COVID 19 GLOBAL

grayray

9 hours ago, bob lt said:

Ah, quoting the part  that suits. If you are going to quote, don't forget the part about Covid deaths. 

"COVID-19: Current COVID-19 deaths: 4,608,243 (since start of pandemic in early 2020)"

If you spread these deaths over 18 months, that equates to 256k per month or more than 3,000,000 per year.

Total cases 223,369,412, total deaths 4,608,983 at 10/9/2021 source jhu

Cheers

I quoted all that he posted.

His quote said that covid was more infectious than the flu.

The information he posted, which I quoted, says there is a billion flu infections a year.

So are you saying that this is misinformation???

cheers

• Confused 1

25 minutes ago, roobob said:

The information he posted, which I quoted, says there is a billion flu infections a year.

cheers

Might want to have your reading prescription checked. You most definitely did not quote all that @lazarus posted.

• Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, Nightcrawler said:

It's not either or. There has been a vaccine for Flu for years and usually recommended by a GP for those over 60. It also tends to be a seasonal virus particularly more acute in Winter. 

But Covid, is a new virus and far more contagious and deadly than Flu. The fact that it has ripped through nearly every country in the world within a very short period is proof of that. 

There is nothing sinister about it, unless you are a conspiracy theorist who thinks that Covid is just a hoax and a way of controlling the populus

Most Flu cases go unreported and unless you have underlying respiratory problem and or are over 65

But here is the main point.......... 

In a bad flu year in UK up to 30,000 people may die each year in UK

In 2020, 134,000 Covid infected people died. 

Do the maths, that 104,000 more people died of Coronavirus related symptoms. 

In 1918 the Spanish Flu is estimated to have taken over 50 million lives worldwide, with a 50% recovery rate

There were no vaccines, few wore masks and observed social distancing. There was little to no treatment available either. 

Do we want a repeat of that, when we now have vaccines, more effective treatments and communication capabilities to combat Covid 19?

Apples, oranges and bananas, 219 million people, mainly in Africa and Asia, died of Malaria in 2017.

Vaccines are currently being tested for Malaria and could be a game changer. Mosquitos refused to wear masks and socially distance themselves from humans

😊

CHEERS 

So for how many years has the UK had up to 30,000 die from the flu...even if the figures are say between 15,000 - 20,000.?? Below is a UK Govt link of all the figures they have collated on the flu.

Do the sums.... the casualty rate is high...so where have the vaccinators outrage/outcry while this has been going on? How come they are happy to live with the flu...let all things stop open....travel.......and do not get up on their soapboxes demanding, threatening and want shots mandated for all and sundry for this ?? 

This is from the info lazarus quoted...... maybe as you say...do the sums.

Flu: The World Health Organization estimates that 290,000 to 650,000 people die of flu-related causes every year worldwide.

The UK Govt link

Annual flu reports - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)

9 hours ago, Nightcrawler said:

Glad to see it.  I agree that people wiyj certain medical problems should be exempt (never argued against that )

So what vaccine are you going to chose ?  Are you going to take the advice of your doctor ? I guess he is an expert then, unless of course he is an antivaxer 😁 or a  quack. Is that your doctor in BKK or in your home country.?

What I am slightly confused about is WHY you will take the vaccine, since you have implied that Covid is no more dangerous than Flu 

Perhaps if some of the antivaxers took medical advice from their Doctors rather than from Social Media, they might be better informed 

Lockdowns have worked to reduce infections until the vaccine roll out kicked in. Certainly in UK anyway. 

Cheers

COVID-19 confirmed deaths in England (to 31 December 2020): report - GOV.UK

As I said above...I will not take a chinese vaccine and I will wait until I can get the vaccine of my choice when it is available. When I choose the vaccine I will look at taking, I will talk with my Dr about it and if I am then happy with the information I have gathered I will then get vaccinated. What vaccine it will be...I have not decided yet but I will make sure you are one of the first to know.

I will take the vaccine because I take the flu jab..so yes... to me....both virus are much the same and should be treated as such.

It seems some antivaxers are taking medical advice from Drs for deciding not to take the vaccine and vaccinators are also high users of the same Social Media to get their message across as the antivaxers.

cheers  

• Like 1

Extracts from the Australian Department of Health's Influenza Surveillance Report dated 29th August, 2021.

• Of the 483 notifications of influenza reported to the NNDSS in the year to date, there have been:

• 235 notifications in Queensland (QLD);
  • 75 notifications in Victoria (VIC);
  • 61 notifications in New South Wales (NSW);
  • 31 notifications in the Northern Territory (NT);
  • 30 notifications in Tasmania (TAS);
  • 25 notifications in Western Australia (WA);
  • 18 notifications in South Australia (SA); and
  • 8 notifications in the Australian Capital Territory (ACT).

FluCAN:

• There have been no admissions to hospital (including intensive care units) across FluCAN sentinel hospital sites since sentinel hospital surveillance commenced in April 2021.

National notification data (NNDSS):

• Year to date, of the 483 notifications of laboratory-confirmed influenza, there have been no influenza associated deaths notified to the NNDSS.

(NNDSS - National Notifiable Diseases Surveillance System)

So 483 confirmed cases of influenza year to date (29th August), no hospitalisations, no deaths. I wonder how those figures compare to Covid-19 for the same period.

• Great Info 1

6 hours ago, fforest said:

Antivaxers now comparing themselves to persecuted WW2 Jews 😄

The victim card had to follow sooner or later as they run short of excuses and sympathy. 

Won't be long before they start to paint themselves as Martyrs 

Just how low will they stoop? 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, roobob said:

cheers

With respect, you copied and pasted part of the original post conveniently leaving out words that did not fit your agenda.

If you wished to quote all that he posted you would have hit the quote button.

I repeat one part which I believe is critical to the discussion.

"COVID-19: Current COVID-19 deaths: 4,608,243 (since start of pandemic in early 2020)"

Cheers.

Edited by bob lt
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, bob lt said:

With respect, you copied and pasted part of the original post conveniently leaving out words that did not fit your agenda.

If you wished to quote all that he posted you would have hit the quote button.

I repeat one part which I believe is critical to the discussion.

Cheers.

I did hit the quote button.... go back and have a look.  BM lazarus posted and I quoted his whole post. I never left anything out from his post. 

cheers

1 minute ago, roobob said:

I did hit the quote button.... go back and have a look.  BM lazarus posted and I quoted his whole post. I never left anything out from his post. 

cheers

Doesn't matter one way or another.

If you think the common flu is just as serious and deadly as Covid-19 then you are one card shy of a (full) deck.

capisce..?

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, lazarus said:

Doesn't matter one way or another.

If you think the common flu is just as serious and deadly as Covid-19 then you are one card shy of a (full) deck.

capisce..?

lol.... typical from you.

You put up information as the be all end all expert...you get called out...and immediately go to the deflect mode...lol.

Maybe you should change your board name to lector the deflector...lol

cheers

2 minutes ago, roobob said:

lol.... typical from you.

You put up information as the be all end all expert...you get called out...and immediately go to the deflect mode...lol.

Maybe you should change your board name to lector the deflector...lol

cheers

cheers

a4fd6489d5f0cf3bc8b145c7bf726c12.jpe

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, roobob said:

It seems some antivaxers are taking medical advice from Drs for deciding not to take the vaccine and vaccinators are also high users of the same Social Media to get their message across as the antivaxers.

cheers  

I dont think that is true for 2 reasons :

Firstly, in the UK for example,local NHS GP surgeries text all  patients eligible and suitable for a Covid 19 vacination offering them an appointment at Vaccination Centre, for both first and second jabs.  I suspect that at least 97% of unvaxed people will be registered with an NHS doctor, (although those who not legally in the system, may not wish to or are unable to.  

Generally all patients are also at liberty to get medical advice on the Vaccines from their Doctor's surgery.  Yet it seems that most, if not all antivaxers would prefer to get their advice/information from Social Media and Conspiracy websites, rather than qualified medical professionals. 

Secondly, when you use the term "vacinators", they are very largely, if not all, of those who have been vacinated. They are not an established group. Yes, those same people do respond to Antivax propaganda and disinformation produced by Antivaxxers on Social Media.  There is enough promotion for the Vaccine through NHS and Government. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Nightcrawler said:

I dont think that is true for 2 reasons :

Firstly, in the UK for example,local NHS GP surgeries text all  patients eligible and suitable for a Covid 19 vacination offering them an appointment at Vaccination Centre, for both first and second jabs.  I suspect that at least 97% of unvaxed people will be registered with an NHS doctor, (although those who not legally in the system, may not wish to or are unable to.  

Generally all patients are also at liberty to get medical advice on the Vaccines from their Doctor's surgery.  Yet it seems that most, if not all antivaxers would prefer to get their advice/information from Social Media and Conspiracy websites, rather than qualified medical professionals. 

Secondly, when you use the term "vacinators", they are very largely, if not all, of those who have been vacinated. They are not an established group. Yes, those same people do respond to Antivax propaganda and disinformation produced by Antivaxxers on Social Media.  There is enough promotion for the Vaccine through NHS and Government. 

Fair enough if you think it is not true...your opinion.... but I disagree that social media is only being used from one side to push their case,

Yes I use the term vaccinators... same as you use antivaxers... but really for you to say they are not an established group...well look no further than this forum.

cheers

4 minutes ago, roobob said:

Yes I use the term vaccinators... same as you use antivaxers... but really for you to say they are not an established group...well look no further than this forum.

hahaha...

Your head is so far up your ahhhh....that you wouldn't know the truth if it hit you in your willie sack...

Now run along and play "vaccinator" with your water buffalo.

860x394.jpg

Feb.-26-Presser-12.png

Just now, lazarus said:

hahaha...

Your head is so far up your ahhhh....that you wouldn't know the truth if it hit you in your willie sack...

Now run along and play "vaccinator" with your water buffalo.

860x394.jpg

Feb.-26-Presser-12.png

Good example why we now have some good contributors not posting on this topic and several others.

Why do you always play the poster and not the post???

cheers

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, roobob said:

Good example why we now have some good contributors not posting on this topic and several others.

Why do you always play the poster and not the post???

cheers

Post something that makes sense and is not vacuous and maybe you'll get what you want...

964c00f9c01ebccfc8c301c47634c9f0.jpg

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, roobob said:

cheers

You hit the quote button in an earlier post.

The second time (the one of yours that I quoted) you quoted selectively.

However, as @lazarus isn't bothered, no point in me correcting you.

Cheers

• Thumbs Up 1

UK supermarket chain Morrisons revealed it would cut payments to workers who had not received both jabs and had been advised to self-isolate over coronavirus.

This led to a trend on social media re a boycott with some people declaring they would no longer shop at the supermarket due to this policy.

But others who had been double-jabbed pushed back against those complaints and added shopping at the supermarket would now be safer without people who had not been fully vaccinated.

One person tweeted: “Anti vaxxers are going to #BoycottMorrisons apparently. Excellent. I'll feel safer in there tomorrow evening when I do my shopping. Well done @Morrisons”

Another person added: “I'll be doing all my shopping at Morrisons now the anti-vaxxers are going elsewhere to buy the tin foil for their hats.”

• Like 2
  • Haha 2