Anti farang feeling

Smiler

7 hours ago, Horizondave said:

I would think it depends on the behaviour of the foreigner, if you act like an arse in a broke society you may be noticed more than if you kept yourself to yourself.

Thais can get upset with those Thais coming in from another village if they misbehave, especially when drunk. A foreigner misbehaving or standing out a bit possibly showing a lack of respect could be in for a bad time.

Always respect those around you, be known for no trouble and I doubt a problem would occur especially when those around you are a little pissed off with life.

I am sure if you are respected by the headsman of the village or important families you will always have a comfortable day.

Very true 

Pre the virus I would walk through the village and people would see me and call out with a beer and offer me one ,none have ever accepted my offer to buy them some more beer

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

2 hours ago, Yessongs said:

Feel the same way a lot of you do, the people in wifeys neighborhood pretty much know, I am THE ONLY white guy in the hood there and are always respectful of them. Teach a lot of the kids English for free when they are not in school. I have not been there for 16 months now,  not sure with the current circumstances, if any attitudes towards us have changed, hope not. The Thais at times kind of go out of their way to help me if I am by myself...few examples, at Fashion Island Mall, a few times the security guy has seen that I have done a couple of laps trying to find a parking spot, they move one of the cones out of the way and "make" a spot for me....100 baht tip for them for being cool. Same thing at Impact Arena for Car shows and other events...they wave me over to park in "reserved" spots for others. 

Wifey has been telling me that on the social media sites she likes to look at, the Thais are not happy with the Chinese at all. 

IMG_8445.JPG

IMG_8447.JPG

IMG_8458.JPG

IMG_8471.JPG

Love the 'Thai' pointing, thankfully they're not the usual Thai Police pointing at you caught with 1000 yaa baa tablets 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

9 hours ago, Yessongs said:

Feel the same way a lot of you do, the people in wifeys neighborhood pretty much know, I am THE ONLY white guy in the hood there and are always respectful of them. Teach a lot of the kids English for free when they are not in school. I have not been there for 16 months now,  not sure with the current circumstances, if any attitudes towards us have changed, hope not. The Thais at times kind of go out of their way to help me if I am by myself...few examples, at Fashion Island Mall, a few times the security guy has seen that I have done a couple of laps trying to find a parking spot, they move one of the cones out of the way and "make" a spot for me....100 baht tip for them for being cool. Same thing at Impact Arena for Car shows and other events...they wave me over to park in "reserved" spots for others. 

Wifey has been telling me that on the social media sites she likes to look at, the Thais are not happy with the Chinese at all. 

IMG_8445.JPG

IMG_8447.JPG

IMG_8458.JPG

IMG_8471.JPG

It was 'im wot did it guv !

( Sorry - British humor )

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

None of that going on here.

Victoria police search for women caught on camera attacking Chinese students

Shocking video posted on social media shows a gang allegedly attacking a pair of Chinese students in the centre of one of Australia’s most multicultural cities.

https://www.news.com.au/national/crime/victoria-police-search-for-women-caught-on-camera-attacking-chinese-students/news-story/cecaf1bcc0c403724afc72aee2779caa

ok, but Victorians are known hooligans!

9 minutes ago, fygjam said:

None of that going on here.

Victoria police search for women caught on camera attacking Chinese students

Shocking video posted on social media shows a gang allegedly attacking a pair of Chinese students in the centre of one of Australia’s most multicultural cities.

https://www.news.com.au/national/crime/victoria-police-search-for-women-caught-on-camera-attacking-chinese-students/news-story/cecaf1bcc0c403724afc72aee2779caa

ok, but Victorians are known hooligans!

She should be locked up for being stupid in a public place.

22 hours ago, Horizondave said:

I would think it depends on the behaviour of the foreigner, if you act like an arse in a broke society you may be noticed more than if you kept yourself to yourself.

I agree .. it goes without saying ( at least the way I think and live  ) don't draw any attention to yourself over here ... be humble and quiet when out in public .... no one likes shit being thrown in their face ...  or flaunting arrogance

No one cares about the house you live in .. or the car you drive ... they care about the way you treat others ...

• Like 1
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

19 minutes ago, misteregg said:

I think I may have been one of the first to report this on here a few weeks ago.
I think many Thai’s (in Pattaya) still think that “all farang have big money” and if we don’t help them out we are cheap Charlie.

From what I see, the majority of businesses giving out free food are farang owned.

Edited by dcfc2007
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, misteregg said:

I think I may have been one of the first to report this on here a few weeks ago.
I think many Thai’s (in Pattaya) still think that “all farang have big money” and if we don’t help them out we are cheap Charlie.

I think the opinion of the Thais in Patts reflect the Thais opinion in Issan as well .....

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

I think the opinion of the Thais in Patts reflect the Thais opinion in Issan as well .....

Comparatively they would be right. Look past the glitzy skyscrapers and you see hundreds - possibly thousands - of Thais sat in the scorching heat waiting for a handout of 200b.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dcfc2007 said:

Comparatively they would be right. Look past the glitzy skyscrapers and you see hundreds - possibly thousands - of Thais sat in the scorching heat waiting for a handout of 200b.

This is the sad reality.

Some of the videos (posted by Thais in the main) on my Facebook feed over the last 3 or 4 days are frightening in terms of the growing numbers who need help.

1 hour ago, Smiler said:

This is the sad reality.

Some of the videos (posted by Thais in the main) on my Facebook feed over the last 3 or 4 days are frightening in terms of the growing numbers who need help.

I am not trying to " bust you balls" or be rude to you ...

But, I never believe shit posted on FB ... never ...

When I see this with my own eyes ... I will believe ... and I have seen nothing like this anywhere in the South where I live ... life is going on pretty normal here .. except going into a restaurant to sit down and eat .... the 10PM curfew .... and the random thermometer check 

I am not saying some people don't need any help ... and if Beach gal asks me to help someone I certainly will ... then I know it is desperate .. but, until she asks I don't worry 

• Thumbs Up 2

39 minutes ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

I am not trying to " bust you balls" or be rude to you ...

But, I never believe shit posted on FB ... never ...

When I see this with my own eyes ... I will believe ... and I have seen nothing like this anywhere in the South where I live ... life is going on pretty normal here .. except going into a restaurant to sit down and eat .... the 10PM curfew .... and the random thermometer check 

I am not saying some people don't need any help ... and if Beach gal asks me to help someone I certainly will ... then I know it is desperate .. but, until she asks I don't worry 

You've not seen it in the south, but it's reality here in Pattaya. There are many news reports on the food distribution sites, and long lines of people waiting to get food. I've also seen it with my own eyes on my daily bike rides around Pattaya. There's probably a few in the lines that are not in need, but there are far more here that do need the handout.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, dcfc2007 said:

I think you will find that was a Thai private businessman who was giving the handout of 200baht...I believe he owns all the Rhompo Complex at Jomtien??

As he did not have the bank details of them all... and some probably do not have a bank account...I would say he went the best way about it of what he could do.

cheers

7 minutes ago, roobob said:

I think you will find that was a Thai private businessman who was giving the handout of 200baht...I believe he owns all the Rhompo Complex at Jomtien??

As he did not have the bank details of them all... and some probably do not have a bank account...I would say he went the best way about it of what he could do.

cheers

I'm not knocking him.