COVID 19 GLOBAL

grayray

1 hour ago, Washedup said:

Which state is worst hit ? 

Cases and deaths by state and county

This table is sorted by places with the most cases per 100,000 residents in the last seven days. Charts are colored to reveal when outbreaks emerged.

Capture.JPG

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/us/coronavirus-us-cases.html#states

Capture.JPG

Edited by lazarus
  • Great Info 1

5 hours ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

No one .... at least that is what Beach gal tells me .. and she is "dialed" in ....

Yeah...the local women down in the South know just about everything going on. I remember that from when I lived on Koh Lanta my GF at the time worked with the local Muslim women. They were a tight bunch. The local gossip was rife with stories of jealously and revenge. I'm still in touch with a good friend in Trang. 

Interesting that the northern Malaysian states have not dealt much with Covid as well (see table)...
Maybe there is something in the local genetics that adds to immunity? Hard to know as there are still so many questions and lack of long term (real) data.

I'm with you on the vaccines. Hard to believe they got there so quickly. 

Enjoy your family in the pleasant South...stay well.

Table source: https://github.com/CSSEGISandData/COVID-19

Capture MY.JPG

6 hours ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

No one .... at least that is what Beach gal tells me .. and she is "dialed" in ....

Yeah...the local women down in the South know just about everything going on. I remember that from when I lived on Koh Lanta my GF at the time worked with the local Muslim women. They were a tight bunch. The local gossip was rife with stories of jealously and revenge. I'm still in touch with a good friend in Trang. 

Interesting that the northern Malaysian states have not dealt much with Covid as well (see table)...
Maybe there is something in the local genetics that adds to immunity? Hard to know as there are still so many questions and lack of long term (real) data.

Capture MY.JPG

Edited by lazarus

5 hours ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

Same here in the villages.

Even in South Bali, the most populated area I never heard about a dramatic increase in deaths.

Was at the French cantine yesterday, as usual shake hands, sit together, etc... None of us knows about anybody that died of Covid.

Of course, there must be some, but in small communities like here the chances are very slim.

Concerning the mask thing, the way governments enforce it is a joke.

So you're driving a motorcycle, need a mask. FFS, what are the chances a virus flows in your mouth or nose when driving on the road ?

Driving your car, mask mandatory....even if you're alone  .🤔🤔🤔

You walk on the street, or along the beach (with a breeze) mask mandatory...Maybe those nasty viruses are carried by the seabreeze ?

But the best is that then you arrive at the restaurant, pub or at home, where you will be sitting and chatting with other people (no importance if its 2 or 3 or 4 at a table) and then your mask off and start having long chats each barely 1 m from one another ...😁😁😁😁😁😁

In my resort there is now a group off maybe 20 people on holiday. Always masks on when outside the resort, then come back, sit all together, eat chat and sing....  

A fucking joke it is !

Now, masks in public transportation, crowded places, hospitals and so, yes that make sense.  But on the street, driving on the road, walking along the beach ? ....Give me a break!

• Thumbs Up 4

2 hours ago, lazarus said:

Capture MY.JPG

Yea .. I think all of the women down here gossip like crazy ... the "thai" drums beat loudly ....

Plus, Beach Gal grew up down here so if she "likes it or not" she hears all types of shit .. lol ... I just tell her keep me out of it ... which she does ....

I think the vaccine makers have been dealing with some variant of covid for years ... that is why they were able to create or modify a vaccine so fast ....

I think the Moderna vaccine has the most promise because you don't need a special freezer that keeps the vaccine at 70 degrees below zero like Pfizers vaccine ... I read that these type of freezers are especially hard to get ..... anyway . I wish everyone a healthy life ...

You to Bro ... have a very nice Christmas and New Years with your family .. all the best!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Thai Spice said:

So you're driving a motorcycle, need a mask.

Driving your car, mask mandatory....

You walk on the street, or along the beach (with a breeze) mask mandatory

Not where I come from. I might add that I live in California. Why don't you canvass the streets of Bali or whatever jungle you're isolating in. 

Vive la revolution!!

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

Yea .. I think all of the women down here gossip like crazy ... the "thai" drums beat loudly ....

Plus, Beach Gal grew up down here so if she "likes it or not" she hears all types of shit .. lol ... I just tell her keep me out of it ... which she does ....

I think the vaccine makers have been dealing with some variant of covid for years ... that is why they were able to create or modify a vaccine so fast ....

I think the Moderna vaccine has the most promise because you don't need a special freezer that keeps the vaccine at 70 degrees below zero like Pfizers vaccine ... I read that these type of freezers are especially hard to get ..... anyway . I wish everyone a healthy life ...

You to Bro ... have a very nice Christmas and New Years with your family .. all the best!

Here's a good article on what they're using to ship the Pfizer vaccine. 

These containers used to ship fresh tuna. Now they'll deliver Covid-19 vaccines

For those of us in Thailand it's turned out to be one of the best places to ride out the pandemic. That could change very quickly if a couple of super spreaders get loose among the population.

8 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

For those of us in Thailand it's turned out to be one of the best places to ride out the pandemic. That could change very quickly if a couple of super spreaders get loose among the population.

COOL !

10 hours ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

^^^^^^  Hardly a soul wears a mask down in the South where I live .... no social distancing .. nothing ..

I don't even think the economy has taken a "hit" ... business is not driven by the bar scene down this way ...

Life goes on ....

Same up here in my area of Issan. When around the homes.... no masks.... only worn when going to the major shopping centres/banks/Govt Departments..etc.

No reports of any covid cases..... and as you say... the Thais are "dialed in" and it would be quickly known if there were.

Yep.... life goes on.

cheers 

• Thumbs Up 2

48 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

Yea Bro ... I think you are right .. something inside of me also believes it is the hot sunny weather also .. I have no proof of this though .....

LOL .. I am a beach type of guy so I always believe the sun and the sea will cure you of all of your ills .. lol ..lol

Edited by code_slayer_bkk

57 minutes ago, roobob said:

Same up here in my area of Issan. When around the homes.... no masks.... only worn when going to the major shopping centres/banks/Govt Departments..etc.

Thailand has done well, but the very low levels of testing is a caveat as is the commitment to open public disclose of 'situations'.

1 hour ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

I am back in BKK for a couple of days .. this morning at the swimming pool .. no masks, no social distancing .. nothing  ....

No masks, no social distancing ........ and no risk. Not the same as for Europe and the US. 

• Thumbs Up 2

4 hours ago, Zeb said:

Thailand has done well, but the very low levels of testing is a caveat as is the commitment to open public disclose of 'situations'.

Good point..... but knowing the Thais love for social media.....I am sure if that there were indeed cases abound throughout Thailand...it would be publicly known by now.

cheers

Edited by roobob

1 hour ago, Smiler said:

Yeah I agree. This thread is interesting though:

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1196886-facebook-post-by-medical-staffer-ruffles-police-feathers/

Awhile back I had a TH friend -- a former GF -- who worked foot massage in Malaysia for a few years. I used to go out with her in Bangkok when she was home visiting. To get back into the Malaysia she told me it was as simple as arriving at the border on the train or a bus and hiring a motosi taxi to cross on many of the back roads. No visa, no problem.

She lives in Sweden now...

Edited by lazarus

Apparently baguettes don't offer protection against the coronavirus either. Macron tests positive.

And now for something completely different.

The documents supporting Moderna's bid for an EUA (USA) for their mRNA vaccine are available.

https://www.fda.gov/advisory-committees/advisory-committee-calendar/vaccines-and-related-biological-products-advisory-committee-december-17-2020-meeting-announcement#event-materials

As previously announced, Moderna is claiming a 94.1% efficacy against disease. i.e. the thing that can make you dead.

The Moderna vaccine is administered in a 2 dose regime, prime and boost, delivered 28 days apart. Prior to the second dose being administered participants provided a nasopharyngeal swab which was tested for the SARS-CoV-2 virus.

14 in the vaccinated arm of the trial returned positive swabs (against 38 in the placebo arm). The vaccine does not provide sterilizing immunity, you can still be infected.

As to whether a vaccinated person is infectious (can spread the infection) has not been determined.

10 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

At least now we'll know why if we smell a little fishy after having the jabs....

2 hours ago, lazarus said:

Awhile back I had a TH friend -- a former GF -- who worked foot massage in Malaysia for a few years. I used to go out with her in Bangkok when she was home visiting. To get back into the Malaysia she told me it was as simple as arriving at the border on the train or a bus and hiring a motosi taxi to cross on many of the back roads. No visa, no problem.

She lives in Sweden now...

I have done that before as well with Beach gal a couple handful of times ... I still do it going into Burma every other month or so ....

Edited by code_slayer_bkk

2 hours ago, Washedup said:

Sir Ian mckellen (Gandalf) euphoric to receive Covid-19 vaccine..

So, tell me, after that old grandmother received the first jab some time ago, with a lot of P.R. and fanfare, how many 100.000's of Brits have been vaccinated ?

Because we are flooded with daily counts of infected and deaths, but nowhere can I see a tally of the number of people vaccinated since the start of that glorious "massive" jab campaign ?

7 minutes ago, Thai Spice said:

So, tell me, after that old grandmother received the first jab some time ago, with a lot of P.R. and fanfare, how many 100.000's of Brits have been vaccinated ?

Because we are flooded with daily counts of infected and deaths, but nowhere can I see a tally of the number of people vaccinated since the start of that glorious "massive" jab campaign ?

Google is your friend....if you have the sense to use it.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-55332242

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, Thai Spice said:

About 138,000 in the first week. It will take time to roll out on a larger scale and more vaccine kits are shipped to UK and more centres set up. The vaccine has only just been approved for Christ's sake. I get the impression that you are against any measures to combat the Covid Virus whether it be protection measures or vaccines. 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1