COVID 19 GLOBAL

grayray

10 minutes ago, dcfc2007 said:

Ricky Gervais absolutely roasting celebrities for lecturing people and Covid.

Fairplay he is , but at the same time he is still getting interviewed and saying "Look at me I'm still a man of the people" 

Lost the plot the lot of the cunts.

Give to the NHS or homeless / people starving if you care so much not bang on about the wrongdoings of everyone else.

Edited by roomark
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, roomark said:

Fairplay he is , but at the same time he is still getting interviewed and saying "Look at me I'm still a man of the people" 

Lost the plot the lot of the cunts.

Give to the NHS or homeless / people starving if you care so much not bang on about the wrongdoings of everyone else.

TBF mate he does give a lot to charity.

I don't think he claims to be a man of the people as such, I think he can just read the room, he knows people are fed up of being lectured.

It's like that prick Richard Branson begging for a bailout out of his business and he doesn't even pay tax in this country.

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, Kathmandu said:

As if lol. If anything deaths are massively under- reported...well USA anyway. Thousands dead in their homes. The stink will soon root them out.

In the UK death figures given are only those who died in hospital with Covid19 on the Death Cert, so not those who died in Care Homes or in the community.

Was a big kick up about it a few days ago, they reckon the numbers are 1000's more than the numbers being given. 

6 hours ago, fforest said:

You guys may laugh but look how often you see the number 33 or 66 pop up with amazing frequency with any Corona news story.......

There were 33 new Corona cases today or 33 deaths or a 66% raise in the number of infections or 66% of people are out of work bla bla bla it just goes on and on and on and has from day #1 of this shit show....

I know I shouldn't ask, but in your opinion, what's the significance of the 33 and 66 numbers then? 

1 hour ago, Krapow said:

I know I shouldn't ask, but in your opinion, what's the significance of the 33 and 66 numbers then? 

33 is a semiprime (the product of 2 prime numbers) but it's a bit too small to be of any use in cryptography.

14 minutes ago, fatbhoytim said:

Sturgeon on the telly again, telling us now to wear "face coverings" then admits they do not know if they are effective, but wear them anyway. What next ? Wire brush and Dettol ??

NOT A FUCKIN CLUE

Trump's pretty much taking credit for that idea already 😬

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Thai Spice said:

I am sure that a lot of various deaths are attributed to the Corona thing.

And yep, I read also about this higher reimbursement for Corona deaths in the US. 

Hence, I repeat for the 100th time, only the global death count variations with same period (week /month) of previous years is a reliable indicator.

I doubt that any 1st world country burries 1000's of deaths incognito at night in mass graves....

Population demographics are closely followed in any decent country.

Plus ... the hospitals get another 20% added to the hospital bill for any patients treated for the Wuhan virus ....

" greed talks .. statistics walk "

• Like 2
  • Great Info 1

46 minutes ago, fatbhoytim said:

Sturgeon on the telly again, telling us now to wear "face coverings" then admits they do not know if they are effective, but wear them anyway. What next ? Wire brush and Dettol ??

NOT A FUCKIN CLUE

I switch off as soon as she comes on, she really is hopeless. 

• Thumbs Up 3

4 hours ago, dcfc2007 said:

It's like that prick Richard Branson begging for a bailout out of his business and he doesn't even pay tax in this country.

Yea, I read about this .. WTF ... the guy owns his own island ... LOL

Do you think the government will give him the money ?  I mean .. lol ... " his business is to big to fail" .....

1 minute ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

Yea, I read about this .. WTF ... the guy owns his own island ... LOL

Do you think the government will give him the money ?  I mean .. lol ... " his business is to big to fail" .....

The aussies have told him to do one.

No doubt in my mind the UK govt will give him money as the UK govt gives anyone and everyone money, whether they are fake child refugees or brutal African dictators. 

He should try and raise money from private investors, if that fails he can put his own money were his mouth is, I don't see why the taxpayer should cough to save his business.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Seems like the mortality information is getting muddled somewhere along the way in Indo...
I do see that they have "34" provinces...

"Indonesia: More than 2,200 died with coronavirus-like symptoms"
Reuters review of data from 16 of Indonesia's 34 provinces suggests COVID-19 deaths far higher than official toll.

"More than 2,200 Indonesians have died with acute symptoms of COVID-19 but were not recorded as victims of the disease, a Reuters review of data from 16 of the country's 34 provinces showed.

Three medical experts said the figures indicated the national death toll was likely to be much higher than the official figure of 765..."

story: https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020/04/indonesia-2200-died-coronavirus-symptoms-200428051950350.html?fbclid=IwAR02pqf5UFcM9CPG9ZD4NTljeR5jTrP0En7XYQ9dHgS6sjqbW69sau3tE48

d48fdf6949a44f8d8571f2782b03b5f1_18.jpg

When pressed about when Australians would be allowed to travel overseas again, Mr Birmingham advised residents to focus on holidaying closer to home.

He said: "There may be a slightly earlier point in time where it becomes feasible to think about domestic travel again.

"We're not there yet but certainly this time is a good time for a bit of dreaming, planning, thinking about the Aussie break that you might take when we finally get to the other side of this."

Australian Tourism Export Council managing director Peter Shelley told the Sydney Morning Herald that it would be "quite a while" before Australia's foreign travel businesses recovered.

He said: "We'd be optimistic about something happening in the fourth quarter of this year but, really, it's probably toward the end of the year or the start of next year."

https://www.thesun.co.uk/travel/11387042/australia-closed-tourists-coronavirus/

Aussie ministers saying that international flights may be banned until the end of 2020 or early 2021. 

I think that is looking like a realistic timeline for the resumption of international travel.

• Like 1

The COVID-19 epidemic has spread across the US...& in some places is still growing.
Part of the difficulty in controlling it is 50 states have 50 different sets of law.
Seems the federal & state gov'mints  are playing both "catch-up" & "wack a mole" simultaneously...

Where the Outbreak Is Worst Now

Capturemmm.JPG

Where Outbreaks Might Come Next

mmmm2.JPG

source:  https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/04/23/upshot/five-ways-to-monitor-coronavirus-outbreak-us.html?action=click&module=Spotlight&pgtype=Homepage

Edited by lazarus
numbers spinning round & round...

British Airways is to make up to 12,000 staff redundant in response to the coronavirus pandemic.
The airline has cut 94 per cent of its flights and its parent company, IAG, lost almost half a billion pounds in the first three months of 2019, with much heavier losses expected.
As a result, British Airways has begun consulting with unions representing pilots, cabin crew and ground-based staff over redundancies for almost 30 per cent of employees in future.

Alex Cruz, BA’s chief executive and chairman, said: “Yesterday, British Airways flew just a handful of aircraft out of Heathrow. On a normal day we would fly more than 300. What we are facing as an airline, like so many other businesses up and down the country, is that there is no ‘normal’ any longer.

“Our very limited flying schedule means that revenues are not coming into our business. 

“In the last few weeks, the outlook for the aviation industry has worsened further and we must take action now. We are a strong, well-managed business that has faced into, and overcome, many crises in our hundred-year history. We must overcome this crisis ourselves, too.

“We do not know when countries will reopen their borders or when the lockdowns will lift, and so we have to reimagine and reshape our airline and create a new future for our people, our customers and the destinations we serve.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/british-airways-jobs-redundancies-iag-coronavirus-workers-a9488771.html

1 hour ago, Stillearly said:

British Airways is to make up to 12,000 staff redundant in response to the coronavirus pandemic.
The airline has cut 94 per cent of its flights and its parent company, IAG, lost almost half a billion pounds in the first three months of 2019, with much heavier losses expected.
As a result, British Airways has begun consulting with unions representing pilots, cabin crew and ground-based staff over redundancies for almost 30 per cent of employees in future.

Alex Cruz, BA’s chief executive and chairman, said: “Yesterday, British Airways flew just a handful of aircraft out of Heathrow. On a normal day we would fly more than 300. What we are facing as an airline, like so many other businesses up and down the country, is that there is no ‘normal’ any longer.

“Our very limited flying schedule means that revenues are not coming into our business. 

“In the last few weeks, the outlook for the aviation industry has worsened further and we must take action now. We are a strong, well-managed business that has faced into, and overcome, many crises in our hundred-year history. We must overcome this crisis ourselves, too.

“We do not know when countries will reopen their borders or when the lockdowns will lift, and so we have to reimagine and reshape our airline and create a new future for our people, our customers and the destinations we serve.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/british-airways-jobs-redundancies-iag-coronavirus-workers-a9488771.html

I can hear the autistic screams of joy from St.Greta of Thunberg.

• Haha 2