COVID 19 GLOBAL

grayray

It has been a really tough time for those who are and have been receiving Chemotherapy as part of the cancer treatment. They have been unable to have the vaccine and Chemo wipes out a lot of the body's immune system. 

They have not had a choice and at greater risk of Covid than most of us. 

8 minutes ago, Nightcrawler said:

It has been a really tough time for those who are and have been receiving Chemotherapy as part of the cancer treatment. They have been unable to have the vaccine and Chemo wipes out a lot of the body's immune system. 

Not sure that's correct , my mate has had vaccine and booster and has had courses of chemo over the last couple of years , most recently last month 

16 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

Not sure that's correct , my mate has had vaccine and booster and has had courses of chemo over the last couple of years , most recently last month 

I have a friend too who has come to the end of his Chemo who has now received his first vaccine. I am talking about those who are currently receiving Chemo, or have only just finished treatment or have been on Chemo during the time when vaccines were being rolled out. Vaccines do not work for those who are in the middle or begining of treatment. 

I was lucky that my Chemotherapy treatment came to an end just before Covid entered the world and was able to be vaccinated when it was introduced 

For those on high doses of Chemotherapy drugs and lose their hair, its usually a sign when their hair starts to grow again that most of the toxins have left their bodies. But it can take several months after treatment for that to happen and for the immune system to start rebuilding itself. 

2 hours ago, Mr. Smooth said:

This is a simple and not always accurate way to look at it. First of all, in the UK, you had nearly 206,000 overall hospital beds available in 2008. By 2020, that number had dropped to 163,000. I am assuming there must have been some budget cuts to your healthcare system over the years to reach that lower number by over 40,000 beds?

Secondly, your NHS in order to treat covid and non-covid patients separately according to the necessary enhanced infection protocols, had to get the hospitals reorganized as a result of the pandemic. That meant that beds and staff in ER's and ICU's, had to be deployed differently than from previous years, and because of that, hospitals might experience an overall lower occupancy rate than in previous years.

Bottom line was that according to the admissions data from your very own NHS England, the occupancy rate for the first quarter of 2021-22 was 83.8%, which was not quite as high as the 88.2% rate recorded in the same quarter during  2019-20. And further, for the same quarter in the previous 2 years, 2018-19 and 2017-18, occupancy was 87.8% and 87.2%. 

So, this media hysteria about an abundance of patients and overloaded hospitals, isn't unique with this pandemic, it has been going on for several years and I'm sure not a bloody peep from the BBC, Guardian, or any other media outlet was making it out to be some overwhelming crisis in the UK healthcare system.

This is all data from your own NHS! 

So the end result is that even without the pandemic, these hospitals would have had admittances within the ballpark figures that have been recorded during the pandemic anyway.

My question would be, and any of you UK blokes would know this more than a Yank would, is why in the bloody hell has the NHS had to make due with over 40,000 fewer overall hospital beds now than back in 2008, with, presumably, a slightly smaller overall population? Was that from 10 Downing St or your Parliament in cutting the budget for healthcare?

You all can't be getting THAT much healthier, can you? Jeez...just those massive English brekkys you people wolf down are a heart attack on a plate by themselves FFS!

Unfortunately the BBC seems unwilling to criticise the Conservatives because it fears it's funding will be withdrawn 

but the Guardian has mentioned NHS underfunding for many years , here's some articles precovid 

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/oct/25/boris-johnson-conservatives-nhs-funding

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/apr/03/andrew-lansley-bowel-cancer-nhs-money-screening

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2018/sep/11/nhs-suffering-worst-ever-staff-cash-crisis-figures-show

Edited by Stillearly
  • Like 3

32 minutes ago, Nightcrawler said:

Just as tough on those who may have undiagnosed cancer and can't get a doctor to take a look at them. 

Can see a lot of people being scared into feeling like a burden on the NHS with the constant obsession with 'protect the NHS' mantra. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

Unfortunately the BBC seems unwilling to criticise the Conservatives because it fears it's funding will be withdrawn 

but the Guardian has mentioned NHS underfunding for many years , here's some articles precovid 

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/oct/25/boris-johnson-conservatives-nhs-funding

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/apr/03/andrew-lansley-bowel-cancer-nhs-money-screening

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2018/sep/11/nhs-suffering-worst-ever-staff-cash-crisis-figures-show

Tory's have always been about cutting public spending so they don't have to raise taxes, but how can you improve services without investing in them?. 

I for one would happily pay a bit more tax every payday if it actually got invested in the NHS, schools, the poorer members of our society, the elderly's care etc. 

Surely many other people would also. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, galenkia said:

Apologies Gal ...I do not know why your post showed up on here.

3 hours ago, Nightcrawler said:

We should be thankful for the NHS which is free at the point of service and funded from National Insurance contributions and subsidised from general taxation. 

If we had to rely on Private health insurance, then most households would be paying far more for healthcare. 

Since Insurance is based upon risk, then those who are unvaccinated would be charged a much higher premium and are far more likely to required hospital care for Covid related illnesses. 

There are thousands of people waiting for treatment and operations across the Country that has been put back due to the large number of Covid admissions. There are also staff shortages as a result of Covid infection and many front line Staff are worn simply worn  out by the constant demands that the Covid Virus has placed upon the service

The vaccines and boosters are a collective effort to fight against Covid infections, and protect against hospitalisation should people become infected. 

Vaccinated people here Are getting on with our lives. 

I get on with mine, for sure. I go out when I want, and where I want. I see who I want, when I want, I do what I want when I want, within the law of course. That does not mean that I throw caution to the wind and only think about myself.  That is not a bubble, it is a reality for most people. 

It is all about using Common Sense and adopting Social Responsibility during these difficult times. Something that antivaxers seem to sadly lack and are only concerned with themselves. 

Hopefully, as latest research has suggested, the Omicron variant produces milder symptoms, especially in those who have been vaccinated. 

We would all like to get back to 2019 before Covid hit the world, but it won't happen overnight, nor will it disappear over night, we all know that

But.......... 

To do Nothing, is not an option. 

Antivaxers have NO alternative  solutions to put forward, apart from do nothing and complain that they feel marginalised, oh, and that their freedoms are being compromised. 

I don't wish death or illness on anyone, but if people refuse to protect themselves and those around them, then so be it, as long as it is not at the expense of those who chose to protect themselves and their loved ones. 

During the last month, thousands of people have volunteered to help out at vaccination centres all over the country, offering whatever skills or time that they may have. They are doing it for others and not just thinking about themselves. 

Dear oh dear....open your eyes mate and pop the bubble....it is not all about the UK and the NHS.

Another silly comment by you about Private Health Insurance. Those people who have been paying for years have been putting much money into the health system and many have probably not even used it but deserve to have health care...even if they are vaccinated or unvaccinated.

You have a short memory..... thousands from day one have had their treatment put back ...that is going on for over 2 years now before vaccines were even available and you have the hide to bring it up now. Where were you back then??

lol..  vaccinated people are getting on with their lives..lol...some are not...all they are doing is complaining like you....you are not living life.... you are in your little bubble complaining daily.

Rubbish again... the people who are unvaccinated do have an alternative...they are living life ... unlike you.... and have been doing so since day one.

cheers

Edited by roobob
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, roobob said:

Dear oh dear....open your eyes mate and pop the bubble....it is not all about the UK and the NHS.

Another silly comment by you about Private Health Insurance. Those people who have been paying for years have been putting much money into the health system and many have probably not even used it but deserve to have health care...even if they are vaccinated or unvaccinated.

You have a short memory..... thousands from day one have had their treatment put back ...that is going on for over 2 years now before vaccines were even available and you have the hide to bring it up now. Where were you back then??

lol..  vaccinated people are getting on with their lives..lol...some are not...all they are doing is complaining like you....you are not living life.... you are in your little bubble complaining daily.

Rubbish again... the people who are unvaccinated do have an alternative...they are living life ... unlike you.... and have been doing so since day one.

I am not complaining. 

I can only give my point of view from where I am and that is the UK. Just as you can only do so from where you are. My comments were about unvaccinated in UK and not about you or your lifestyle

Don't tell me about how I live my life. You have absolutely No idea, what I do and what I don't do. I am living my life, so don't make it personal. I won't ask again

CHEERS

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Sad 1

On 12/17/2021 at 3:00 AM, roobob said:

Cite and example of a Country refusing to allow it's own nationals to return then, in detail with dates and verified sources. Last time I checked, the example I gave of one such possible instance was Samoa, which I'm fairly sure is not in the UK.

Give verified examples of the "they" and "many" that you speak of.

Australia for one. Look back through this topic and you shall see. There are reports of Aussies being trapped overseas for more than a year as they were being refused entry to their own country by the Govt to the restrictions they put on entry to the country. As I said before....this is being challenged in the Human Rights Court. Here is just two links.... and you will see that in the case of if they are in India it's citizens will face fines and jail if they do so and there are others stranded in countries across the globe.

Australia bans return of residents and citizens from India, offenders face fines and prison (nbcnews.com)

Locked out: Stranded Australians call foul over COVID-19 cap | Coronavirus pandemic News | Al Jazeera

I have not backtracked, nor twisted anything, unlike you trying to weasel out of inferring that breaking the law is acceptable to get a covid pass, you're now claiming that by saying "living life how you want" only has contextual meaning to how you want it applied, and not how anyone else reads it.

Again you try to big yourself up and twist words to make outlandish accusations. What current law have I broken to get a covid pass??? You do not have to be vaccinated to remain in Thailand at present...fact. Again you speculate with nothing to back your outrageous claim up.   

If you had an ounce of sense, you would soon realise that living your life "how you want" has consequences, especially if that involves trying to be clever by riding around without a helmet, which, in essence says everything about you, as it is the height of stupidity. Those consequences can be harm to oneself or , if breaking the law, criminal ones.

Who are you to tell anyone how to live their life? Who died and made you God...555....what a laughable comment. Yes I ride around my local village without a helmet....like all the locals..... next time we have a get together I will tell them that the high and mighty Butch decreed that it was a no no and to stop living their lives as they want.....I am sure that will get this farand the laugh of the day...555.

You've gone from losing thed  argument about me labelling every law breaker an anarchist (funny) to now accusing me of twisting your words (I have not).

I have lost nothing and going by your post it is clear who is on the losing end.

You think I live in a bubble? lol, being a regular expat and traveller to the Philippines, Thailand , Africa and elsewhere over the last 30 years hardly defines me as living in a bubble. If you want condescending (the correct definition by the way and not your wrong interpretation) - I know a lot more than you appear to, much much more.

Yes.... you currently live in a bubble and it is clear to see. So you have travelled before moving into your present bubble situation...so what...... nothing to do with the present situation at all. You should really get off that high horse of yours and reign in that condescending attitude of yours as again you show in the last sentence of your post.

As I said, quote a verified example, you failed to do so. Australia NEVER refused entry to it's citizens, it imposed caps on the numbers returning at any given time, exacerbated due to flight restrictions into Australia imposed. forgive me, but a Thailand centric forum doesn't meet the criteria of a "verified example". Entry refusal was never an issue, getting a flight home was. Given that the lawsuits concern quarantine restrictions and other criteria , the refusal of Australian Nationals was never in contention.  Feel free to quote any case which addresses a refusal of Entry of an Australian National due to a Government mandate of Covid 19 specifically refusing nationals entry.

Secondly, please cite exactly WHERE I accused you of actually "breaking the law to get a covid pass". I actually mentioned that you inferred it was possible to, and such actions were illegal, as you said "get things done" in order to obtain such a pass, another example of you being a hypocrite and twisting my words to suit your own agenda. You've already been made to look a bit of a wombat on this subject by another poster. Again, contextual clarity eludes you to a point of you thinking people said things which they actually did not say.

Who are you to tell anyone how to live their life? Who died and made you God...555....what a laughable comment. Yes I ride around my local village without a helmet....like all the locals..... next time we have a get together I will tell them that the high and mighty Butch decreed that it was a no no and to stop living their lives as they want.....I am sure that will get this farand the laugh of the day...555.

You're being an idiot, obviously if you had a crash , you won't get brain damage by virtue of the fact you need to have a brain in the first place. I stated it is against the law (it is) and if you have a crash or get caught, it'll have consequences. If you think being spoon fed as a brain damaged paraplegic is a good option for long term retirement, then be my guest. Darwinism in action right there.

I'm not telling anyone how to live their life, but myself and others on this forum would be  gutted to hear that one of our "own" had done himself a mischief up country and as such can't enjoy his retirement, but you seem intent on causing yourself harm through your own stupidity, so be my guest and don't come complaining when half of your brain matter is made up of gravel.

Personally I don't give a shit what you do, if you think I live in a bubble then great, that is your opinion and everyone knows you also have an asshole.

Lastly, have a look at the correct definition of "condescending" and try to actually get it right. I'm not a a high horse, it's just that I'm better informed than you are. (note to self give @roobob a good example of condescending so he can get the definition right).

Edited by Butch
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

3 hours ago, Butch said:

As I said, quote a verified example, you failed to do so. Australia NEVER refused entry to it's citizens, it imposed caps on the numbers returning at any given time, exacerbated due to flight restrictions into Australia imposed. forgive me, but a Thailand centric forum doesn't meet the criteria of a "verified example". Entry refusal was never an issue, getting a flight home was. Given that the lawsuits concern quarantine restrictions and other criteria , the refusal of Australian Nationals was never in contention.  Feel free to quote any case which addresses a refusal of Entry of an Australian National due to a Government mandate of Covid 19 specifically refusing nationals entry.

Secondly, please cite exactly WHERE I accused you of actually "breaking the law to get a covid pass". I actually mentioned that you inferred it was possible to, and such actions were illegal, as you said "get things done" in order to obtain such a pass, another example of you being a hypocrite and twisting my words to suit your own agenda. You've already been made to look a bit of a wombat on this subject by another poster. Again, contextual clarity eludes you to a point of you thinking people said things which they actually did not say.

You're being an idiot, obviously if you had a crash , you won't get brain damage by virtue of the fact you need to have a brain in the first place. I stated it is against the law (it is) and if you have a crash or get caught, it'll have consequences. If you think being spoon fed as a brain damaged paraplegic is a good option for long term retirement, then be my guest. Darwinism in action right there.

I'm not telling anyone how to live their life, but myself and others on this forum would be  gutted to hear that one of our "own" had done himself a mischief up country and as such can't enjoy his retirement, but you seem intent on causing yourself harm through your own stupidity, so be my guest and don't come complaining when half of your brain matter is made up of gravel.

Personally I don't give a shit what you do, if you think I live in a bubble then great, that is your opinion and everyone knows you also have an asshole.

Lastly, have a look at the correct definition of "condescending" and try to actually get it right. I'm not a a high horse, it's just that I'm better informed than you are. (note to self give @roobob a good example of condescending so he can get the definition right).

All this ongoing nastiness could have been stopped from day #1 if the vaxed could have just been satisfied that they were vaxed and let the unvaxed be....

But no.....The vaxed think they have a licence from God to force everyone to get vaxed....

This is not the kind of world I want to live in.....I see no signs the nastiness will be stopping any time soon..

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, fforest said:

All this ongoing nastiness could have been stopped from day #1 if the vaxed could have just been satisfied that they were vaxed and let the unvaxed be....

But no.....The vaxed think they have a licence from God to force everyone to get vaxed....

This is not the kind of world I want to live in.....I see no signs the nastiness will be stopping any time soon..

It could have been a lot nicer if those against getting vaccinated had kept their mouths shut instead of reveling in propaganda and unproven conspiracy theories on Social media and trying to convince the vaccine hesitant not to get vaccinated. Or by not calling those who have been vaccinated, "sheep" and being conned by Big Pharma and the new world order during a time when people were dying and ending up in ICU wards. 

They created their own problems, and now they portray themselves as "victims" as more people get vaccinated and they have no scientific or political arguments left. 

They created their own world and now find themselves living in it. 

There can be No doubt that vaccines and common sense have saved many Ives during the Covid crisis. The evidence is there for all to see, with the number of deaths and hospital cases reducing after the vaccine rollouts. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, fforest said:

That is an extreme generalisation which serves no purpose but to encourage disparity and argument based upon a misinformed opinion with no facts offered in support.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, roobob said:

cheers

Screenshot_20211224-232751_Photos.jpg

Wake up and smell the coffee

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Butch said:

You are wrong....Australian citizens wanting to return home have been refused entry. You got given links...there are more links available..... but again when you get called for giving false info....out comes your usual condescending attitude.

lol...oh dear....now you say that I "inferred" it...lol..... the only one who keeps twisting words is you when you get caught out.

Oh yes...... we had a party last night...fair few locals all mixing together....I passed onto them that Butch said to stop living their lives how they want and to toe the line.......and the farang indeed did get the biggest laugh of the night.....maybe you would have heard the laughter from your bubble.

Merry Xmas

cheers

19 hours ago, Mr. Smooth said:

Bottom line was that according to the admissions data from your very own NHS England, the occupancy rate for the first quarter of 2021-22 was 83.8%, which was not quite as high as the 88.2% rate recorded in the same quarter during  2019-20. And further, for the same quarter in the previous 2 years, 2018-19 and 2017-18, occupancy was 87.8% and 87.2%. 

So, this media hysteria about an abundance of patients and overloaded hospitals, isn't unique with this pandemic, it has been going on for several years and I'm sure not a bloody peep from the BBC, Guardian, or any other media outlet was making it out to be some overwhelming crisis in the UK healthcare system.

This is all data from your own NHS! 

Unnfortunately the covid patients who weren't around in the earlier years displaced those with other illnesses or conditions and delayed their treatment.  Some of these will have died unfortunately due to lack of hospital care and that is where the hysteria comes from.

We're currently running at about 1,000 hospital admissions a day due to Covid - that's 1,000 others having to wait.

14 hours ago, fforest said:

Violin Smiley - Page 1 - Website Feedback - PistonHeads

• Like 1

15 hours ago, fforest said:

You are selective in your view as I see plenty of nastiness from both sides. I especially see certain people I regarded as friends who have chosen to elaborate as to what cnuts we all are for being vaccinated.  I have unfollowed 2 people on Fakebook because of their disgusting verbal attacks on their supposed group of friends for being pathetic sheep. This from 2 people I have known for 30 years.

I actually don't have a conversation if it is about Covid with any of those who wish to remain unvaccinated as my experience has been a negative one.

Of course there are some who have been vaccinated who can also be disrespectful of peoples choices but the biggest issue is the divisive nature of this pandemic which has caused such distain amongst old friends and family and it won't get better any day soon.

That is sad.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, coxyhog said:

What delightful characters they are, without  hint of nastiness about them. Wasting peoples valuable  time, effort, resources and opportunities, for the sake of their selfish and pointless motives. Then they wonder why they are despised by so many.

Not the sort of world I want to live in 

18 minutes ago, Nightcrawler said:

What delightful characters they are, without  hint of nastiness about them. Wasting peoples valuable  time, effort, resources and opportunities, for the sake of their selfish and pointless motives. Then they wonder why they are despised by so many.

Not the sort of world I want to live in 

I typed the 'if true' bit before I Googled it & there's a lot more links than just those three.

But no doubt our friends will think it's fake news because it's not on Twatter or FB😂.

Edited by coxyhog
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, coxyhog said:

Beyond comprehension on the level of deranged souls who are motivated to do such a thing.

Although, I must say.... Following the giant selfie cluster f**k at the U.S. Capitol on Jan.6 of those type of lost inbreds who were celebrating taking a shit on the floor of the rotunda....   Nothing surprises me.