COVID 19 GLOBAL

grayray

10 minutes ago, coxyhog said:

https://www.aol.co.uk/football-fans-mock-anti-vaxxers-at-london-stadium-135535384.html

Good to see the Corbyn's are still fucking brainless....

:lol:

And trying to blame the Covid Vaccine for what happened to Christian Eriksen lol

Covid has been such a wank fest for all sorts of nutters, i mean, just take a look at the some of the garbage that still gets posted on this very thread. f**k knows what's they'll do when it's over, they'll be devastated, go back to screaming about flat Earth, Satanists in Wall street, Lizard shape shifters or other equally plausible stuff ...

I mean, i'd urge everyone to get the vaccine, look at the benefits, i walk around with loads of fridge magnets stuck to me now, and my 5G reception has never been better, what's not too like!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, roobob said:

Good message from a businessman trying to keep afloat to the bloke who has been on full pay from day one who telling others to do what he says...not what he does.

jksdgjk382.jpg

Cornwall infection rate rocketed after all politicians showed up for the G7 summit. 

None of those cunts and their entourage had to isolate. 

Do as I say not as I do. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

22 minutes ago, galenkia said:

Cornwall infection rate rocketed after all politicians showed up for the G7 summit. 

None of those cunts and their entourage had to isolate. 

Do as I say not as I do. 

Agree Gal.... but there will continually be sheep who believe everything they say. 

cheers

• Like 1

Following on from the G7 meeting, we have UEFA 2020 tournament with semis and final scheduled to be played at Wembley. At present, UEFA officials, VIPs and sponsors, and international broadcasters need to quarantine for 10 days, as per the current government guidelines.

BJ: "We’ll be talking to UEFA about what they want and see if we can make some sensible accommodations. But the priority obviously has to be public health.”

Another debacle looming.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Jambo said:

Left my self isolation cell in Scotland at 9.30am this morning and got on  a bus to take me to the Pyramid Business Park near Bathgate which is quite close to Edinburgh and where my Daughters live in East Calder.

Unfortunately the driver tells me that this particular bus is going in exactly the opposite direction! No problem as it turns round at the railway station about a quarter of a mile up the road. The bus fills up with coffin dodgers all using their free bus passes and I am the only passenger paying in cash. The driver has no change for a 5 pound note and I get a free ride to the Business Park.

You could not make this up - all true. 😄

Why am I going to the Business Park?

It has a two week "drop-in" vaccination center which ends tomorrow.

IMG_20210621_114107.jpg

IMG_20210621_114132.jpg

It took about 15 minutes for them to take all their required personal details.

I follow "The Yellow Brick Road' of arrows" as instructed and arrive at the last checkpoint and am immediately taken to a desk where a nice young man asks me a few questions and then gives me my first Covid shot which is apparently Astra Zenica.

"Come back in 12 weeks for the second dose. Exit is over there and no need to sit down."

Back on the bus before 10.30am.

10 out of 10 for the NHS.

Good work Dan.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Jambo said:

Left my self isolation cell in Scotland at 9.30am this morning and got on  a bus to take me to the Pyramid Business Park near Bathgate which is quite close to Edinburgh and where my Daughters live in East Calder.

Unfortunately the driver tells me that this particular bus is going in exactly the opposite direction! No problem as it turns round at the railway station about a quarter of a mile up the road. The bus fills up with coffin dodgers all using their free bus passes and I am the only passenger paying in cash. The driver has no change for a 5 pound note and I get a free ride to the Business Park.

You could not make this up - all true. 😄

Why am I going to the Business Park?

It has a two week "drop-in" vaccination center which ends tomorrow.

IMG_20210621_114107.jpg

IMG_20210621_114132.jpg

It took about 15 minutes for them to take all their required personal details.

I follow "The Yellow Brick Road' of arrows" as instructed and arrive at the last checkpoint and am immediately taken to a desk where a nice young man asks me a few questions and then gives me my first Covid shot which is apparently Astra Zenica.

"Come back in 12 weeks for the second dose. Exit is over there and no need to sit down."

Back on the bus before 10.30am.

10 out of 10 for the NHS.

Is it still 12 weeks in Scotland?

Only 8 weeks wait between jabs for anyone over 40 in England.

1 hour ago, Kathmandu said:

Saw UK cases starting to soar again. A bit worrisome. 

This Covid thing is far from over. Glad I live in the SF Bay Area. It's over here at least until the winter (for some).

I like the idea of personal responsibility over government decrees. I've ditched a mask other than indoors with strangers. I still have to be careful as my daughter is only 9yo, too young to get vaxx'd. They just dropped the mask requirement at her summer camp; poor kid's been wearing a mask since March 2000.

Let the unvaccinated & unmasked dig their own graves. Their odds of getting Covid have gone way down due to the efforts of others (my 2nd Moderna shot hangover was not fun).

Read that oil may hit $100us/barrel. Time to buy an e-car. 🙂

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, lazarus said:

Let the unvaccinated & unmasked dig their own graves. Their odds of getting Covid have gone way down due to the efforts of others (my 2nd Moderna shot hangover was not fun).

Amen brother. First shot took me out for 2 days, second not so bad. Those that haven't gotten the shot can look forward to the Delta variant and that strain doesn't look like it's going to be a walk in the park. 

My advice is take the sore shoulder for a few days. It's better than dying.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kathmandu said:

Saw UK cases starting to soar again. A bit worrisome. 

Not really abut infection numbers now, numbers were always going to go up with opening up. More to do with hospitalisations and deaths now, or lack there of ...

Andrew NeilCHAIRMAN AND PRESENTER
PUBLISHED  

Good evening. I’m Andrew Neil.

We begin tonight with more good news about Covid. We do so, again, because there is a lot of good news about. But also because other news channels are still a bit glum when it comes to reporting it. So let’s cheer you up.

There are now under 1,400 Covid patients in hospitals across the UK. 1,400. The figure was 39,000 in January, when daily admissions peaked at 4,000. Today daily admissions are under 200 a day and rising slowly.

Patients now tend to be younger, and not yet vaccinated. GB News understands the average age of Covid patients is only 24. That’s an age group in which Covid is very unlikely to make you seriously ill, never mind kill you.

True there are still over 11,000 new cases of the Delta variant daily and a weekly rise of 51%. But the rate of increases is slowing and even as cases rase, deaths remain low.

There have been 84 deaths in England and Wales this past week. Each one a personal and family tragedy. But that’s the lowest weekly figure since September.

Covid deaths now account for less than 1% of all recorded deaths.

Out of 300 councils in England and Wales one-third have had no Covid deaths since April.

The vaccines continue to work their magic. They hugely reduce the chances of contracting Covid and even for the unlucky vaccinated few who do, they are 96% effective at stopping severe illness and hospitalisation.

The link between Covid cases and high hospital admissions has effectively been broken.

Almost 9 out of 10 adults now have Covid anti-bodies, which is getting close to herd immunity. By July 19th — our new freedom day — all adults will have had their first jab. And all over 40s their second.

So matters will have to deteriorate rapidly and substantially in the next few weeks for restrictions not to be removed on July 19th. Health Secretary Matt Hancock is even talking hopefully about no quarantine for folks returning from amber countries who’ve been doubled jabbed. So that foreign holiday looks a little more possible.

We reported that last night. The PM was a bit sniffy about it. Probably best if Mr Hancock doesn’t mention it to him again. But just gets on with it.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Krapow said:

So matters will have to deteriorate rapidly and substantially in the next few weeks for restrictions not to be removed on July 19th. Health Secretary Matt Hancock is even talking hopefully about no quarantine for folks returning from amber countries who’ve been doubled jabbed. So that foreign holiday looks a little more possible.

That's encouraging to hear. 

1 hour ago, Kathmandu said:

That's encouraging to hear. 

There's a huge drive on at the moment to get the vaccines in arms before July 19th. Vaccines are the way out of this, the best chance of all restrictions getting lifted and staying that way. 

I was at a Team meeting earlier where a Senior Manager was pleading for us to come work at any of the many current pop up vaccine centres, from large football grounds to community centres, to religious settings etc. Wanted us to work as and in the information hubs, answering questions about the vaccines etc. 

Unfortunately he was only offering TOIL. Had he been offering anything even close to what those administering the vaccines are getting paid, i'd have worked every weekend! They are on silly money!

• Great Info 1

Indian authorities declare ‘Delta Plus’ mutation as new coronavirus variant of concern

A new mutation of the Delta strain, dubbed ‘Delta Plus’, is spreading fast and is even more deadly, health authorities have warned.

https://www.news.com.au/world/coronavirus/global/indian-authorities-declare-delta-plus-mutation-as-new-coronavirus-variant-of-concern/news-story/70855d56ec3d10dccc61040fb34b3995