COVID 19 GLOBAL

grayray

29 minutes ago, Krapow said:

FB_IMG_1591309737012.jpg

Health clubs are flocking to get back on the Air and advertising. Apparently, Americans have piled on an avg. of 15 pounds since the middle of March. I think health officials are trying to be "diplomatic" from what I've seen. lol

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Kathmandu said:

Health clubs are flocking to get back on the Air and advertising. Apparently, Americans have piled on an avg. of 15 pounds since the middle of March. I think health officials are trying to be "diplomatic" from what I've seen. lol

So the message about obesity and poor Covid-19 outcomes got through.

So locally here in my city ( San Jose, Calif) they are now in full testing mode for free at one of several locations. Decided since alot of "experts" are saying you can actually be infected and not know it and spread it to others, figured wifey and I will go get this done right?  Very user friendly, company called "Project Baseline" has a web-site, you create an account, answer a few questions, sign some forms on line then they give you testing times available. This particular location was at "Pal Stadium" here where Football and Baseball are both played, they converted the parking lot into several lanes for cars for a drive thru. 

You are provided a video of how this will all go down, looks easy enough, common sense approach but....you are given your "kit" of swab, tube to put it in after etc. There is a Nurse there who stands 6 feet away from your car, you roll your window down, she helps you through the process. Now you think you just put this swab directly up your nose and "twist and turn" a few times and "rinse and repeat"  for the other side but no......you have to get the angle just right and it is NOT just sticking it straight up your nose. 

For me that's where the problem began, for some reason, I was having trouble on the left side getting the angle just right and getting a 90 degree swab against the wall of your nose, then putting your head straight back, then slowly push this swab farther up your nose until she tells you to stop, then twist and then do the other side. She was very patient, and it took me several tries to get it just right, slight bit of discomfort ( as to be expected) but overall not bad. The right side of my nose went perfect the first time. Rachanee had no problem at all for either side. 

3 days later, they send you an e-mail and you get your results...all is well for both of us. They also send you alot of other information telling you not to let your guard down because you came out negative.....good experience over all. 

Your coronavirus (COVID-19) test results

Your test was negative for COVID-19.

It is important to read the additional info attached.

These test results and health information have been provided by PWNHealth.

IMG_1150-2.jpg

• Like 3
  • Great Info 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Yessongs said:

So locally here in my city ( San Jose, Calif) they are now in full testing mode for free at one of several locations. Decided since alot of "experts" are saying you can actually be infected and not know it and spread it to others, figured wifey and I will go get this done right?  Very user friendly, company called "Project Baseline" has a web-site, you create an account, answer a few questions, sign some forms on line then they give you testing times available. This particular location was at "Pal Stadium" here where Football and Baseball are both played, they converted the parking lot into several lanes for cars for a drive thru. 

You are provided a video of how this will all go down, looks easy enough, common sense approach but....you are given your "kit" of swab, tube to put it in after etc. There is a Nurse there who stands 6 feet away from your car, you roll your window down, she helps you through the process. Now you think you just put this swab directly up your nose and "twist and turn" a few times and "rinse and repeat"  for the other side but no......you have to get the angle just right and it is NOT just sticking it straight up your nose. 

For me that's where the problem began, for some reason, I was having trouble on the left side getting the angle just right and getting a 90 degree swab against the wall of your nose, then putting your head straight back, then slowly push this swab farther up your nose until she tells you to stop, then twist and then do the other side. She was very patient, and it took me several tries to get it just right, slight bit of discomfort ( as to be expected) but overall not bad. The right side of my nose went perfect the first time. Rachanee had no problem at all for either side. 

3 days later, they send you an e-mail and you get your results...all is well for both of us. They also send you alot of other information telling you not to let your guard down because you came out negative.....good experience over all. 

Your coronavirus (COVID-19) test results

Your test was negative for COVID-19.

It is important to read the additional info attached.

These test results and health information have been provided by PWNHealth.

IMG_1150-2.jpg

Yea, you can get them done here as well, if you have symptoms, and the symptoms are that varied, basically you can get one if you want. 

Drive in or make an appointment and walk up. Don't really fancy walking up to an appointment with lots of other people who have symptoms. 

Want the antibody one, to see if you had it. But even then, it's not currently guaranteed if you did you can't catch it again. Through my work we'll be one of the first to get them. 

That said, it's pretty much passed in London. The London Borough I live and work in has about 300,000 people. 2 weeks ago it had 6 new infections, 2 deaths. Last week it had 7 new infections and no deaths.  Yes be more infections not picked up through no symptoms, but it's very minimal now, even with opening up. 

• Like 1
  • Great Info 2

Authorities in 214 countries and territories have reported about 6.9 million Covid‑19 cases and 400,000 deaths since China reported its first cases to the World Health Organization (WHO) in December...

...& *some* people still make fun of wearing a mask to help stop the spread of the disease.

Seems sheep are smarter than *some*...

c04856db2dd404abaf504ea14943464d.jpg

On 6/5/2020 at 12:06 PM, Krapow said:

Yea, you can get them done here as well, if you have symptoms, and the symptoms are that varied, basically you can get one if you want. 

Drive in or make an appointment and walk up. Don't really fancy walking up to an appointment with lots of other people who have symptoms. 

Want the antibody one, to see if you had it. But even then, it's not currently guaranteed if you did you can't catch it again. Through my work we'll be one of the first to get them. 

That said, it's pretty much passed in London. The London Borough I live and work in has about 300,000 people. 2 weeks ago it had 6 new infections, 2 deaths. Last week it had 7 new infections and no deaths.  Yes be more infections not picked up through no symptoms, but it's very minimal now, even with opening up. 

Still kicking upward in almost half of the US...

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/us/coronavirus-us-cases.html?campaign_id=9&emc=edit_nn_20200607&instance_id=19164&nl=the-morning&regi_id=31580693&segment_id=30288&te=1&user_id=02a7fcb616ada230e85e7ec3c56bc23d

Capture.JPG

8 minutes ago, lazarus said:

Authorities in 214 countries and territories have reported about 6.9 million Covid‑19 cases and 400,000 deaths since China reported its first cases to the World Health Organization (WHO) in December...

...& *some* people still make fun of wearing a mask to help stop the spread of the disease.

Seems sheep are smarter than *some*...

c04856db2dd404abaf504ea14943464d.jpg

EYE0UToU0AA6CjS.jpg

• Like 1

Hmm...

You can lead *some* sheep to science, but you can't teach 'em to think.

Gotta die of something, right?

COVID-19 is the efficient way to go --  painfully, while gasping for air.

Here's a little science for *some* who are less informed...

COVID-19 is killing 20 times more people per week than flu does, new paper says

https://www.livescience.com/covid-19-deaths-vs-flu-deaths.html

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamainternalmedicine/fullarticle/2766121

How COVID-19 Deaths Are Counted

> Assigning a cause of death is never straightforward, but data on excess deaths suggest coronavirus death tolls are likely an underestimate

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/how-covid-19-deaths-are-counted1/

Comparing COVID-19 Deaths to Flu Deaths Is like Comparing Apples to Oranges

> The former are actual numbers; the latter are inflated statistical estimates

https://blogs.scientificamerican.com/observations/comparing-covid-19-deaths-to-flu-deaths-is-like-comparing-apples-to-oranges/

Technical Notes: Provisional Death Counts for Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19)

>Deaths due to COVID-19 may be misclassified as pneumonia or influenza deaths in the absence of positive test results, and pneumonia or influenza may appear on death certificates as a comorbid condition.

> Additionally, COVID-19 symptoms can be similar to influenza-like illness, thus deaths may be misclassified as influenza. Thus, increases in pneumonia and influenza deaths may be an indicator of excess COVID-19-related mortality.

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid19/tech_notes.htm#:~:text=Deaths due to COVID-,19-related mortality.

science-of-sheep-cover.png

Edited by lazarus
death at your door?

Getting ridiculous here in Scotland now. Last week we had the chief constable of Scotland on telly telling us to report garden "gatherings" like BBQs  of more than 10 people as it was unsafe to do so, and people could end up with a fine. 

Fast forward to this weekend-- black life matters protest changed from George Square in Glasgow to Glasgow Green as George Sq was deemed not big enough to hold all those attending.

I wonder how many fines they handed out ???? A Feckin joke.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

5555 not from Twain 

Sheep -- *some* lie when faced with the truth...

U.S. Death Toll Is Likely Higher. Other COVID-19 Stats Need Adjusting, Too

"There may have been people who died at home who were not counted as COVID because they never really got to the hospital."

https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsandsoda/2020/05/13/854873605/fauci-says-u-s-death-toll-is-likely-higher-other-covid-stats-need-adjusting-too

0_JS176683509.jpg

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, monkeyman said:

No need to socially distance any more. Just get yourself a piece of cardboard, scribble "Black Lives Matter" on it in crayon and you can do what the hell you like. :default_angel: 

How about some cardboard thats says "farang lives matter"