COVID 19 GLOBAL

grayray

On 4/26/2020 at 6:10 PM, Evil Penevil said:

This is what an official state-level emergency order looks like in the U.S.  Face masks will be mandatory in public from April 28th in all situations where social distancing of at least six feet isn't always possible.  If you're out walking your dog or jogging, you don't have to wear a mask, but should you step indoors in any facility (supermarket, gas station,  doctor's office, pharmacy, government office, etc.), it's compulsory to wear a mask.

From what I have seen on my two most recent excursions outside my niece's house (both to supermarkets),  about 90% of the people were wearing masks.  However, those trips were during off-hours (between 6.00 and 7.00 a.m., then between 8.00 and 9.00 p.m.) when few people were out and about.  My niece went out alone yesterday (Saturday) during the afternoon to a supermarket and pharmacy and said the majority of customers weren't wearing masks. 

Delaware800.jpg.53f3533a70424f01f95741411d1cf61c.jpg

Here's the relevant part of the declaration (my highlights in red):

NOW THEREFORE, I, JOHN C. CARNEY, pursuant to Title 20, Chapter 31 of the Delaware Code, in an effort to control and prevent the spread of COVID-19 within the State of Delaware, do hereby order that the COVID-19 State of Emergency declaration, as modified by the First through Twelfth Modifications and extended on April 10, 2020, shall remain in effect until further notice, with the following modifications and additions, effective April 28, 2020 at 8 a.m. E.D.T.:

1. For purposes of this Order, a “face covering” means a soft cloth or fabric covering that fully covers a person’s nose and mouth, not a medical-grade mask. The term “face covering” includes, without limitation, scarves and bandanas. The face covering should be comfortable, so that the wearer can breathe comfortably through the nose and does not have to adjust it frequently, so as to avoid touching the face. A “medical-grade mask” means an N95, KN95, surgical, or other mask that would be appropriate for a health care setting. For as long as medical grade masks such as N95 masks and surgical masks are in short supply, members of the public should not purchase those masks as face coverings under this Order; those medical grade masks should be reserved for health care providers and first responders. Wearing a medical-grade mask satisfies any requirement in this Order to wear a face covering, but all Delawareans are urged to reserve medical-grade masks for use by health care workers and first responders.

2. Any child aged two years or less must not wear a face covering because of the risk of suffocation. This Order does not require that any child aged twelve years or less wear a face covering. Parents and caregivers must supervise use of face coverings by children to avoid misuse.

3. All individuals must wear a face covering, except where doing so would inhibit that individual’s health or where the individual is under two years of age, while in the following places:

a. when they are a rider on public transportation, or a paratransit vehicle, taxi, private car service or ride-sharing vehicle;
b. when they are a customer of any business, including, but not limited to, grocery stores, convenience stores, supermarkets, laundromats, and restaurants, both inside the business and when waiting in line outside;
c. when they are obtaining services at any healthcare provider, including, but not limited to, hospitals, medical clinics and offices, special care facilities, medical laboratories, dentists, pharmacies, blood banks and blood drives, or facilities providing veterinary care and similar healthcare services for animals—unless directed otherwise by the healthcare provider;
d. when they are in an outdoor public area, including state parks and golf courses, if maintaining social distancing of six (6) feet between individuals of different households is impracticable; or
e. when they are in any public area and are feeling sick, coughing, or sneezing.

4. All businesses are required to do the following no later than May 1, 2020 at 8:00 a.m.: provide employees with a face covering to wear while working in areas open to the general public and areas in which coming within 6 feet of other staff are likely. Similarly, all restaurants shall require, no later than May 1, 2020 at 8:00 a.m., that all employees who interact with customers (including, without limitation, delivery personnel) to wear a face covering while working. Businesses must provide, at their expense, such face coverings as well as hand sanitizer for their employees. All employees are strongly encouraged to fashion personal face coverings per the CDC guidelines referenced in paragraph 8, below, until their employer provides a face covering pursuant to this paragraph.

5. If a customer refuses to wear a face covering for non-medical reasons and if such covering cannot be provided to the individual by the business at the point of entry, then the business must decline entry to the individual, unless the business is providing medication, medical supplies, or food, in which case the business policy should provide alternate methods of pickup and/or delivery of such goods (e.g. bringing the medication to the customer in a parking lot). If an individual declines to wear a face covering on store premises due to a medical condition that inhibits such usage, neither the essential retail business nor its staff shall require the individual to produce medical documentation verifying the stated condition.

6. Businesses shall take steps to remind customers to wear face coverings by (a) posting the requirement at the entrance of the business, and (b) posting clearly visible signs inside the store to remind customers of the requirement to wear the face covering at all times when in the business.

7. Single-use face coverings shall be properly discarded in trash receptacles. It is recommended that all reusable face coverings be cleaned frequently (at least once per day).

8. A video showing how to make a face covering and additional information about how to wear and clean face coverings may be found at the website of Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, at https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/diy-cloth-face-coverings.html.

9. This Order has the force and effect of law. Any failure to comply with the provisions contained in a Declaration of a State of Emergency or any modification to a Declaration of the State of Emergency constitutes a criminal offense. 20 Del. C. §§ 3115 (b); 3116 (9); 3122; and 3125. State and local law enforcement agencies are authorized to enforce the provisions of any Declaration of a State of Emergency.

APPROVED this 25th day of April 2020 at 4:00 p.m.

John C. Carney
Governor

Full text here.

Edited by fforest
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, fforest said:

3. All individuals must wear a face covering, except where doing so would inhibit that individual’s health

Exactly why I do my best to not wear them except when I have no choice....They disturb my mental health....

I find that quite easy to believe.

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, fforest said:

3. All individuals must wear a face covering, except where doing so would inhibit that individual’s health

Exactly why I do my best to not wear them except when I have no choice....They disturb my mental health....

asssailed on so many fronts...keep the tin hat on

....with a mask drop down

Edited by Ivan the terrible

9 minutes ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

Also .. no drinking alcohol, no going to the parks and beaches, no fishing, no sun bathing , no hair cuts, no painting , no planting a garden , etc. 

If you do any of that a model citizen will take a photo of you then post it all over social media and accuse you of trying to murder people by spreading the virus.

Then you will be arrested and fined by the Police.

The response to Covid-19 has absolutely not been orwellian in the slightest. Only tinfoil hat wearing, granny murdering, conspiracy theorists would think so.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

Also .. no drinking alcohol, no going to the parks and beaches, no fishing, no sun bathing , no hair cuts, no painting , no planting a garden , etc. 

You can do all of that here in California...& Florida
Just have to keep 2 meters apart & cut your hair at home.

Not sure about the fishin'...butt I'll look into it... 😉

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

3 hours ago, Ivan the terrible said:

as we come out of lockdown we should all be WEARING MASKS

It's Pascal's Wager applied to the COVID-19 pandemic.  It's impossible to know right now just how effective (and therefore important) facial masks are in preventing the spread of the disease.  But if we assume mask-wearing is to at least some degree effective, then we all contribute to the containment of the disease by wearing a mask.  But if we assume it isn't effective, we still lose nothing by wearing one. Risk/reward comes down heavily on the side of wearing a mask.

Evil

coronasmaller.jpg

• Like 2
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

2 minutes ago, Evil Penevil said:

It's Pascal's Wager applied to the COVID-19 pandemic.  It's impossible to know right now just how effective (and therefore important) facial masks are in preventing the spread of the disease.  But if we assume mask-wearing is to at least some degree effective, then we all contribute to the containment of the disease by wearing a mask.  But if we assume it isn't effective, we still lose nothing by wearing one. Risk/reward comes down heavily on the side of wearing a mask.

Evil

coronasmaller.jpg

Agreed 100%

18 minutes ago, lazarus said:

You can do all of that here in California...& Florida
Just have to keep 2 meters apart & cut your hair at home.

Not sure about the fishin'...butt I'll look into it... 😉

She can hold my rod anytime ❤️

• Haha 2

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-plans-for-two-week-quarantine-for-anyone-entering-uk-considered-by-government-11979070

While I'm really pleased & relieved that we have BoJo instead of the plonker Corbyn in charge I can't help but think that all of the above reeks of the horse that has bolted after the stable was shut.

This should've been put in place weeks ago.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

30 minutes ago, Krapow said:

Here in the UK you can drink alcohol, go to the park or beach, do painting, plant your garden while sunbathing there as well, cut your own hair or get your missus to do it.

People were originally allowed to do all of the above when the Government asked people to please adhere to social distancing. 

What happened was there was mass crowds and groups all over the place, local beauty spots etc, no c**t adhering to social distancing as the Government asked

Then there was uproar, politicians, media, the public, people at these beauty spots, all screaming at the Government to implement a lockdown, so they did.

Spain who were hit very, very hard has just posted amazing figures, 288 deaths, the lowest since 20th March. They had one of the most strict lockdowns, and it's clearly worked. 

I'm struggling to see the issue here, the measures took work, whether in China or Spain, saved 100's if not 1000's of lives, Spain are now starting to ease them. Hopefully the figures continue to drop and Spain and everywhere else can get back to normal. Spain would like nothing more than to lift all restrictions, get the tourists back. But they had to do what they had to do so save all those lives, and it's clearly worked. Well done Spain!

Go to the park, or adhere to the restrictions for a short time to save lives?  I wish the restrictions in the UK would be lifted tomorrow, but i'm also aware of the dangers of a calamitous 2nd wave, calamitous to people's lives and the economy. 

You're seriously not believing this pish...are you?

Second wave, there's never been a first one.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 2

Boris spending the night in No.10- hopefully no more Dominic Raab

"Boris Johnson has arrived back at Number 10 after spending several weeks recovering from coronavirus, a Downing Street source has told Sky News.

The prime minister is expected to return to work on Monday and is said to be "raring to go" after recovering from a COVID-19 infection that resulted in him spending three nights in intensive care."

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-boris-johnson-arrives-at-downing-street-after-covid-19-recovery-11979175

2 hours ago, coxyhog said:

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-plans-for-two-week-quarantine-for-anyone-entering-uk-considered-by-government-11979070

While I'm really pleased & relieved that we have BoJo instead of the plonker Corbyn in charge I can't help but think that all of the above reeks of the horse that has bolted after the stable was shut.

This should've been put in place weeks ago.

Have to agree. I was amazed when I returned 4 weeks ago that there were no apparent checks -not even temperature- at LGW, and that the government instructions were to do the same as the general population. I chose to hide myself away as much as I could, but that was my choice, not government requirements. 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

I wonder if it's anyone we know.

Bali tourist slammed for removing ‘closed to visitors’ sign | Video

A tourist riding a scooter has been criticised online for completely flouting rules and regulations in place in Bali to keep locals safe.

A scooter-riding tourist visiting the popular island of Bali has been shamed on social media
for completely disregarding the closure of the popular Karang Boma Cliff in Pecatu, South
Kuta.

The “closed for visitors” sign, which was erected at the cliff in response to Indonesia’s fight
against COVID-19, reflects a wider stance of all beaches and tourist attractions in Bali
being closed until the end of May due to coronavirus.

But one tourist, who is not identified in the viral video, has been criticised for completely
disregarding the sign.

Riding his scooter up to the sign, he moves it out of the way before jumping back on his
bike and proceeding towards the entry point to Karang Boma Cliff.

The video has been posted to several Indonesian-based community accounts including
“Denpasar Viral”, with many questioning why tourists were still on the island given
ongoing instruction for foreigners to return to their homeland.

“Return them to their home country, they don’t understand the rules and are only making
things hard for us.” one caption read.

“Be a little more strict, even if you reprimand them they will continue the same thing,
there’s not a stop to it.”

The video follows another post that went viral earlier this month that showed a group of
tourists in Bali who held a rowdy birthday party at a luxury villa and ignored social
distancing measures.

The group was reportedly celebrating a 21st birthday, which stirred uproar among locals
who have lost their incomes due to dwindling tourism dollars on the island.

The 21-year-old, from Egypt, later apologised for the party, but locals said the damage was
already done and that they should be forced to leave the island.

https://www.news.com.au/travel/travel-updates/incidents/bali-tourist-slammed-for-removing-closed-to-visitors-sign-video/news-story/6b689ad7d8a8eedcd9b85de62e86d60a

Edited by fygjam
  • Like 1

And now for something a bit more serious for those who think Covid-19 is a bit more than just the flu.

After the introductions and weather reports more informed comments by Dr. Daniel Griffin, well worth the listen.

The main takeaway. It's not the initial virus infection that's the problem it's the post infection inflammation. Including those that have almost no symptoms then in week 2 or week 3 having coagulation problems with blood clots in the legs, lungs, arteries.

Daniel Griffin provides his weekly update on the COVID-19 clinical situation, followed by our discussion of tests of an inactivated vaccine, results of serological surveys, an inhibitor of the cell protease needed for virus entry, and answers to listener questions.

2 hours ago, fygjam said:

I wonder if it's anyone we know.

Bali tourist slammed for removing ‘closed to visitors’ sign | Video

A tourist riding a scooter has been criticised online for completely flouting rules and regulations in place in Bali to keep locals safe.

A scooter-riding tourist visiting the popular island of Bali has been shamed on social media
for completely disregarding the closure of the popular Karang Boma Cliff in Pecatu, South
Kuta.

The “closed for visitors” sign, which was erected at the cliff in response to Indonesia’s fight
against COVID-19, reflects a wider stance of all beaches and tourist attractions in Bali
being closed until the end of May due to coronavirus.

But one tourist, who is not identified in the viral video, has been criticised for completely
disregarding the sign.

Riding his scooter up to the sign, he moves it out of the way before jumping back on his
bike and proceeding towards the entry point to Karang Boma Cliff.

The video has been posted to several Indonesian-based community accounts including
“Denpasar Viral”, with many questioning why tourists were still on the island given
ongoing instruction for foreigners to return to their homeland.

“Return them to their home country, they don’t understand the rules and are only making
things hard for us.” one caption read.

“Be a little more strict, even if you reprimand them they will continue the same thing,
there’s not a stop to it.”

The video follows another post that went viral earlier this month that showed a group of
tourists in Bali who held a rowdy birthday party at a luxury villa and ignored social
distancing measures.

The group was reportedly celebrating a 21st birthday, which stirred uproar among locals
who have lost their incomes due to dwindling tourism dollars on the island.

The 21-year-old, from Egypt, later apologised for the party, but locals said the damage was
already done and that they should be forced to leave the island.

https://www.news.com.au/travel/travel-updates/incidents/bali-tourist-slammed-for-removing-closed-to-visitors-sign-video/news-story/6b689ad7d8a8eedcd9b85de62e86d60a

Aussie newspapers come a close 2nd to UK ones for the "rag trophy"...

25 minutes ago, fygjam said:

And now for something a bit more serious for those who think Covid-19 is a bit more than just the flu.

After the introductions and weather reports more informed comments by Dr. Daniel Griffin, well worth the listen.

The main takeaway. It's not the initial virus infection that's the problem it's the post infection inflammation. Including those that have almost no symptoms then in week 2 or week 3 having coagulation problems with blood clots in the legs, lungs, arteries.

Daniel Griffin provides his weekly update on the COVID-19 clinical situation, followed by our discussion of tests of an inactivated vaccine, results of serological surveys, an inhibitor of the cell protease needed for virus entry, and answers to listener questions.

Another new scientific ? 

Hell, with the number of experts on Youtube, FB, Twatter, TV, and paper rags I can't believe we haven't solve this problem yet ?

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Thai Spice said:

Another new scientific ? 

Hell, with the number of experts on Youtube, FB, Twatter, TV, and paper rags I can't believe we haven't solve this problem yet ?

A virologist for 25 years, and EMT doctor as well as specialising in infectious diseases with similar long term experience. And both give an idea as to why this hasn't been solved yet.

Still I guess to some ignorance is even more than blissful.

joo.jpg

Just be careful, knowledge may infringe on your right to be an ignoranus!