COVID 19 GLOBAL

grayray

On 3/17/2022 at 2:37 AM, fforest said:

China is in a fresh lockdown.....Lazada cant deliver my orders to Thailand...

Economy Delivery
Your parcel is on the way to Thailand.Mar.06 22:41

My package has been on the way to Thailand for almost 2 weeks now

China’s coronavirus lockdowns could trigger ‘shock waves’ across global supply chains

https://www.scmp.com/economy/china-economy/article/3170416/chinas-coronavirus-lockdowns-could-trigger-shock-waves-across

Maybe you should call your Vet so you can stockpile some of that de-wormer. 

Better save those masks...suckas...

. . .

Amid rising cases, Austria hastily reintroduces an indoor mask mandate.

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2022/03/20/world/covid-19-mandates-cases-vaccine/austria-indoor-mask-mandate

Austria will reintroduce an indoor mask mandate, the health minister, Johannes Rauch, announced on Friday, bucking a trend among European countries to lift coronavirus precautions despite rising cases.

“It was simply necessary to take countermeasures now,” Mr. Rauch said at a news conference on Friday, just weeks after Austria lifted its mask mandates in most indoor spaces.

Earlier this month, Austrian officials had announced that the nation’s general vaccine mandate would be temporarily suspended. It recently took official effect, but enforcement had not begun. About 74 percent of Austrians are fully vaccinatedaccording to the Our World in Data.

But Mr. Rauch said that experts have now corrected forecasts for the trajectory of the virus and that officials were concerned about staffing and the availability of beds in hospitals and retirement and nursing homes.

Starting on Wednesday, FFP2 masks (Europe’s equivalent to American N95s) will be required in indoor spaces again, and the government would soon revise the isolation rules for infected people, the Ministry of Social Affairs, Health, Care and Consumer Protection said in a statement on Friday.

A highly transmissible Omicron subvariant, BA.2, is contributing to the new surge around Europe this month. Although deaths have continued to fall in the region, the number of Covid patients in hospitals has risen in some European countries such as the United Kingdom, Ireland, and Austria, according to Our World in Data.

Over the past two weeks, new cases in Austria have increased by 54 percent, according to the Center for Systems Science and Engineering at Johns Hopkins University.

But European countries have nonetheless been pushing to reopen. Last month, Denmark dropped all its restrictions, including a mask mandate in indoor spaces and on public transportation. The British government has ended all remaining legal coronavirus curbs in England, including the legal requirement for infected people to isolate. On Thursday, Italy announced it would progressively lift its vaccination and health pass requirements.

But as countries greeted the end of many precautions, Austria’s announcement was a concerning signal that momentum in that direction may have been premature. Mr. Rauch said that earlier policy changes were based on predictions that cases would be dropping by now.

“That has not come true. It has changed, and changed significantly,” he said.

3 hours ago, lazarus said:

Better save those masks...suckas...

. . .

Amid rising cases, Austria hastily reintroduces an indoor mask mandate.

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2022/03/20/world/covid-19-mandates-cases-vaccine/austria-indoor-mask-mandate

Austria will reintroduce an indoor mask mandate, the health minister, Johannes Rauch, announced on Friday, bucking a trend among European countries to lift coronavirus precautions despite rising cases.

“It was simply necessary to take countermeasures now,” Mr. Rauch said at a news conference on Friday, just weeks after Austria lifted its mask mandates in most indoor spaces.

Earlier this month, Austrian officials had announced that the nation’s general vaccine mandate would be temporarily suspended. It recently took official effect, but enforcement had not begun. About 74 percent of Austrians are fully vaccinatedaccording to the Our World in Data.

But Mr. Rauch said that experts have now corrected forecasts for the trajectory of the virus and that officials were concerned about staffing and the availability of beds in hospitals and retirement and nursing homes.

Starting on Wednesday, FFP2 masks (Europe’s equivalent to American N95s) will be required in indoor spaces again, and the government would soon revise the isolation rules for infected people, the Ministry of Social Affairs, Health, Care and Consumer Protection said in a statement on Friday.

A highly transmissible Omicron subvariant, BA.2, is contributing to the new surge around Europe this month. Although deaths have continued to fall in the region, the number of Covid patients in hospitals has risen in some European countries such as the United Kingdom, Ireland, and Austria, according to Our World in Data.

Over the past two weeks, new cases in Austria have increased by 54 percent, according to the Center for Systems Science and Engineering at Johns Hopkins University.

But European countries have nonetheless been pushing to reopen. Last month, Denmark dropped all its restrictions, including a mask mandate in indoor spaces and on public transportation. The British government has ended all remaining legal coronavirus curbs in England, including the legal requirement for infected people to isolate. On Thursday, Italy announced it would progressively lift its vaccination and health pass requirements.

But as countries greeted the end of many precautions, Austria’s announcement was a concerning signal that momentum in that direction may have been premature. Mr. Rauch said that earlier policy changes were based on predictions that cases would be dropping by now.

“That has not come true. It has changed, and changed significantly,” he said.

Sure I will save my one mask I have used for months and months and never washed so I can shop at 7-11.....

Edited by fforest

Easyjet to drop Mandatory mask Policy from Sunday :default_goodjob:

https://mediacentre.easyjet.com/story/15415/easyjet-statement-on-changes-to-mask-wearing-onboard

easyJet is really pleased to see the start of a return to truly restriction-free flying for UK consumers, following the welcome removal of all remaining UK travel restrictions last week.  

Following the removal of mandatory mask wearing in a number of countries, we have reviewed our mask policy onboard and have taken the decision that, from 27 March 2022, on flights where masks are no longer legally required at both ends of the route, we will not mandate customers and crew to wear masks onboard the flight. Any customers or crew who wish to continue wearing a mask will of course have their personal choice respected.

40 minutes ago, Krapow said:

Easyjet to drop Mandatory mask Policy from Sunday :default_goodjob:

https://mediacentre.easyjet.com/story/15415/easyjet-statement-on-changes-to-mask-wearing-onboard

easyJet is really pleased to see the start of a return to truly restriction-free flying for UK consumers, following the welcome removal of all remaining UK travel restrictions last week.  

Following the removal of mandatory mask wearing in a number of countries, we have reviewed our mask policy onboard and have taken the decision that, from 27 March 2022, on flights where masks are no longer legally required at both ends of the route, we will not mandate customers and crew to wear masks onboard the flight. Any customers or crew who wish to continue wearing a mask will of course have their personal choice respected.

Good decision.....it should be the same way world wide.

If you want to wear them ....do so. If you do not...don't. 

All need to get on with life with no restrictions.

About time all learn to live with the virus...as should have been done since Day 1.

I am sure the doom and gloom merchants will not like the decision...555.

cheers 

• Like 2

As long as there are restrictions in the country (related to covid) I am going to that could inhibit my holiday then I will wear a mask. If there are no restrictions before/after arrival and free movement without issue is allowed then I will just be aware of my surroundings and unlikely to wear a mask all the time.

There are situations I have been in that I wish I had been wearing a mask and none of those have been on a plane.

• Thumbs Up 4

37 minutes ago, Horizondave said:

As long as there are restrictions in the country (related to covid) I am going to that could inhibit my holiday then I will wear a mask. If there are no restrictions before/after arrival and free movement without issue is allowed then I will just be aware of my surroundings and unlikely to wear a mask all the time.

There are situations I have been in that I wish I had been wearing a mask and none of those have been on a plane.

Same here.

Also, I have been told to that I look better wearing a mask🙂

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 2

For me it's about everyone now taking personal responsibility. As Easyjet say, if you want to continue wearing a mask, do so. Easyjet as just following what the other UK based airlines are doing. 

I've said many times on here i disagree with vaccine mandates for various reasons, and with where we are now with the vaccines, lots of other treatments, the knowledge we now have, the high level of natural immunity etc, there shouldn't be Government mandating whatever to the public, whether it be masks or lockdowns. 

People need to do or take whatever action they feel comfortable with, just as they do with every other aspect of life. 

I don't need or want a Government to tell me how to act in regards to this virus now.

Also, Denmark seems to be the ahead of everywhere else in regards to the 'new strain' and where it had shot up really high there. It's also now came down very quick there now, and the deaths never, as they never went up in the first place. 

Again, the the Politically minded lefties in the media who were predicting all sorts of carnage were wrong yet again. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 3/21/2022 at 10:57 AM, Horizondave said:

My wife, child, brother, niece and best mate have covid and it ain't Omicron because, if it is, it isn't mild. Other than my daughter the others have really got it bad including one calling an ambulance. My wife is really low with bad headaches and difficulty breathing with ease. My brother is confined to a room in Plane France unable to ski after getting covid on his 2nd day in the resort.

I have tested negative again today and am keeping well away from my wife and daughter, bugger the idea of catching it to get the thing over with.

Edit 22 Mar 22:  another best mate has tested positive and last night my brother tells me my nephew has now tested positive. My daughter is still positive (day 5 test) but thankfully, so far, I am testing negative again.

Stay safe Dave, hope the family recover soon 👍.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 3/22/2022 at 11:41 AM, roobob said:

Good decision.....it should be the same way world wide.

If you want to wear them ....do so. If you do not...don't. 

All need to get on with life with no restrictions.

About time all learn to live with the virus...as should have been done since Day 1.

I am sure the doom and gloom merchants will not like the decision...555.

cheers 

Day 1 was different to now. Larger numbers of people were dying/hospitalised with Delta. The new strains are far milder, and more akin to  Flu like symptoms plus many have been vaccinated, although that in itself is no guarantee that one cannot catch to the virus. Not everybody the choice to "live" with virus as sadly they are dead.

The latest variants, although highly contagious, are not nearly as threatening as Delta was. 

We are merely reacting to change. If I decide to wear a mask in certain situations, it has nothing to do with doom and gloom, it's about my choice to stay out of harm's way,just as I don't cross a busy street with my eyes closed. 

Covid is now just a generic term,but the virus has changed along with government guidelines, it hasn't gone away. I view it much like wearing a condom or not. Whilst not wearing one, the pleasure is better, but there is always the  gamble of unpleasantness a few days later if having sex with a stranger. The difference is, that is f you knowingly pass it on, to he it no longer becomes just a personal responsibility. 

Living with Covid today, is not the same as it was during the first outbreak. It is now,fortunately, a different ball game with the risk of death,long Covid and hospitalisation far less than it once was.

It has taken a while for many to learn the true sense of  personal responsibility, but in the main we are there and begining to function again in a slightly different sense of normality. Some countries are still playing catch up, but the overall situation is far better than it was a couple of years ago.

We can't bring back the dead,unfortunately, or simply forget them. 

There will be further pandemics in the future, not necessarily Covid, and not necessarily in our lifetimes, so hopefully governments will be better prepared in future, as plagues come and go every hundred years or so be and part of the Natural world. 

But now, through the development of medical science, there are more drugs being developed for treatment and less risks of serious illness and death. 

The UK government is no longer telling us what to do,so it's no longer and issue or an argument. It is the virus to that has changed and their reaction to it. 

Personally, I am far less worried about catching the latest variant than I was with Delta. But that said, it can also impact on travel arrangements to places like Thailand if testing positive on arrival. That situation is out of our hands.

Collective responsibility has now morphed into personal responsibility. Unfortunately, there were many who simply did not understand the meaning or need for collective responsibility during the peak of the Pandemic. Many died as a result of either ignorance or choice 

Hopefully by the end of the year, Covid restrictions globally, with be a thing of the past, maybe even soon, hopefully. We all want to get on with our lives. 

I am glad that we had lockdowns and restrictions during the Delta wave of Covid. I am glad we had a vaccine rollout. They were tough times for all of us, but at the time we, did not have the benefit of hindsight. We simply did not know  what was to come, or even exactly how to deal with it. 

Now we have the chance to move on from those dark days and rebuild our damaged societies.

We cannot learn from the future, but should learn from our past.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 3

3 hours ago, Nightcrawler said:

Day 1 was different to now. Larger numbers of people were dying/hospitalised with Delta. The new strains are far milder, and more akin to  Flu like symptoms plus many have been vaccinated, although that in itself is no guarantee that one cannot catch to the virus. Not everybody the choice to "live" with virus as sadly they are dead.

The latest variants, although highly contagious, are not nearly as threatening as Delta was. 

We are merely reacting to change. If I be wear a mask in certain situations, it has nothing to do with doom and gloom, it's about my choice to stay out of harm's way,just as I don't cross a busy street with my eyes closed. 

Covid is now just a generic term,but the virus has changed along with government guidelines, it hasn't gone away. I view it much like wearing a condom or not. Whilst not wearing one, the pleasure is better, but there is always the  gamble of unpleasantness a few days later if having sex with a stranger. The difference is, that is f you knowingly pass it on, to he it no longer becomes just a personal responsibility. 

Living with Covid today, is not the same as it was during the first outbreak. It is now,fortunately, a different ball game with the risk of death,long Covid and hospitalisation far less than it once was.

It has taken a while for many to learn personal responsibility, but in the main we are there and begining to function again in a slightly different sense of normality. Some countries are still playing catch up, but the overall situation is far better than it was a couple of years ago.

We can't bring back the dead,unfortunately, or simply forget them. 

There will be further pandemics in the future, not necessarily Covid, and not necessarily in our lifetimes, so hopefully governments will be better prepared in future, as plagues come and go every hundred years or so be and part of the NH atural world. 

But now, through the development of medical science, there are more drugs being developed for treatment and less risks of serious illness and death. 

The UK government is no longer telling us what to do,so it's no longer and issue or an argument. It is the virus to that has changed and their reaction to it. 

Personally, I am far less worried about catching the latest variant than I was with Delta. But that said, it can also impact on travel arrangements to places like Thailand if testing positive on arrival. That situation is out of our hands.

Collective responsibility has now morphed into personal responsibility. Unfortunately, there were many who simply did not understand the meaning or need for collective responsibility during the peak of the Pandemic. Many died as a result of either ignorance or choice 

Hopefully by the end of the year, Covid restrictions globally, with be a thing of the past, maybe even soon, hopefully. We all want to get on with our lives. 

Yes.... Day one was different as the world went into an immediate panic and opted for one answer....lockdown..... which has proven by the results so far not to have worked.  IMO the way to go was to live with the virus...as we indeed do with other viruses ...... and get on with life.

Yes people died from the virus.... many under that wonderful thing put in place to stop it...lockdowns. On saying that.... it is now being seen that some of the deaths that occurred was not  of the virus but added under the virus number. One should be asking...... why was that????  Was the reason behind it was to use the numbers as an excuse/reason to put restrictions/lockdowns/business closures/etc... in place when they were not really needed....or in fact an overkill decision...or even a very poor decision made by authorities who imposed it on the general population??

As I said above.... if people want to wear a mask...do so. If people do not want to wear a mask...don't. Each to their own. My doom and gloom statement refers to the ones who continually thrive on the negative news about the virus..... in fact I believe there are some people who hope things keep the same as it has been for the last three years since this has started......it seems they get off on it for being so.

I agree...the UK has been leading the way in opening up and hopefully the rest of the world will follow their lead..... but I also see there are critics of what the UK are doing...I wonder why on that. It is time to lift all restrictions now.....open up.....and let people get back to living our lives. 

cheers

Edited by roobob
  • Like 3

Covid deniers and Covid response deniers are a lot like climate change deniers.

Very little of their viewpoint is based on science or critical thinking. Just emotion, obstinance and naïve denial (i.e., contrarianism).

These people give me pause when if future epidemic strategies are solely based on personal responsibility.

Edited by lazarus
cleaned it up a bit...
  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • Haha 1

Think Omicron’s just a mild cold? Think again

COVID-19 arrived at our house recently and what a guest it was.

It’s been around two weeks since my oldest daughter tested positive. She is still
sick. Others in the household collapsed as rapidly as if kicked by some savage,
pitiless animal.

Oh, for the record – we are all vaccinated.

The common narrative around the Omicron variant is the symptoms will mimic
the run-of-the-mill cold. For some, that may be true. From my personal
experience, I can tell you that it is a virulent, dangerous and unforgiving
disease.

For the past week, the house has been a symphony of guttural vomiting, moan-crying,
and the crackle and pop of ibuprofen and paracetamol packets. We have
single-handedly caused the shares of pharmaceutical companies to go up.

Every so often my wife and my oldest son have staggered out of their rooms
looking like they spent the last two hours wrestling with a Grizzly Bear.
I’ve never witnessed such a profound commitment just to get a glass of water.
There would be a half-hearted grin and a wave of the hand like a gentle,
undemanding zombie. I’ve barely seen them otherwise; an eerie silence has fallen
over the place.

It gets hold of you. I can only imagine what a more lethal virus could do to you.
Well, I don’t have to, because millions of people around the world have already
perished because of this relentless, unstoppable disease.

I was clearly the lucky one. I went down for around three days. The first 24 hours
involved me trying to remember the words to the Lord’s Prayer and Googling organic
burial pods. I lay in bed clutching my head in my hands with such force Edward Munch
would’ve found the image too ghastly to paint

The nerves in my eyes were throbbing so violently I almost expected to wake up
and find the cat playing with one of them after it popped out of my noggin.
Yet, despite all debilitating symptoms of Omicron, I feel compelled to tell you
that after two PCR swabs and two rapid antigen tests I’m still negative.

Before you mock me as some babbling, blithering idiot who just had a mild virus,
my wife had five PCR tests before testing positive. There is an unpredictability
with Omicron that most of us are yet to fully understand.

My youngest son wasn’t so lucky. One moment he was enraptured by something on the
TV, before vomiting violently. He threw up uncontrollably for the next five to six
hours. I was enveloped with a ferocious fear and dread I hope you never have to
experience. If panic has an edge, I was hovering over it.

I frantically rang a number of health hotlines and medicos who all assured me
what my son was experiencing was a normal symptom of COVID. As I was tiptoeing back
to my son’s room through a minefield of spew, I wished I trusted my parenting gut
and rushed him to hospital. I was blind, foolish and submissive.

My son is slowly recovering. Other families might not be so fortunate.

In a moment of inexplicable lunacy, I attempted a foolish public service announcement
on Twitter to warn folk about the potential perils of Omicron. For those of you who
don’t have Twitter, that’s the place social media sewerage flows into.

My tweet became a battleground for those bunkering down behind their keyboards just
waiting for the right moment to bleat on about the ill effects of 5G. The vulgarity,
emptiness and repetition of moronic comments brought on a bottomless dissatisfaction
that few of us go searching for.

Don’t get me wrong, there were elegant gestures of kindness and support, but there
was an essential unquantifiable ingredient missing: facts.

Trying to wade through the information or misinformation about Omicron can be
exhausting. If you think I’m being nothing more than a morose, over-sensitive,
self-absorbed fool, then just pop onto the World Health Organisation website if
you want some credible and reputable information on this variant. The WHO debunk a
few myths, particularly this notion that catching the disease is nothing more than
a common cold. The WHO say people infected with the Omicron variant are still ending
up in hospital and many have died.

The WHO also exposes another comical conspiracy theory, the ludicrous idea that
vaccinations don’t work against Omicron. The lower rate of hospitalisations and deaths
from the virus is because so many people are being vaccinated.

The WHO has one final warning for those unvaccinated: Omicron will seek you out. For
the vaccinated who are becoming fatalistic and resigning themselves to getting infected,
don’t. You might get lucky and feel nothing more than a common cold. Or, you might
get unlucky. But I can tell you that Omicron is anything but ‘common’.

Brendan Foster is a Fremantle local, former Fairfax journalist and communication professional,
with work published in Guardian Australia, The New York Daily, The New York Times, Crikey,
WAtoday, News.com.au, The Irish Times and The Sunday Times.

https://www.watoday.com.au/national/western-australia/think-omicron-s-just-a-mild-cold-think-again-20220321-p5a6ix.html

On 3/23/2022 at 5:42 PM, lazarus said:

Covid deniers and Covid response deniers are a lot like climate change deniers.

Very little of their viewpoint is based on science or critical thinking. Just emotion, obstinance and naïve denial (i.e., contrarianism).

These people give me pause when if future epidemic strategies are solely based on personal responsibility.

From what I see...no one has said covid does not exist.... it is there.

I also do not see covid response deniers....I see people who questioned what responses were put in place. Why should people who ask such questions be howled down/criticised unless there is something to hide??? 

Why bring climate change into it...a completely different topic and really has nothing what so ever to do with the situation at hand.

As for people being "contrarianism".... just because they do not agree with the "popular opinion" does not make them wrong. 

To your last sentence.... it seems you want to take away all personal responsibility from the general population and not allow any to question what effects their daily lives. 

cheers  

Edited by roobob
  • Thumbs Up 1

21 minutes ago, roobob said:

...just because they do not agree with the "popular opinion" does not make them wrong. 

Doesn't make them right either.

"Popular opinion"...?

The Covid death toll: 

Globally, as of 5:51pm CET, 23 March 2022, there have been 472,816,657 confirmed cases of COVID-19, including 6,099,380 deaths, reported to WHO.

source: https://covid19.who.int

. . .

contrarian (kənˈtrɛərɪən)

n
a. a contrary or obstinate person

UK still recording over 100,000 cases a day. Still cracking on though, only thing you can do, can't live under restrictions forever. Just leave it to you to take your own protection if you're high risk health wise. I'm sure I've probably had it as just the amount of people I was working with who had it must mean I got infected.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, lazarus said:

Doesn't make them right either.

"Popular opinion"...?

The Covid death toll: 

Globally, as of 5:51pm CET, 23 March 2022, there have been 472,816,657 confirmed cases of COVID-19, including 6,099,380 deaths, reported to WHO.

source: https://covid19.who.int

. . .

contrarian (kənˈtrɛərɪən)

n
a. a contrary or obstinate person

Agree  it does not..... but as said...it does not make them wrong either.

cheers

contrarian
[kənˈtrɛːrɪən]

NOUN
  1. a person who opposes or rejects popular opinion, especially in stock exchange dealing.
    "it has become fashionable to be a stock-market contrarian"
ADJECTIVE
  1. opposing or rejecting popular opinion or current practice.
    "the comment came more from a contrarian disposition than moral conviction"

There are those who deny the Holocaust where over 6 million died. 

Over 6 million have died as a result of the  Covid virus 

Even if one suspects that even a 10th of those who died were wrongly registered as Covid  deaths, the statistics go way beyond opinion or conspiracy theories and the data has been collected worldwide. 

Did all of those countries deliberately manufacture to their data as some kind of Global reset, or to weekend their own economies to take control of the their populations?

If I have an opinion about anything, whether contrary to popular opinion or not. It he as to based on facts first, rather than some sort of gut feeling or just to be different

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Nightcrawler said:

There are those who deny the Holocaust where over 6 million died. 

Over 6 million have died as a result of the  Covid virus 

Even if one suspects that even a 10th of those who died were wrongly registered as Covid  deaths, the statistics go way beyond opinion or conspiracy theories and the data has been collected worldwide. 

Did all of those countries deliberately manufacture to their data as some kind of Global reset, or to weekend their own economies to take control of the their populations?

If I have an opinion about anything, whether contrary to popular opinion or not. It he as to based on facts first, rather than some sort of gut feeling or just to be different

Did all of those countries deliberately manufacture to their data as some kind of Global reset,

Yes they did....

As far as the Holocaust goes I don't think anyone has ever said no one died or terrible things did not happen back then....I think the 6 million has been the bone of contention.....
(This is not a subject that I have looked into much, prefuring things like fake climate change or the fake moon landings) But some points the denyers bring up do put the 6 million into question..

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Surprised 1

On 3/24/2022 at 2:38 PM, galenkia said:

UK still recording over 100,000 cases a day. Still cracking on though, only thing you can do, can't live under restrictions forever. Just leave it to you to take your own protection if you're high risk health wise. I'm sure I've probably had it as just the amount of people I was working with who had it must mean I got infected.

Yea, numbers of those in hospital WITH covid have went up as well, but Javid's just said 60% of them are incidental, nothing to do with Covid, they just tested positive as well, but that's not why they are in hospital. Won't stop the usuals screaming to bring back restrictions though, but thankfully due to stuff like modelling that was so wrong it was laughable, while always being wrong in much more worse case scenarios, never better scenarios :default_ermm:, they don't get taken serious these days.

I mean, when it was Delta i could understand the reasoning for the way they 'count' hospitilisations and deaths, as it was much more severe though not as contagious as Omicron. If you had Delta and in hospital or died with it, it was much more likely it was at very least a contributing factor. But now it's Omicron which is much less severe and much more contagious, when there is 60% of people in hospital with it but not because of it, you have to acknowledge that, as i'm glad they now do. 

Lots of places are continuing to ease restrictions, not just the UK, despite high infection numbers, as the high infection numbers are not correlating to high or anywhere near high deaths. 

Though of course some just seem to want to be told what to do ongoing, they want Governments to mandate and dictate, they like big state etc, not just for Covid but in general, or the Gov have scared them too much about Covid. Thankfully at least in the UK they don't have sway. Take whatever precautions you feel personally comfortable with, as you do with every other aspect of life,  as we're getting on with living our lives again. Covid isn't going anywhere and we're in a vastly different place than where we were this time 2 years ago, in all sorts of ways, knowledge, many, many treatments, vaccines etc.

When you even have Whitty going on about the damage of lockdowns, you know they'll never happen again, nor should they.

"Sir Chris Whitty: School closures likely to have caused ‘substantial’ long-term damage to children

Chief Medical Officer describes an overall worsening of public health in the last two years, with particular risks around cancer screenings"

https://archive.ph/ppG35

Edited by Krapow
  • Like 5
  • Thumbs Up 1

Our County Council are now informing us that “Spring Booster vaccinations” will soon be given out and to expect an invite to get one from the NHS soon. 
First to get them will be the over 75’s and those who are immunosuppressed  then they will be going down the list by age etc.