britain's First ( aka RWN ) apparently organising Lockdown protests this weekend ...  555 

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/may/14/police-vow-to-break-up-planned-anti-lockdown-protests-in-uk-cities

Are they anything like the flag waving, bible thumping bunco artists, like we have here in the USA? Watching a bunch of fools w/o their masks' gives me hope that they take each other out by passing the virus on to each other. Unfortunately, they might pass it along to someone who doesn't agree with their view.

• Like 6