The Health, Diet and Exercise Thread

galenkia

38 minutes ago, fygjam said:

That don't look like a cure for a headache.

Multiple cannulas so Dracula and his mates can come around to party.

One is a standard drip, the other for potassium once a day.

13 minutes ago, galenkia said:

One is a standard drip, the other for potassium once a day.

Well don't piss the staff off. The old potassium hot shot. Stops the heart in an instant, looks like a heart attack.

1 hour ago, fygjam said:

Well don't piss the staff off. The old potassium hot shot. Stops the heart in an instant, looks like a heart attack.

Actually I woke up in hospital covered in unexplained cuts and bruises.

Consultant thinks I’m suffering from schizophrenia and paranoid delusions. Told him some things and he googled them and they didn’t exist.

My dad suffered from the same thing.

• Sad 6

1 hour ago, boydeste said:

In a strange way I am happy that you have made it into hospital. 

Agreed!

It had been getting to the stage a good fish supper would've killed him ffs, never mind anything else.

Vegan fish of course :default_crazy:

• Thumbs Up 2

t least you're in the right place @galenkia. It may not be much fun now, but they'll get to the bottom of it and hopefully you'll be back to normality sooner rather than later.

Hopefully they'll rule out Hyponatremia and it's just down to a lack of food and drink mate.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 6

I fuckin hate those cannula’s, especially if they can’t find a decent vein and poke around for ages getting one in. I’ve had 2 in both hands and 2 in my neck for drugs and food and moving around in bed with them in ain’t pain free. 😟
Hope they sort out your problems.

Good luck mate. 🤗

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, galenkia said:

Just been given another drip, tho only because my electrolytes are all over the place. On three different bags now.

All the best Gal.

Get well soon, you have a whole lot of adventures ahead of you mate.

While laid up, plan your future.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

22 hours ago, KhunDon said:

I fuckin hate those cannula’s, especially if they can’t find a decent vein and poke around for ages getting one in. I’ve had 2 in both hands and 2 in my neck for drugs and food and moving around in bed with them in ain’t pain free. 😟
Hope they sort out your problems.

Good luck mate. 🤗

My Mrs used to practice canula insertion on me when she was training. After a week I looked like a bloody junkie. I also probably lost 3 pints of blood during the process.

She started with the regular ones they use in hospitals, then moved onto the big needles they use in the event of a trauma when they need to find a vein. That hurt.

Now, call me an idiot (Butch, you're an idiot) but I even agreed for her to insert a catheter into me once. Only once.

I was pissing what felt like glass for days afterwards. Turns out the cow didn't use the smallest size one, oh no, she went right in there with one of the larger ones.

• Haha 6
  • Sad 1

Guys, open question.

Is getting a "proper legitimate" massage after a heavy gym workout a good idea?.

Is there any danger of it doing any harm, or more harm than good?.

I've got the contact number of a lady who does deep tissue massages and physio aimed specifically at post workout / sports injuries / and to aid recovery. Shes fully qualified as a masseuse and training to be a physio, has public liability insurance etc,(but any physio is undergone at your own risk due to her not being fully qualified yet).

I've been hitting the gym pretty hard lately, and am doing pad work, bag work and weights etc. Its not without its issues though.

£35 per hour for deep tissue / sports.

Would I see any benefit?.

• Thumbs Up 2

3 hours ago, Butch said:

My Mrs used to practice canula insertion on me when she was training. After a week I looked like a bloody junkie. I also probably lost 3 pints of blood during the process.

She started with the regular ones they use in hospitals, then moved onto the big needles they use in the event of a trauma when they need to find a vein. That hurt.

Now, call me an idiot (Butch, you're an idiot) but I even agreed for her to insert a catheter into me once. Only once.

I was pissing what felt like glass for days afterwards. Turns out the cow didn't use the smallest size one, oh no, she went right in there with one of the larger ones.

So you’ve given up just letting her tie you up and spanking you then and moved onto the next level of torture. 
You do know the next level is fisting don’t you, of course you do. 🤣

Edited by KhunDon
  • Haha 6

5 hours ago, Butch said:

Butch, you're an idiot. Well, you did ask.

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, Butch said:

Guys, open question.

Is getting a "proper legitimate" massage after a heavy gym workout a good idea?.

Is there any danger of it doing any harm, or more harm than good?.

I've got the contact number of a lady who does deep tissue massages and physio aimed specifically at post workout / sports injuries / and to aid recovery. Shes fully qualified as a masseuse and training to be a physio, has public liability insurance etc,(but any physio is undergone at your own risk due to her not being fully qualified yet).

I've been hitting the gym pretty hard lately, and am doing pad work, bag work and weights etc. Its not without its issues though.

£35 per hour for deep tissue / sports.

Would I see any benefit?.

Good question. My first thought was for deep tissue massage probably not as your body needs to recover. Then I asked Mr. Google and this article popped up first in the results list. Quoting the part that is specific to deep tissue massage, but the article does talk about other massage types that are beneficial after a workout.

Benefits Of Massage After Workout: How Massage Can Help You Recover Faster

Deep tissue massage

Deep tissue massage is a more intense form of massage that can help to relieve chronic pain and tension. However, deep tissue massage is not recommended for immediately after a workout, but can be beneficial later in the recovery process. This is because deep tissue massage can be too intense when the muscle tissue is already tender from a workout.

• Great Info 2

3 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

Good question. My first thought was for deep tissue massage probably not as your body needs to recover. Then I asked Mr. Google and this article popped up first in the results list. Quoting the part that is specific to deep tissue massage, but the article does talk about other massage types that are beneficial after a workout.

Benefits Of Massage After Workout: How Massage Can Help You Recover Faster

Deep tissue massage

Deep tissue massage is a more intense form of massage that can help to relieve chronic pain and tension. However, deep tissue massage is not recommended for immediately after a workout, but can be beneficial later in the recovery process. This is because deep tissue massage can be too intense when the muscle tissue is already tender from a workout.

Good reponse Force. What is posted above mirrors my thoughts regarding this type of massage.

Following a workout (lifting) you are actually damaging your muscles, then allowing proper rest for them to recover. Nutrition aids in that recovery and strengthening of the muscles. I think deep tissue massage following a hearty lift would be overworking the muscle rather than allowing it time to heal. 

I think during more longer break periods (of a few days to a week) should also be programed into your routine. During that period a massage could be enjoyable I reckon, may provide some relief, but not necessarily beneficial. 

I have never done it. And I am sure there are some folks out there who may disagree with what I am saying. That's fine with me.

• Like 1

On 1/14/2024 at 10:03 AM, galenkia said:

Currently been in hospital last four days ,not sure when I’ll get out.

IMG_0001.jpeg

I don't mind having an operation, it' just having the cannula in that I hate with a vengeance 

• Sad 1

On 1/14/2024 at 9:55 PM, Krapow said:

Agreed!

It had been getting to the stage a good fish supper would've killed him ffs, never mind anything else.

Vegan fish of course :default_crazy:

It would have killed Gal or Boydeste....     5555 !

Hang tough Gal. You will sort through it.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, galenkia said:

I have them in each arm so can take four bags. The one in my right hand is fine, but the one in inner left arm is really irritating.

At least they are hoping I’ll be fit for release tomorrow.

I'll be very blunt, it sounds as if as well as your electrolyte levels being shot to shit, that you may have also been quite malnourished.

Not in the sense that Bob Geldof will do a concert for you, but in the sense your salt and mineral levels went down to dangerously low numbers, as to be honest, 4 - 5 days in hospital is not something that is considered to be minor. As an example, that's the timeframe for a person of normal constitution (regular BMI etc) to recover enough from a major operation and be up on their feet at least.

Be prepared for an interview with a psychiatrist so they can rule out self harm / eating disorders etc, because I think they can section you for your own good, even if it is against your will. It sounds extreme, but it does happen.

They have probably run tests for your kidneys getting damaged etc as well.

Now you know the danger signs, please don't ignore them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Great Info 2
  • Thumbs Up 3