COVID 19 GLOBAL

grayray

20 hours ago, Starshine said:

You would get more sense asking your questions to these two rather than @fforest and @roobob

5e2710bb81b47d35946582c1.jpeg

Alls I have to say to this is you guys had better hope your expert scientific covid overlords put this covid disaster in the rearview mirror and let life get back to normal or we are all headed for hard times... 

Hey I finally found the correct use for '' we are all in this together'' We will all be screwed over together''

56 minutes ago, fforest said:

Alls I have to say to this is you guys had better hope your expert scientific covid overlords put this covid disaster in the rearview mirror and let life get back to normal or we are all headed for hard times... 

Hey I finally found the correct use for '' we are all in this together'' We will all be screwed over together''

We are already been screwed over by the selfish bastard antivaxers who are disproportionately filling our ICUs and extending this pandemic.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Germany bans unvaccinated people from shops and bars

Germany has announced sweeping new restrictions for people who have not been vaccinated against Covid.

Chancellor Angela Merkel says unvaccinated people will be barred from many public places, including non-essential shops and events, unless they have recently recovered from Covid.

"Culture and leisure nationwide will be open only to those who have been vaccinated or recovered," Merkel says.

"We have understood that the situation is very serious and that we want to take further measures in addition to those already taken," she adds.

Merkel also says a nationwide vaccination mandate could be imposed from February 2022, after it's been debated in parliament.

• Thumbs Up 1

Is shagging with a mask on OK, gov'na?

:default_coffee:

. . .

Merry covid Christmas: Don’t kiss under the mistletoe, British minister advises

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2021/12/02/christmas-mistletoe-kissing-uk-minister-coronavirus/

... Thérèse Coffey, a member of Prime Minister Boris Johnson’s cabinet responsible for work and pensions, told people not to smooch as the omicron coronavirus variant adds a new layer of fear to the pandemic.

“I don’t think there should be much snogging under the mistletoe. Don’t need to do things like that,she said in an interview with ITV, using British slang for kissing.

“But I think we should all be trying to enjoy the Christmas ahead of us, and that’s why we’re working so hard to get the deployment of as many vaccines as possible,” she added...

1 hour ago, lazarus said:

I tend to put a metal bucket on their heads and swing on the handle.

No masks required  😉

1 hour ago, lazarus said:

Edited by KhunDon
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, lazarus said:

. . .

Merry covid Christmas: Don’t kiss under the mistletoe, British minister advises

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2021/12/02/christmas-mistletoe-kissing-uk-minister-coronavirus/

... Thérèse Coffey, a member of Prime Minister Boris Johnson’s cabinet responsible for work and pensions, told people not to smooch as the omicron coronavirus variant adds a new layer of fear to the pandemic.

“I don’t think there should be much snogging under the mistletoe. Don’t need to do things like that,she said in an interview with ITV, using British slang for kissing.

“But I think we should all be trying to enjoy the Christmas ahead of us, and that’s why we’re working so hard to get the deployment of as many vaccines as possible,” she added...

It's OK if you hold the mistletoe at waist level 

• Surprised 1

Going to be a long winter...

I refuse to put winter tires because:

It’s my car, my choice, my freedom.
The effectiveness of winter tires is not proven, except by studies carried out by the manufacturers (surprising eh!?!).
My neighbor Sylvia had an accident after putting on her winter tires.
Some are already on their third set of tires, which proves their ineffectiveness.
Do we really know what they are made of?
The tire giants scare us with winter just to enrich themselves.
In fact, the tire giants invented snow and spread it at night when you sleep.
If I have tires, the government can track me in the snow.
Educate yourself, open your eyes, stop being sheep!
This year, winter tires, I say no!

260975561_3060613647538734_6674170163575078123_n.jpg

from the interweb...

Edited by lazarus
  • Haha 4

7 hours ago, Krapow said:

Germany has announced sweeping new restrictions for people who have not been vaccinated against Covid.

Chancellor Angela Merkel says unvaccinated people will be barred from many public places, including non-essential shops and events, unless they have recently recovered from Covid.

"Culture and leisure nationwide will be open only to those who have been vaccinated or recovered," Merkel says.

"We have understood that the situation is very serious and that we want to take further measures in addition to those already taken," she adds.

Merkel also says a nationwide vaccination mandate could be imposed from February 2022, after it's been debated in parliament.

I guess Roo will have to cancel his travel plans........    

27 minutes ago, lazarus said:

Going to be a long winter...

I refuse to put winter tires because:

It’s my car, my choice, my freedom.
The effectiveness of winter tires is not proven, except by studies carried out by the manufacturers (surprising eh!?!).
My neighbor Sylvia had an accident after putting on her winter tires.
Some are already on their third set of tires, which proves their ineffectiveness.
Do we really know what they are made of?
The tire giants scare us with winter just to enrich themselves.
In fact, the tire giants invented snow and spread it at night when you sleep.
If I have tires, the government can track me in the snow.
Educate yourself, open your eyes, stop being sheep!
This year, winter tires, I say no!

260975561_3060613647538734_6674170163575078123_n.jpg

from the interweb...

hahahahaha !

I visited a Tesco Superstore today

Fairly busy, and I was pleasantly pleased to see a vast majority of customers using a mask whilst shopping. 

That was without security stopping and offering  masks or asking them to wear one on entry.  

I hope it will continue, we shall have to wait and see

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Krapow said:

Hey if anyone has noticed the freedoms for the vaxed seem to be not forthcoming very fast for the vaxed also.......In many places..

• Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Nightcrawler said:

I visited a Tesco Superstore today

Fairly busy, and I was pleasantly pleased to see a vast majority of customers using a mask whilst shopping. 

That was without security stopping and offering  masks or asking them to wear one on entry.  

I hope it will continue, we shall have to wait and see

If vaxed  wear masks then I guess the masks are here to stay forever, because corona will be here forever...

Edited by fforest

1 hour ago, fforest said:

If vaxed  wear masks then I guess the masks are here to stay forever... 

I don't think that you quite understand  what the Covid  vaccines do. They work to boost the immune system to recognise and attack the virus  to lessen more serious symptoms which can lead to hospitalisation and or death.  Being vaccinated does not mean that you cannot catch the virus and then spread it. 

Masks can reduce the risk of being infected by  up to 50%

Since we don't know when if or how Covid will  remain, then we do not know what forever means. Maybe mask wearing in certain places will remain commonplace for a while in shops and transport networks in combination with vaccination. 

Neither are totally reliable, we know that but a damn sight  safer than not being vaccinated and, or not wearing masks in congested areas. 

The spread of Covid largely relies on people and their behaviour. To act responsibly and play their part in fighting this Virus. It is those who show NO Social Responsibility and do nothing but complain are merely slowing down our efforts to deal with Virus and bring it under control. Those who choose to ignore Covid and ignore ignore the measures that can reduce the spread and the effect of becoming infected, are the dangers to our communities. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

So my plane to Vancouver is boarding today and I have my usual choice of aisle seat - a fellow comes along and excuses himself to move into the window seat. A few minutes later a young woman moves into the row ahead of us and I can see her staring daggers at the guy in the window seat, then she shakes her head and clicks her tongue petulantly - I look over at buddy and here he is slouched back in the seat with his mask covering his eyes, lol....as soon as the girl settles herself and turns her back the mask goes up again - a few minutes later the flight attendant comes by and says "Sir, the mask is supposed to cover your mouth and nose, not your eyes"....takes all types to make the world go around...

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Nightcrawler said:

I don't think that you quite understand  what the Covid  vaccines do. They work to boost the immune system to recognise and attack the virus  to lessen more serious symptoms which can lead to hospitalisation and or death.  Being vaccinated does not mean that you cannot catch the virus and then spread it. 

Masks can reduce the risk of being infected by  up to 50%

Since we don't know when if or how Covid will  remain, then we do not know what forever means. Maybe mask wearing in certain places will remain commonplace for a while in shops and transport networks in combination with vaccination. 

Neither are totally reliable, we know that but a damn sight  safer than not being vaccinated and, or not wearing masks in congested areas. 

The spread of Covid largely relies on people and their behaviour. To act responsibly and play their part in fighting this Virus. It is those who show NO Social Responsibility and do nothing but complain are merely slowing down our efforts to deal with Virus and bring it under control. Those who choose to ignore Covid and ignore ignore the measures that can reduce the spread and the effect of becoming infected, are the dangers to our communities. 

Now where do you get this information from? I think this masking up is a crock. You think none of the millions who have died from Covid didn't wear masks? Of course they were wearing them, as they were told to to stop the spread or in order to enter a public place.

But the masks we are all wearing, in overwhelming numbers, really don't do anything. I had to wear a mask at my job for the last 6 months before retiring. That same mask is being worn by millions of people all over the world, and they are all made in China. And when I opened the box these masks were packed in while still an employee, and read the message included not just on the outside of the box from where they came, but inside as well under the plastic wrap the masks were all stacked inside! What I wonder is why no media outlet has ever brought this to light before?

You claim wearing these masks can stop the spread of being infected with Covid by up to 50%, but the very notification that came attached to the packaging of the masks themselves, tell a much different story.

20211202_170934.jpg

20200728_000641.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Mr. Smooth said:

Now where do you get this information from? I think this masking up is a crock. You think none of the millions who have died from Covid didn't wear masks? Of course they were wearing them, as they were told to to stop the spread or in order to enter a public place.

But the masks we are all wearing, in overwhelming numbers, really don't do anything. I had to wear a mask at my job for the last 6 months before retiring. That same mask is being worn by millions of people all over the world, and they are all made in China. And when I opened the box these masks were packed in while still an employee, and read the message included not just on the outside of the box from where they came, but inside as well under the plastic wrap the masks were all stacked inside! What I wonder is why no media outlet has ever brought this to light before?

You claim wearing these masks can stop the spread of being infected with Covid by up to 50%, but the very notification that came attached to the packaging of the masks themselves, tell a much different story.

20211202_170934.jpg

20200728_000641.jpg

You have obviously been wearing the wrong  masks😅

But I am sure you know better than the experts

Ever wondered why Surgeons scrub up and wear a, surgical mask in an Operating Theatre before carrying out surgical procedures. 

You asked where I get my information from? 

3 Main sources

World Health Organisation

NHS England

British Government

12 hours ago, Krapow said:

Purely a political decision to send Merkel on her way looking cute for her followers and the rabid vaccinators. 

This shows all perfectly that the virus is a political pandemic...not a medical one and all decisions that are being made are based on political agendas and nothing more.

cheers

Edited by roobob
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Nightcrawler said:

But I am sure you know better than the experts

Ever wondered why Surgeons scrub up and wear a, surgical mask in an Operating Theatre before carrying out surgical procedures. 

Why??

cheers

3 minutes ago, roobob said:

Purely a political decision to send Merkel on her way looking cute for her followers and the rabid vaccinators. 

This shows all perfectly that the virus is a political pandemic...not a medical one and all decisions that are being made are based on political agendas and nothing more.

cheers

This is what

So what's the reason for other countries that have applied similar restrictions? What do you think they can get out of it Politically? 

1 minute ago, Nightcrawler said:

Hahaha.....you try and laugh it off. So WHERE did you get the statistic that mask wearing reduces the risk of being infected up to 50% of the time? Or is that just some random number you tossed out there to make yourself seem smart?

That mask pictured is the very same mask that 10's of millions are wearing right now. You are so quick to jump on others who have a different point of view than you do, accompanied with the typical ridicule. But when confronted with evidence that calls into question what you believe to be true, you suddenly go for laughs to deflect.

But I'm curious as to where you got your information on masking. I suppose, if as you claim that wearing a mask reduces the chances of being infected by 50%, then wearing two masks would give you 100% protection on being infected?

I mean, I'm just following the science, right?

• Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, Nightcrawler said:

So what's the reason for other countries that have applied similar restrictions? What do you think they can get out of it Politically? 

It is quite easy to see what Politicians and Bureaucrats and Governments are getting out of it. They have given themselves more power over the people than they have ever had before and clearly do not want to give such powers up.

cheers 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1