COVID 19 GLOBAL

grayray

35 minutes ago, Rompho Ray said:

https://boriquagato.substack.com/archive

The guy who writes the articles in that substack is at least one and probably both of those, and has written extensively on what you're asking about.  There are a lot of articles on different subjects on his substack, so if you're interested in reading his analysis of this you may have to use the search function.

That is my point. We can look at very basic data and have a better understanding than such an "expert".

28 minutes ago, KhunDon said:

...I have to consider what could happen if I didn’t consent, versus any possible side effects of the vaccine if he has the injection.

To be very honest, although I know that HPV causes cervical cancer in women, I'm a bit less clear on what sort of cancer risk there is for men.  Also, what's the risk of passing HPV along to a partner, especially if the man doesn't presently have the outward signs of infection (to put it delicately)?

That's the key to doing the risk/benefit tradeoff in your case I think.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Zambo said:

That is my point. We can look at very basic data and have a better understanding than such an "expert".

Well, he has already collected the data, which in some cases was difficult according to him.  IMO you can read his posts, look at the data he presents, and decide whether or not you agree with his conclusions.  Also, he consistently asks people to tell him in the comments if they disagree with what he writes in the articles, and why, so that option would be available to you too.

Or you can just ignore this source, makes no difference to me.  I decided I'd rather look at the data he presents at the risk of disagreeing with his conclusions, which I did sometimes. 

As always and with everything, YMMV.

Just now, Nightcrawler said:

I am seriously considering having the BCG vaccine against catching Leprosy. Is this advisable? 🙂

I think if you put that to a vote, there would be one more resident at the local leper colony.  :default_fun:

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Rompho Ray said:

Well, he has already collected the data, which in some cases was difficult according to him.  IMO you can read his posts, look at the data he presents, and decide whether or not you agree with his conclusions.  Also, he consistently asks people to tell him in the comments if they disagree with what he writes in the articles, and why, so that option would be available to you too.

Or you can just ignore this source, makes no difference to me.  I decided I'd rather look at the data he presents at the risk of disagreeing with his conclusions, which I did sometimes. 

As always and with everything, YMMV.

Yes all correct. So how can i inform him that he has made a mistake. He just needs to look at where the variants (not his idea of possible variants) are being created and compare that to the vaccination rate.

I am resident in Singapore which is a city-state, high density population. A lot was handled well here.

14 minutes ago, Zambo said:

So how can i inform him that he has made a mistake.

You make a post in the comments section of the article where the error occurred.

15 minutes ago, Zambo said:

He just needs to look at where the variants (not his idea of possible variants) are being created and compare that to the vaccination rate.

"His idea of possible variants"?  He analyzes data presented by government agencies and other official sources, so whatever "idea of possible variants" he might have would have been created by the source of the data, rather than being "his idea".

And again, as far as I can recall, he does that exact thing in at least one article.  I don't have a photographic memory of his entire substack publication, so I can't direct you to an exact post.  You'll have to use the search function to find one I'm afraid.

17 minutes ago, Zambo said:

I am resident in Singapore which is a city-state, high density population. A lot was handled well here.

Well, it's also an island that was sealed off from the outside world for over a year if I recall correctly.  They had options that other countries might not have had, including because of the willingness of the residents to accept authoritarian mandates and things like that. 

And, although I don't have the numbers in front of me and haven't really had any reason to single out Singapore in my reading, I'll simply say that what constitutes handling a pandemic "well" is a matter of opinion.  I'm sure that plenty of folks in Australia and New Zealand think those countries handled the pandemic "well", but it would take a fair bit of persuading to get me to agree.  In Singapore's case, I'm not sure what you base your opinion on, so I'm not necessarily disagreeing with it.

1 hour ago, Rompho Ray said:

To be very honest, although I know that HPV causes cervical cancer in women, I'm a bit less clear on what sort of cancer risk there is for men.  Also, what's the risk of passing HPV along to a partner, especially if the man doesn't presently have the outward signs of infection (to put it delicately)?

That's the key to doing the risk/benefit tradeoff in your case I think.

https://health.clevelandclinic.org/throat-cancers-link-oral-sex-know/

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Bazle said:

Blimey.....

I was diagnosed and treated for throat cancer nearly 4 years ago.

Apart from smoking, looking back, I have performed my fair share of cunnilingus (also known as gnawing the beef curtains)

I recently read an article about Michael Douglas, who claimed that his throat cancer was very likely to have been caused by his history of performing oral sex. 

Yet another pleasure to cross off the list. 😒

• Sad 1

Many years ago, a work colleague was diagnosed with anal cancer and they gave him several courses of radiotherapy and chemotherapy over 2 years or so, which didn’t do much. Apparently, the Consultant put it down to the HPV virus he’d had in his late 30’s

Eventually, they started cutting parts of the area around his ahole off,  taking more each operation, until finally, they gave him a full colostomy with all the trimmings. He lasted another 2 years with his wife nursing him day and night. 
What a bloody awful way to go. 😟

• Confused 1
  • Sad 3
  • Surprised 1

53 minutes ago, KhunDon said:

Many years ago, a work colleague was diagnosed with anal cancer and they gave him several courses of radiotherapy and chemotherapy over 2 years or so, which didn’t do much. Apparently, the Consultant put it down to the HPV virus he’d had in his late 30’s

Eventually, they started cutting parts of the area around his ahole off,  taking more each operation, until finally, they gave him a full colostomy with all the trimmings. He lasted another 2 years with his wife nursing him day and night. 
What a bloody awful way to go. 😟

That sounds terrible. I should count myself lucky. Very sad indeed. Life can be a real bitch.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Nightcrawler said:

I am seriously considering having the BCG vaccine against catching Leprosy. Is this advisable? 🙂

I've had 26 doses of BCG vaccine and haven't caught leprosy yet.

N.B. I'm not a health care professional.

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, Rompho Ray said:

Any explanation for the fact that the CDC changed their definition of "vaccine" multiple times, but only eliminated claims of "sterilizing immunity" after it was discovered that the BSF vaccines didn't work?

2012:

Http://web.archive.Org/web/20120710132002/Https://Www.cdc.Gov/vaccines/vac-gen/imz-basics.Htm

Immunization: The process by which a person or animal becomes protected against a disease. This term is often used interchangeably with vaccination or inoculation.

Vaccination: Injection of a killed or weakened infectious organism in order to prevent the disease.

Vaccine: A product that produces immunity therefore protecting the body from the disease. Vaccines are administered through needle injections, by mouth and by aerosol.

2015:

Http://Web.archive.Org/web/20150214043055/Https://Www.cdc.Gov/vaccines/vac-gen/imz-basics.Htm

Immunity: Protection from an infectious disease. If you are immune to a disease, you can be exposed to it without becoming infected.

Vaccine: A product that stimulates a person’s immune system to produce immunity to a specific disease, protecting the person from that disease. Vaccines are usually administered through needle injections, but can also be administered by mouth or sprayed into the nose.

Vaccination: The act of introducing a vaccine into the body to produce immunity to a specific disease.

Immunization: A process by which a person becomes protected against a disease through vaccination. This term is often used interchangeably with vaccination or inoculation.

Prior to August, 2021:

Http://web.archive.Org/web/20210826113846/Https:/Www.cdc.Gov/vaccines/vac-gen/imz-basics.Htm

Vaccine: A product that stimulates a person’s immune system to produce immunity to a specific disease, protecting the person from that disease. Vaccines are usually administered through needle injections, but can also be administered by mouth or sprayed into the nose.

Vaccination: The act of introducing a vaccine into the body to produce immunity to a specific disease.

Current as of September 2021:

Vaccine: A preparation that is used to stimulate the body’s immune response against diseases. Vaccines are usually administered through needle injections, but some can be administered by mouth or sprayed into the nose.

Vaccination: The act of introducing a vaccine into the body to produce protection from a specific disease.

Maybe this will help:

Https://technofog.substack.Com/p/cdc-emails-our-definition-of-vaccine

"CDC emails we obtained via the Freedom of Information Act reveal CDC worries with how the performance of the COVID-19 vaccines didn’t match the CDC’s own definition of 'vaccine'/'vaccination'. The CDC’s Ministry of Truth went hard at work in the face of legitimate public questions on this issue.

In one August 2021 e-mail, a CDC employee cited to complaints that 'Right-wing covid-19 deniers are using your ‘vaccine’ definition to argue that mRNA vaccines are not vaccines…'"

More at link.  

Given that your source was written during this time period, I assume you understand that it could be part of the same public relations effort, and have nothing to do with real science?

If you don't, I suppose you may be right:  There is no point in us discussing this.

Also, looking at your article, it's clearly gibberish.  To take just one example, it says:

"Sterilizing immunity is extremely rare and may even be impossible to demonstrate. This is because it is difficult to identify people who have been infected when they do not show any symptoms."

This is complete nonsense.  First, you can't "identify people who have been infected" quite simply because NOBODY GETS INFECTED IF THEY HAVE STERILIZING IMMUNITY.  Also, you identify people who SHOULD have been infected by PURPOSELY EXPOSING THEM TO THE ANTIGEN, then testing if they develop an infection, or if they exhibit an immune response.  Further, you don't identify people who might be infected by checking if they have symptoms, you check for the presence of the antigen or antibodies in his blood.

However, they ARE kind enough to admit that I was right in saying that there can be no such thing as a "vaccine" against the Bat Soup Flu:

"Sterilizing immunity also is not associated with viruses that attack the mucous membranes (the tissue lining body cavities such as respiratory passages), like SARS-CoV-2."

Correct.  Given that the correct definition of "vaccine" (which everyone used until the inconvenient truth came out) is that it prevents infection, i.e. provides sterilizing immunity, the Bat Soup Flu "vaccines" DON'T WORK, AND CAN'T WORK.

Now, if you're still with me, it's well known what happens if you "vaccinate" people with potions that don't provide sterilizing immunity:  It makes antigens mutate until they can't be controlled by the "vaccine".  However, often the body's immune response is locked onto the original antigen, which epidemiologists call "original antigenic sin".  And that appears to explain why the Omicron variant completely evaded the "vaccines", resulting in the need for "multivalent" "vaccines", and 23,409,867,358,280,954,820 "boosters".

https://www.news-medical.net/news/20230113/Recent-findings-on-original-antigenic-sin-and-SARS-CoV-2.aspx

"Due to OAS, neutralizing antibody (nAb) titers adequate to cross-neutralize yet-to-emerge SARS-CoV-2 variants might be attained for a brief period, post-vaccination or boosting with original S antigens. Moreover, homologous boosting of S antigen-specific responses by recurrent vaccination or reinfections by ancestral strains might trigger their immune imprinting resulting in an OAS-like response upon exposure to new variants. Likewise, the relatively attenuated response of vaccinated individuals infected with the Delta/Alpha variants upon exposure to variant-specific epitopes might be due to OAS.

On the other hand, hybrid immunity acquired by vaccination and infection raises the overall nAb titers that neutralize SARS-CoV-2 variants, including Omicron, compared with vaccination. Thus, mild breakthrough infections might offer adequate immune protection against circulating and future SARS-CoV-2 variants. However, relying alone on this protection poses risks for high-risk populations, such as immunocompromised individuals."

So, not only do the "vaccines" not work, they are in fact harmful to populations who take them because they force mutation of the virus while impeding or preventing the body from establishing a broad spectrum immunity to variants of the original antigen.

In layman's terms:  Dat ain't good.

TL;DR

It is pointless discussing great circle routes with a flat earther, the seasons with a fundamentalist who thinks the earth is the centre of the universe, the metric system with Americans or immunology/vaccinology with someone who thinks a vaccine must provide sterilizing immunity before it can be considered as having "worked". They also probably think an epitope and an epictoke are just variants.

19 minutes ago, fygjam said:

It is pointless discussing great circle routes with a flat earther...etc.

Agree.  If you decide to consider information from outside the flat earth of your government-dictated preconceptions, feel free to get back to me. 

Much before that, sure, believe everything your government told you.  After all, they have no reason to mislead you.  Or any other sheep.  That has always worked out well.

10 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

I hadn't looked into it before, but a search on recent studies comparing SARS to Covid came up with this.

SARS-CoV-2 before and after Omicron: two different viruses and two different diseases?

I'll not attempt to quote selected text from the study as the study makes for an interesting read as a whole. But as the title implies, SARS compared to COVID is, in some respects, an apples to oranges comparison.

I'll quote selected text from the paper.

Furthermore, in a record time during 2020, extremely safe and effective mRNA vaccines against COVID-19 were developed.

Yes, SARS and Covid is an apples and oranges comparison.

SARS is part of the name given to some members of the corona virus family.

Covid is the name given to the disease which can arise from infection with the SARS-CoV-2 virus (Covid-19 specifically).

Unfortunately they have become interchangeable in some circles.

11 minutes ago, Rompho Ray said:

Agree.  If you decide to consider information from outside the flat earth of your government-dictated preconceptions, feel free to get back to me. 

Much before that, sure, believe everything your government told you.  After all, they have no reason to mislead you.  Or any other sheep.  That has always worked out well.

It's all gummymint propaganda. The hallmark of a dyed in the wool conspiracy theorist.

That's why I get my information from scientists engaged in the field.

36 minutes ago, fygjam said:

It's all gummymint propaganda. The hallmark of a dyed in the wool conspiracy theorist.

I don't have a deep enough understanding of most fields, so I would be hesitant to rely on any old scientist engaged in the field. I've found that some so called scientists have a personal or political agenda that renders their conclusions suspect. My preference would be to rely on peer reviewed published studies.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

I don't have a deep enough understanding of most fields, so I would be hesitant to rely on any old scientist engaged in the field. I've found that some so called scientists have a personal or political agenda that renders their conclusions suspect. My preference would be to rely on peer reviewed published studies.

Quite right, you do have to pick your scientists and via their published papers is one way to find out their thinking.

Unfortunately during the pano so many were writing their own papers or were suffering from review burnout that many papers were not reviewed.

If you're interested, one source I did use during the pano (although no so much recently) is TWIV. (This week in virology)

https://www.microbe.tv/twiv/

You can check the panellists under people to see if they meet your standards.

A panel discussion of recently published papers quite often with some of the authors.

You can also take Vincent Racaniello's virology course which he teaches at Columbia, on YouTube.

(I took the 2020 course just as they were discovering some new virus coming out of China)

Edited by fygjam

10 hours ago, fygjam said:

SARS stands for "sudden acute respiratory syndrome".  It's the disease, not the virus.

https://www.cdc.gov/sars/index.html

I suppose you must know better than I do about that.  I deal only in facts, to which I provide links.

Like the ones getting paid royalties from the drug companies to push vaccine propaganda?

https://abc7amarillo.com/news/nation-world/rand-paul-and-fauci-clash-over-nih-royalties-we-are-going-to-learn-about-it

Look, you can believe anything you want.  Mangosteen is dead, and I'm really not arsed about what people think.  I simply do my research, collect the facts, and make my decisions accordingly.

Sometimes I share the results of my research with interested people.  People are free to take an interest in the facts, including the ones that are contrary to what's being pushed by governments and the LMSM, or not, at their pleasure.  Silly attempts at "insult" by people who aren't especially good at it are boring, and have nothing to do with facts.

I have provided a wealth of data on this thread that presents a plausible alternative to the government/LMSM/pharma industry narrative.  People who are interested in facts, especially in consideration of the fact that they have put into their bodies experimental, untested "vaccines", may find the data interesting.  Everyone else is free to ignore my posts and believe anything that makes them comfortable.

Have a nice day.

Covid is the name given to the disease which can arise from infection with the SARS-CoV-2 virus (Covid-19 specifically).

20 minutes ago, Rompho Ray said:

SARS stands for "sudden acute respiratory syndrome".  It's the disease, not the virus.

https://www.cdc.gov/sars/index.html

I suppose you must know better than I do about that.  I deal only in facts, to which I provide links.

Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) is an infectious disease caused by the SARS-CoV-2 virus.

https://www.who.int/health-topics/coronavirus#tab=tab_1

Don't you get tired of being wrong all the time?