COVID 19 GLOBAL

grayray

Funny thing is when I post something thats takes an effort to read, or to elaborate an answer, nobody answers...

Now, when I post some rubbish I am sure to have a reply....😂😂😂😂😂😁😁😁😁  i need to adapt to the readers level ? 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Thai Spice said:

Funny thing is when I post something thats takes an effort to read, or to elaborate an answer, nobody answers...

Now, when I post some rubbish I am sure to have a reply....😂😂😂😂😂😁😁😁😁  i need to adapt to the readers level ? 

Post enough rubbish and that's how you'll be judged!

1 hour ago, fygjam said:

And now for something a bit more serious for those who think Covid-19 is a bit more than just the flu.

After the introductions and weather reports more informed comments by Dr. Daniel Griffin, well worth the listen.

The main takeaway. It's not the initial virus infection that's the problem it's the post infection inflammation. Including those that have almost no symptoms then in week 2 or week 3 having coagulation problems with blood clots in the legs, lungs, arteries.

Daniel Griffin provides his weekly update on the COVID-19 clinical situation, followed by our discussion of tests of an inactivated vaccine, results of serological surveys, an inhibitor of the cell protease needed for virus entry, and answers to listener questions.

2 hours ago, fygjam said:

And now for something a bit more serious for those who think Covid-19 is a bit more than just the flu.

After the introductions and weather reports more informed comments by Dr. Daniel Griffin, well worth the listen.

The main takeaway. It's not the initial virus infection that's the problem it's the post infection inflammation. Including those that have almost no symptoms then in week 2 or week 3 having coagulation problems with blood clots in the legs, lungs, arteries.

Daniel Griffin provides his weekly update on the COVID-19 clinical situation, followed by our discussion of tests of an inactivated vaccine, results of serological surveys, an inhibitor of the cell protease needed for virus entry, and answers to listener questions.

great discussion ...thanks

On 4/26/2020 at 4:51 AM, Zeb said:

Dozens of pastors across the Bible Belt have succumbed to coronavirus after churches and televangelists played down the pandemic and actively encouraged churchgoers to flout self-distancing guidelines.

As many as 30 church leaders from the nation’s largest African American Pentecostal denomination have now been confirmed to have died in the outbreak, as members defied public health warnings to avoid large gatherings to prevent transmitting the virus.

Deaths across the US in areas where the Church of God in Christ has a presence have reportedly stemmed from funerals and other meetings among clergy and other church staff held during the pandemic.

The tragedy among one of the largest black Pentecostal groups follows a message of defiance from many American churches, particularly conservative Christian groups, to ignore state and local government mandates against group gatherings, with police increasingly called in to enforce the bans and hold preachers accountable.

The virus has had a wildly disproportionate impact among black congregations, many of which have relied on group worship.

Yet despite the climbing death toll, many US church leaders throughout the Bible Belt have not only continued to hold services but have urged worshippers to continue paying tithes — including recent stimulus checks — to support their mission.

Bishop Gerald Glenn, founder and leader since 1995 of the New Deliverance Evangelistic Church in Chesterfield, Virginia, was the first black chaplain of the town’s police. He had vowed to continue preaching “unless I’m in jail or the hospital” before his death from coronavirus earlier this month.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/bible-belt-us-coronavirus-pandemic-pastors-church-a9481226.html

He vowed to continue preaching “Unless I’m in jail or hospital”.

God moves in mysterious ways. 🤔

• Haha 2

35 minutes ago, KhunDon said:

He vowed to continue preaching “Unless I’m in jail or hospital”.

God moves in mysterious ways. 🤔

One on the senior Iranian clerics died early last month.

In one his harangues captured on film, he told the faithful that they needed to fear God not the Virus. Interesting how this crisis has shown how much bigots from seemingly opposite ends of religious and political divides have in common.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

COVID-19 is starting to create havoc in the US food supply chain. Some of the largest slaughterhouses have been forced to shut down due to workers contracting the virus.

This news will likely create panic buying at grocery stores and big box food outlets.

Story:

'The food supply chain is breaking,' Tyson says as plants close

...US farmers don't have anywhere to sell their livestock, he said, adding that "millions of animals — chickens, pigs and cattle — will be depopulated because of the closure of our processing facilities."

"There will be limited supply of our products available in grocery stores until we are able to reopen our facilities that are currently closed," Tyson wrote...

...Pork processing plants have been hit especially hard, with three of the largest in the United States going offline indefinitely— Smithfield Foods in Sioux Falls, South Dakota; JBS pork processing in Worthington, Minnesota; and the Tyson plant in Waterloo, Iowa. Together, the three plants account for approximately 15% of pork production.

source: https://edition.cnn.com/2020/04/26/business/tyson-foods-nyt-ad/index.html

• Great Info 1

On 4/27/2020 at 8:50 PM, lazarus said:

COVID-19 is starting to create havoc in the US food supply chain. Some of the largest slaughterhouses have been forced to shut down due to workers contracting the virus.

This news will likely create panic buying at grocery stores and big box food outlets.

Story:

'The food supply chain is breaking,' Tyson says as plants close

...US farmers don't have anywhere to sell their livestock, he said, adding that "millions of animals — chickens, pigs and cattle — will be depopulated because of the closure of our processing facilities."

"There will be limited supply of our products available in grocery stores until we are able to reopen our facilities that are currently closed," Tyson wrote...

...Pork processing plants have been hit especially hard, with three of the largest in the United States going offline indefinitely— Smithfield Foods in Sioux Falls, South Dakota; JBS pork processing in Worthington, Minnesota; and the Tyson plant in Waterloo, Iowa. Together, the three plants account for approximately 15% of pork production.

source: https://edition.cnn.com/2020/04/26/business/tyson-foods-nyt-ad/index.html

Edited by fforest
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, fforest said:

This is all by design its no accident.....I have been hearing plenty of reports of the government offering farmers big money in the USA to quit farming....How far they want to take this is a question?....But they do seem to want things to get a fair bit worse.... 

"plenty of reports"...?   Such as?

This particular story is about livestock. Pigs, steers, chicken, etc.

Stories about dairy, produce, etc. -- losing their market, especially restaurants & schools -- are all over the media.

Besides, the US gov'mint always pays farmers not to farm. Subsidies are a big part of the "pork" that farm state politicians deliver to their constituents.

"...In 2017, American farmers received $11.5 billion in subsidies, 15.3% of $75.1 billion in total net farm income..."

see: https://usafacts.org/articles/federal-farm-subsidies-what-data-says/

On 4/27/2020 at 9:12 PM, lazarus said:

"plenty of reports"...?   Such as?

This particular story is about livestock. Pigs, steers, chicken, etc.

Stories about dairy, produce, etc. -- losing their market, especially restaurants & schools -- are all over the media.

Besides, the US gov'mint always pays farmers not to farm. Subsidies are a big part of the "pork" that farm state politicians deliver to their constituents.

"...In 2017, American farmers received $11.5 billion in subsidies, 15.3% of $75.1 billion in total net farm income..."

see: https://usafacts.org/articles/federal-farm-subsidies-what-data-says/

....lol

Edited by fforest
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, lazarus said:

19 minutes ago, fforest said:

This is all by design its no accident.....I have been hearing plenty of reports of the government offering farmers big money in the USA to quit farming....How far they want to take this is a question?....But they do seem to want things to get a fair bit worse.... 

And whatever happens in America the rest of the world will not be far behind...

It's a plot to turn America Muslim!

• Haha 3

"However, we are definitely starting to see a turning of the tide in some areas, with some blatantly ignoring the reason why we have been in a lockdown situation for the past five weeks and making a decision to no longer stay home and save lives," he said

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-york-north-yorkshire-52442573

Seriously, what is the harm in members of the same household driving to a beauty spot for exercise! This is getting beyond absurd now.

326726904_BirminghamLibe.JPG.d3676a3907bf5edf387ad23819e556bf.JPG

Birmingham's Nightingale coronavirus hospital 
to remain open despite having no patients

Boris Johnson's spokesman says the hospital is needed in case there is a 'surge' in coronavirus cases

The Birmingham Nightingale Hospital is to remain open even though it hasn't had any coronavirus patients so far, Boris Johnson's spokesman says.

The hospital, at the NEC, was built specially for patients suffering because of the covid-19 coronavirus.

And it's still needed in case there is a "surge" in new cases, the spokesman said.

The Birmingham Nightingale has not admitted any patients so far. This is because existing hospitals in the region have been able to cope with the number of patients requiring intensive care.

This was portrayed as good news by Andy Street, the Mayor of the West Midlands, who said on Twitter: "Nightingale Birmingham remains empty & long may it continue."

It raises questions about whether the Birmingham Nightingale will ever be needed. But Mr Johnson's spokesman confirmed it will remain open.

Asked about the Birmingham hospital, the spokesman said; "They are there for surge capacity. I think all involved have said it's a good thing that they are not having to be used.

"But we still think it's a sensible precautionary step to have them ready and able to take patients should they be needed."

The pop-up hospital, led by the University Hospitals Birmingham NHS Foundation Trust (UHB)m is providing an initial 500 fully-equipped beds to support patients with COVID-19, who may no longer need intensive hospital care.

The facility, situated at the National Exhibition Centre, near Birmingham International Airport, can also scale up quickly to 4,000 beds.

The hospital was operational four days before it was officially declared open by Prince William on April 16.

(LINK)

Edited by Evil Penevil
  • Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, fforest said:

You are correct the US government has paid farmers not to farm for a long time but they have been really ramping up the that pay farmers not to farm program...And when I say farmers I mean ranchers too...

I dont want to supply any sources......Everyone made fun of Jake-the- asshole....lol

🤣 

Quality!

3 minutes ago, Evil Penevil said:

326726904_BirminghamLibe.JPG.d3676a3907bf5edf387ad23819e556bf.JPG

Birmingham's Nightingale coronavirus hospital 
to remain open despite having no patients

Boris Johnson's spokesman says the hospital is needed in case there is a 'surge' in coronavirus cases

The Birmingham Nightingale Hospital is to remain open even though it hasn't had any coronavirus patients so far, Boris Johnson's spokesman says.

The hospital, at the NEC, was built specially for patients suffering because of the covid-19 coronavirus.

And it's still needed in case there is a "surge" in new cases, the spokesman said.

The Birmingham Nightingale has not admitted any patients so far. This is because existing hospitals in the region have been able to cope with the number of patients requiring intensive care.

This was portrayed as good news by Andy Street, the Mayor of the West Midlands, who said on Twitter: "Nightingale Birmingham remains empty & long may it continue."

It raises questions about whether the Birmingham Nightingale will ever be needed. But Mr Johnson's spokesman confirmed it will remain open.

Asked about the Birmingham hospital, the spokesman said; "They are there for surge capacity. I think all involved have said it's a good thing that they are not having to be used.

"But we still think it's a sensible precautionary step to have them ready and able to take patients should they be needed."

The pop-up hospital, led by the University Hospitals Birmingham NHS Foundation Trust (UHB)m is providing an initial 500 fully-equipped beds to support patients with COVID-19, who may no longer need intensive hospital care.

The facility, situated at the National Exhibition Centre, near Birmingham International Airport, can also scale up quickly to 4,000 beds.

The hospital was operational four days before it was officially declared open by Prince William on April 16.

(LINK)

It's not the only one sitting empty with little or no patients.

This is what happens when the government caves to the blubbering hysteria of the media.  

NYT.JPG

Vanquish the Virus? Australia and New Zealand Aim to Show the Way

The two countries, led by ideological opposites, are converging on an extraordinary goal: eliminating the virus. Their nonpolitical approach is restoring trust in democracy.

Credit...Matthew Abbott for The New York Times

SYDNEY, Australia — Thousands of miles from President Trump’s combative news briefings, a conservative leader in Australia and a progressive prime minister in New Zealand are steadily guiding their countries toward a rapid suppression of the coronavirus outbreak.

Both nations are now reporting just a handful of new infections each day, down from hundreds in March, and they are converging toward an extraordinary goal: completely eliminating the virus from their island nations.

Whether they get to zero or not, what Australia and New Zealand have already accomplished is a remarkable cause for hope. Scott Morrison of Australia, a conservative Christian, and Jacinda Ardern, New Zealand’s darling of the left, are both succeeding with throwback democracy — in which partisanship recedes, experts lead, and quiet coordination matters more than firing up the base.

(READ MORE)

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Evil Penevil said:

Are the members of Thailand-247small.jpg as tough an audience as in the Bronx?

Evil

coronasmaller.jpg

That sign is absolutely fantastic 👍. Too too tough for London, most people are great but this bit from the sign should be on prominent display😀

"Buy your shit and leave immediately"

Saturday in a relatively small Marks & Spencer supermarket (they were only letting about 10 people in the shop at time, more of a mini-mart really). A lady pulled a paper off the rack and proceeded to begin reading it, with no intention of buying it. She was at a real bottleneck,  no one could get by, and keep a distance so after about a minute I asked her politely whether I could get to the rack to pick up a paper. to buy it

5 Mins later my basket is packed with non-essentials, and I'm onto the key part of buying the beers. By that time said lady is stood right in front of the beers, making a f****** mobile call.

Think she must have realised from my look of death that moving away from the ale was the way forward😀

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1