You Tube (Threads Merged)

Anwar Sadat

Binge watched the 9 episodes of 'Last of Us' a recent HBO hit series. Two of the gay characters had an epic scene at a piano based on Ronstadt's old classic song 'Long Long Time.' Got nominated for an Emmy,

1 hour ago, Trip said:

Binge watched the 9 episodes of 'Last of Us' a recent HBO hit series. Two of the gay characters had an epic scene at a piano based on Ronstadt's old classic song 'Long Long Time.' Got nominated for an Emmy,

Music is incredibly powerful.

I remember once following a movie that my mom and I saw togehter. There was a movie scene (can't remember what it was, or even about) we were disecting. We were both trying to make sense of the feeling we felt relating to the particular scene. At first we couldn't put our finger on it, then we realized it was the music that made the scene so impactful.

Often we are not even conscious of it, and take for granted. 

But, without music life would be pretty damn intolerable. 

5 hours ago, Glasseye said:

Music is incredibly powerful.

I remember once following a movie that my mom and I saw togehter. There was a movie scene (can't remember what it was, or even about) we were disecting. We were both trying to make sense of the feeling we felt relating to the particular scene. At first we couldn't put our finger on it, then we realized it was the music that made the scene so impactful.

Often we are not even conscious of it, and take for granted. 

But, without music life would be pretty damn intolerable. 

Bill, (Nick Offerman) the singer in the clip is straight and has been in a few hit comedy shows such as Parks and Recreation. The other guy is gay and at first the director took some criticism from the LBQTMNOP+ crowd over casting a straight guy in that role. But he responded that there's something about comedians such as they have a soul to them and as they shot that scene most of those that helped film it were so emotional they were sobbing.

That episode sparked a run on Ronstadt's music and Long Long Time blipped back into the charts. Alas, Ronstadt sold the rights to her music back in 2021.

5 hours ago, Trip said:

Bill, (Nick Offerman) the singer in the clip is straight and has been in a few hit comedy shows such as Parks and Recreation. The other guy is gay and at first the director took some criticism from the LBQTMNOP+ crowd over casting a straight guy in that role. But he responded that there's something about comedians such as they have a soul to them and as they shot that scene most of those that helped film it were so emotional they were sobbing.

That episode sparked a run on Ronstadt's music and Long Long Time blipped back into the charts. Alas, Ronstadt sold the rights to her music back in 2021.

Great comment.... "comedians have a soul to them...."

As with music, comedy often is incredibly powerful. Many examples.... Jon Steward, George Carlin, Grocho Marx, Lenny Bruce - They have three primary characteristics - great wit (intelligence), willing to sacrifice (speak out when others won't, work very hard at what you do (disciplined)), and they care about the World.

Music and comedy are both based on deep inner emotion formulated through observation and life experience. Many times you can feel the emotion when a genuine presentation is given, it's something you feel in your gut.

I really enjoy many of the quality YT live music vids. One of the things I appreciate the most (besides the overall quality of some of them) is watching the smiles that are usually present (or flashed to others in the band). The smiles are because the music and the quality of the delivery is so dman good (even after playing the same song numerous times). All of the good stuff is built through emotions and personal observations/interactions throughout their lives.

I wouldn't trade the joy of listening to good music or comedy for anything in the world.

54 minutes ago, Glasseye said:

The video clip in the article is very disturbing. The patient is receiving CPR in the ambulance while the supervising nurse is turning them away asking "why would you bring him here". I hope she loses her job and is never let near a patient again for the rest of her miserable life.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, forcebwithu said:

The video clip in the article is very disturbing. The patient is receiving CPR in the ambulance while the supervising nurse is turning them away asking "why would you bring him here". I hope she loses her job and is never let near a patient again for the rest of her miserable life.

I spoke with a good Thai friend about this. He is a professor at CM University, and involved in the health care business as well. A wonderful guy, and very wise.

He said this hospital is very bad. 

Tim stated in his report that the mentioned hospital has a history of this type of thing. So, it goes way beyond the nurse turning them away.

I would reckon with the huge amount of negative publicity this story is getting (both within Thailand and Internationally) that there will be a lot of heads rolling at that place. In fact, I would not be surprised if they don't completely shut it down.

• Thumbs Up 2

I just discovered this guy (channel). The dude is very smart, and very interesting to listen to. He articulated some interesting points that I had not previously given much thought. But, after listening to what he has to say it makes a lot of sense regarding the differences and the history of the two cultures. Connecting what he is talking about (for the few here who acutally may be interested) with what I experienced through my travels within both Virginia and South Carolina makes a lot of sense.

I lived in Raleigh NC for ten years before the move over here. Smack dab in the middle between Virginia and South Carolina.

Parts in S.C. is like being on another planet, outside of Charleston. If you like snakes, swamps, red necks and inbreds a good place to visit.