COVID 19 GLOBAL

grayray

Coronavirus: Trump claims ‘dangerous’ suggestions to kill the virus were sarcastic

President Trump has claimed was being sarcastic when he made an outlandish suggestion that injecting disinfectant could kill the coronavirus.

pinocchio_12.png

• Haha 1

Ryan Struyk‏Verified account @ryanstruyk

Reported US coronavirus cases:

8 weeks ago: 64 cases
7 weeks ago: 332 cases
6 weeks ago: 2,204 cases
5 weeks ago: 18,763 cases
4 weeks ago: 101,242 cases
3 weeks ago: 277,953 cases
2 weeks ago: 501,301 cases
1 weeks ago: 701,475 cases
Right now: 890,524 cases

Reported US coronavirus deaths:

8 weeks ago: 0 deaths
7 weeks ago: 17 deaths
6 weeks ago: 49 deaths
5 weeks ago: 249 deaths
4 weeks ago: 1,588 deaths
3 weeks ago: 7,152 deaths
2 weeks ago: 18,758 deaths
1 week ago: 37,054 deaths
Right now: 51,017 deaths

Feb. 24: 53 cases
Mar. 24: 52,976 cases
Apr. 24: 890,524 cases

Feb. 24: 0 deaths
Mar. 24: 704 deaths
Apr. 24: 51,017 deaths

5 hours ago, Zeb said:

Ryan Struyk‏Verified account @ryanstruyk

8 weeks ago: 64 cases
7 weeks ago: 332 cases
6 weeks ago: 2,204 cases
5 weeks ago: 18,763 cases
4 weeks ago: 101,242 cases
3 weeks ago: 277,953 cases
2 weeks ago: 501,301 cases
1 weeks ago: 701,475 cases
Right now: 890,524 cases

8 weeks ago: 0 deaths
7 weeks ago: 17 deaths
6 weeks ago: 49 deaths
5 weeks ago: 249 deaths
4 weeks ago: 1,588 deaths
3 weeks ago: 7,152 deaths
2 weeks ago: 18,758 deaths
1 week ago: 37,054 deaths
Right now: 51,017 deaths

Feb. 24: 53 cases
Mar. 24: 52,976 cases
Apr. 24: 890,524 cases

Feb. 24: 0 deaths
Mar. 24: 704 deaths
Apr. 24: 51,017 deaths

Some seriously big jumps there from month to month, and no levelling off as yet. Though that's the overall number, not the individual state numbers, with some probably levelling off.

55 minutes ago, Krapow said:

Some seriously big jumps there from month to month, and no levelling off as yet. Though that's the overall number, not the individual state numbers, with some probably levelling off.

US data by state:

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/cases-updates/cases-in-us.html

Chart:
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/coronavirus/country/united-states/

Capturestata.JPG

15 minutes ago, Krapow said:

Just back from me letting my girls out on their 'Stay sane Saturday' stroll. 

Down to Ridley Road market, they're doing social distancing at the market as you can see. 

Then off to Gillette Square, got me some curry goat, ackee and saltfish, and some dumplings. £20 for the lot, cook our own rice. Get 4 meals outta that easy. Lovely jubly!

As I thought, was more people about again. But as @nampla69 said a few pages back, it's still here especially in this area and infecting people, he only found out his mate seriously ill from it. 

Hence me still taking precautions, especially with my girls. 

IMAG1618.jpg

IMAG1616.jpg

IMAG1619.jpg

That for me is the way forward.

Getting out and about but socially distancing and taking precautions such as face masks and washing hands more often. Makes complete sense to me.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, dcfc2007 said:

That for me is the way forward.

Getting out and about but socially distancing and taking precautions such as face masks and washing hands more often. Makes complete sense to me.

You've not been to Ridley Road Market or Gillet Square lately mate have ya ?? .... that is the queue to get in ....... once in different story, I love it !!

and Gillet Square is great daytime ...... nighttime packed with druggies, old Ganjafreaks shouting at themselves, wino and cider boys and those are the good guys !!!

• Haha 1

Geez, it's not just the fat old farts (over 60) that should be worrying...

COVID-19 Linked to Large Vessel Stroke in Young Adults

"Physicians in New York City, which still leads the nation in reported COVID-19 cases, are reporting significantly more acute, large vessel strokes in young adults infected with COVID-19.

In a rapid communication to be published online April 29 in the New England Journal of Medicine, investigators led by Thomas Oxley, MD, PhD, department of neurosurgery, Mount Sinai Health System, report five cases of large vessel stroke over a 2-week period in COVID-19 patients under age 50 years. This represents a sevenfold increase in what would normally be expected.

The five cases had either no, or mild, COVID-19 symptoms...

...Oxley and colleagues dedicate their report to "our inspiring colleague Gary Sclar, MD, a stroke physician who succumbed to COVID-19 while caring for his patients."..."

https://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/929345

• Great Info 1

39 minutes ago, Krapow said:

Just back from me letting my girls out on their 'Stay sane Saturday' stroll. 

Down to Ridley Road market, they're doing social distancing at the market as you can see. 

Then off to Gillette Square, got me some curry goat, ackee and saltfish, and some dumplings. £20 for the lot, cook our own rice. Get 4 meals outta that easy. Lovely jubly!

As I thought, was more people about again. But as @nampla69 said a few pages back, it's still here especially in this area and infecting people, he only found out his mate seriously ill from it. 

Hence me still taking precautions, especially with my girls. 

IMAG1618.jpg

IMAG1616.jpg

IMAG1619.jpg

Looks great .... keep walking past Ridley turn right on Balls Pond Road 200 yards up on the right best Caribbean takeaway in London ..... Pepper and Spice.

Day and night crowds lining up and that was before any corona. Oxtail stew in cold weather is heaven and best saltfish and ackee patties too.

Enjoy ...

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Yessongs said:

Still a great thread gents, good info, I wonder if Tommy Lee had some help writing his letter to the Donald? Probably Nikki Sixx helped him LOL! 

Yeah wifey and I are trying to get out a bit more, other then going to the park and to the High School to jog. Wish we had some open markets here, but not too many really. 

Yesterday went over to the " Rose Garden" as this is the time of year about 80% of the Roses are in bloom.  She likes flowers and plants and this was a good day for that, 80 degrees and spring is here in good old Calif. Guys were out there taking pics of their wives/GF's etc. 6 foot social distancing was well in play, after we were done, our masks went back on.

About 30 minutes into walking around there, 2 Hispanic girls passed us and they asked my wife if I could take a few pics of them?  Jesus, they were fine, dressed to the "nines"...good lord.😎

I will be so glad when this is over......until then, stay safe gentlemen. 

@Krapow Ok what is ackee? 

IMG_0407.jpg

IMG_0408.jpg

IMG_0415.jpg

IMG_0452.jpg

IMG_0456.jpg

IMG_0481.jpg

IMG_0482.jpg

IMG_0494.jpg

IMG_0501.jpg

IMG_0506.jpg

Nice flower right there.👍

• Like 2

Nice pics Yessongs looks delightful ..... as Steelers says Jamaica's national dish. I believe it is illegal in US ... am I right.???

Not because you can smoke it but because it can cause vomiting 'Jamaican vomiting'.

Lovely with sailfish and callaloo ....... next what is callaloo ....

Unknown.jpeg

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Zeb said:

@katelinthicum
·
9h
The coronavirus has upended the fentanyl trade, cutting into the profits of Mexican traffickers and driving up street drug prices across the US.

The reason why?

Most of the chemicals used to make fentanyl came from one place: Wuhan, China.

Every cloud and all that. 👍

3 hours ago, nampla69 said:

You've not been to Ridley Road Market or Gillet Square lately mate have ya ?? .... that is the queue to get in ....... once in different story, I love it !!

and Gillet Square is great daytime ...... nighttime packed with druggies, old Ganjafreaks shouting at themselves, wino and cider boys and those are the good guys !!!

Yea, we didn't 'go in', I just use the fishmongers to the right where the pic was taken, been using them for years and years, good lads. Get me my fresh prawns, squid etc for krapows!

'Old Ganjafreaks shouting at themselves' 🤣 Brilliant, and so true lol

3 hours ago, nampla69 said:

Looks great .... keep walking past Ridley turn right on Balls Pond Road 200 yards up on the right best Caribbean takeaway in London ..... Pepper and Spice.

Day and night crowds lining up and that was before any corona. Oxtail stew in cold weather is heaven and best saltfish and ackee patties too.

Enjoy ...

Know it well!

Back in the day before I became more of a desk jockey, and was out 'pounding the beat' more, we'd use it regular, great patties!

But as you say, even in 'normal' times the queues were hectic, f**k knows what they're like now. Too dodgy!

• Thumbs Up 1

So Boris is back 'to work' on Monday.

Hopefully we'll get some sort of clarity, at least a plan, if not concrete timescales for no doubt a phased exiting of lockdown.

Though early rumours are he's gonna to be very cautious about it.