COVID 19 GLOBAL

grayray

WTF... personal responsibility. . . ???

. . .

Rising Covid-19 cases in the UK may be a warning for the US

https://edition.cnn.com/2022/09/27/health/uk-fall-wave-covid-us/index.html

There are signs that the United Kingdom could be heading into a fall Covid-19 wave, and experts say the United States may not be far behind.

A recent increase in Covid-19 cases in England doesn’t seem to be driven by a new coronavirus variant, at least for now, although several are gaining strength in the US and across the pond.

“Generally, what happens in the UK is reflected about a month later in the US. I think this is what I’ve sort of been seeing,” said Dr. Tim Spector, professor of genetic epidemiology at Kings College London.

Spector runs the Zoe Health Study, which uses an app to let people in the UK and US report their daily symptoms. If they start to feel bad, they take a home Covid-19 test and record those results. He says that about 500,000 people are currently logging their symptoms every day to help track trends in the pandemic.

https://health-study.joinzoe.com/data#interactive-map

Spector says the study, which has been running since the days of the first lockdown in England in 2020, has accurately captured the start of each wave, and its numbers run about one to two weeks ahead of official government statistics.

After seeing a downward trend for the past few weeks, the Zoe study saw a 30% increase in reported Covid-19 cases within the past week.

“Our current data is definitely showing this is the beginning of the next wave,” Spector said..,

1 hour ago, coxyhog said:

"The COVID-19 Actuaries Response Group said the increase was being driven by people getting COVID while in hospital and suggested this could be a consequence of routine testing on admission being reduced, allowing for the virus to spread freely in hospitals.

The group noted deaths in English hospitals remained flat for the time being."

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Nightcrawler said:

Had my Autumn booster vaccination today in UK.  

How do you feel?

I had mine a week ago and have felt like 💩 all week. Not sure if it’s down to vaccine or not, but with the other 3 I had I felt fine, but not this time. 
Symptoms were feeling extremely tired, runny nose, (like a waterfall 😡) night sweats and aching muscles all over and loss of appetite. 😟
Slowly improving now. Could be coincidence, but I believe it’s down to this vaccine. 

Still, better that than the alternative. 🤗

10 minutes ago, KhunDon said:

How do you feel?

I had mine a week ago and have felt like 💩 all week. Not sure if it’s down to vaccine or not, but with the other 3 I had I felt fine, but not this time. 
Symptoms were feeling extremely tired, runny nose, (like a waterfall 😡) night sweats and aching muscles all over and loss of appetite. 😟
Slowly improving now. Could be coincidence, but I believe it’s down to this vaccine. 

I had mine last Thursday, no side effects at all, only the very first one gave me symptoms similar to yours and only for around 24 hours 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Nightcrawler said:

Had my Autumn booster vaccination today in UK.  

24 minutes ago, KhunDon said:

How do you feel?

12 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

I had mine last Thursday, no side effects at all, only the very first one gave me symptoms similar to yours and only for around 24 hours 

Why???

The fallacy of covid is over....it was just another variant of the flu and has proven to be so.

cheers

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, roobob said:

Thanks...just proves not every jab is necessary.

cheers

I'm not sure what it proves. Met another fella today who was a good 20 years older than me who'd had the same and was feeling even worse!!!

Had it for the first time last year, felt fine after, didn't have a cold/flu all winter.

Thought it was the silver bullet.

Got COVID jab number 4 or is 5 coming up week, I've lost count!!

1 minute ago, Lemondropkid said:

I'm not sure what it proves. Met another fella today who was a good 20 years older than me who'd had the same and was feeling even worse!!!

Had it for the first time last year, felt fine after, didn't have a cold/flu all winter.

Thought it was the silver bullet.

Got COVID jab number 4 or is 5 coming up week, I've lost count!!

Now that is scarey..... seriously.

cheers

37 minutes ago, roobob said:

Why???

The fallacy of covid is over....it was just another variant of the flu and has proven to be so.

cheers

Why not?

But I must admit that I should have consulted you first, as our resident expert 😁😁

My body, my choice. 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Nightcrawler said:

I should have consulted you first, as our resident expert 😁😁

There's no epidemiologist smarter than a Russian disinformation bot..! None..!

😁

Except for me, of course....in fact just last week Dr. Fauci sought me out for advice. 

🤠

20221004_103852.jpg

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Nightcrawler said:

Why not?

But I must admit that I should have consulted you first, as our resident expert 😁😁

My body, my choice. 

Fair enough.....and to quote your words when others said they would refrain from taking the vaccines.....

My body, my choice.

cheers 

3 minutes ago, lazarus said:

There's no epidemiologist smarter than a Russian disinformation bot..! None..!

😁

Except for me, of course....in fact just last week Dr. Fauci sought me out for advice. 

🤠

20221004_103852.jpg

lol...two legends in their own minds...lol

cheers