What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

Last night I went to McDonalds to buy a meal for my daughter. I would never ever go in there myself and I was wondering why my daughter wanted to go there as she wanted chicken nuggets, not exactly what the place is known for.

Anyhow get in there, my daughter (7 years old) starts ordering via the digital board machine, she orders 20 McNuggets, medium fries, an Oreo ice-cream and a caramel frappe (or something like that). The order was all for her and my wife, I was almost going to have a strawberry milk shake as it's the only thing I have ever eaten in McDonalds that is worth buying but their milkshake machine was not working.

It came to about £10 and once home the girls started eating their share. I tried one McNugget and then realised why I never go into McDonalds, it was disgusting, the crumbed outside was like plastic, the nugget most probably injected with a gallon of water, terrible.

I am shocked that the drive-in was full and the the place was packed, I really don't get this need to eat this inferior quality food, no wonder the UK will soon be the obesity capital of Europe. OK, I didn't eat a burger but surely the food quality should be better. 

The only positive (for my daughter and wife) was that they accidentally added in another box of 20 McNuggets which I didn't pay for, result for them, a little satisfaction for me.

If in Thailand it is Oreo biscuits with a cup of tea before bed, in the Philippines it is a spit roast chicken when heading home.

I know I am not probably a normal customer.

• Thumbs Up 3

20 minutes ago, boydeste said:

IMG_20220505_1552.jpgHaving a fry up before a long journey. 

70p for an egg, the same price as a sausage or even pancakes which most likely contain an egg or two   ???

By Buddha i'm so out of touch with UK prices now !!

33 minutes ago, SteveBC said:

70p for an egg, the same price as a sausage or even pancakes which most likely contain an egg or two   ???

By Buddha i'm so out of touch with UK prices now !!

He cooks it bespoke to what you want, every item being 70p works out well. I had 10 pieces, so a decent plate of food for 7 quid. Nearest equivalent locally in a pub is 9.99 and you get what you get. 

20220505_103916.jpg

20220505_103930.jpg

Edited by boydeste
  • Thumbs Up 6

12 hours ago, Yesitisdakid said:

Watching second game of the Detroit Pittsburgh doubleheader and finishing packing for Koh Samui trip

Let me know when you arrive... weather is shite, though...

Edited by Pingrones

2 hours ago, Horizondave said:

Last night I went to McDonalds to buy a meal for my daughter. I would never ever go in there myself and I was wondering why my daughter wanted to go there as she wanted chicken nuggets, not exactly what the place is known for.

Anyhow get in there, my daughter (7 years old) starts ordering via the digital board machine, she orders 20 McNuggets, medium fries, an Oreo ice-cream and a caramel frappe (or something like that). The order was all for her and my wife, I was almost going to have a strawberry milk shake as it's the only thing I have ever eaten in McDonalds that is worth buying but their milkshake machine was not working.

It came to about £10 and once home the girls started eating their share. I tried one McNugget and then realised why I never go into McDonalds, it was disgusting, the crumbed outside was like plastic, the nugget most probably injected with a gallon of water, terrible.

I am shocked that the drive-in was full and the the place was packed, I really don't get this need to eat this inferior quality food, no wonder the UK will soon be the obesity capital of Europe. OK, I didn't eat a burger but surely the food quality should be better. 

The only positive (for my daughter and wife) was that they accidentally added in another box of 20 McNuggets which I didn't pay for, result for them, a little satisfaction for me.

If in Thailand it is Oreo biscuits with a cup of tea before bed, in the Philippines it is a spit roast chicken when heading home.

You can see why it's 99p for a burger 🍔

Get what you pay for, and people want cheap food. Never liked their crap, always went to Burger king 👑

• Thumbs Up 3

Just had a day out in two of the more expensive parts of Londonistan....Hatton Garden to get an estimate to repair my old Tudor watch then Harley street to get some thread veins in my hooter seen to.

Going from Farringdon tube to Hatton Garden using Google Maps it was a while before I realised I was 180deg off track.

Now I'm knackered after walking 7.4km and have a red(der) & sore conk.

• Like 1
  • Surprised 1

16 hours ago, Horizondave said:

Mcnuggets suck, always have. Kids like them because they are small, easy to eat and they can play with them (dip them in sauce, etc.). 

But.... a Sausage Egg Mcmuffin.....   heck.... I could eat one (or two) of those every friggen day and never get tired of them.

A fresh out of the fryer Mac french fry is still hard to beat. Billions and billions of order$ suggest they are doing something right. 

For me a BK Whopper will always beats a Macs burger (Quarter Pounder or Big Mac). But nobody tops the Egg Mcmuffin.

7 hours ago, Glasseye said:

Mcnuggets suck, always have. Kids like them because they are small, easy to eat and they can play with them (dip them in sauce, etc.). 

But.... a Sausage Egg Mcmuffin.....   heck.... I could eat one (or two) of those every friggen day and never get tired of them.

A fresh out of the fryer Mac french fry is still hard to beat. Billions and billions of order$ suggest they are doing something right. 

For me a BK Whopper will always beats a Macs burger (Quarter Pounder or Big Mac). But nobody tops the Egg Mcmuffin.

None of the fast foods appeal to me, think I did a Jollibee in the Philippines once but I had company that needed fuel.

The only thing I ever liked was a McD's milkshake which I purchased at Terminal 4 when BA were flying out of there years ago. 

Burger King etc., have no idea what their food is like and probably never will.

I have done takeaway pizza at Mr. Bean in Hua Hin but I knew what it was like as I had eaten there many times, just needed a pizza and with a baby at the time it was preferable to eat at home rather than out.

Think I also did some nuggets once at a kebab place in Reading a couple of years ago when out with some mates.

Nothing eaten has ever made me a fan of fast food or takeaways.

Just as an aside I know guys like easy eating but I like cooking and it is probably a better quality than what you get in a fast food outlet.

25 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

The word is drawer!

Sorry to be picky but I'm watching some footie at the moment and am getting pissed off with some bird saying "Top draw goal" ....It is a top drawer goal! 

Bitch!

Well somebody has their drawers in a twist.

• Haha 5

Thinking is it because i worked 17 hours straight yesterday at the election i'm in some kinda parallel universe where Rangers have made the final of the Europa League, despite immense financial disparity with the other clubs who were in it!

Nope, seems it is true :Banane21:

doublicat-2020-08-19-11-32-06.thumb.gif.fcf6823045603352c36a6ad63425c5e3.gif

8 hours ago, Horizondave said:

None of the fast foods appeal to me, think I did a Jollibee in the Philippines once but I had company that needed fuel.

The only thing I ever liked was a McD's milkshake which I purchased at Terminal 4 when BA were flying out of there years ago. 

Burger King etc., have no idea what their food is like and probably never will.

I have done takeaway pizza at Mr. Bean in Hua Hin but I knew what it was like as I had eaten there many times, just needed a pizza and with a baby at the time it was preferable to eat at home rather than out.

Think I also did some nuggets once at a kebab place in Reading a couple of years ago when out with some mates.

Nothing eaten has ever made me a fan of fast food or takeaways.

Just as an aside I know guys like easy eating but I like cooking and it is probably a better quality than what you get in a fast food outlet.

I prefer cooking at home myself. But, sometimes a BK Whopper or a sausage egg mcmuffin is in order when "on the fly".

Also, a TacoBell taco is a rare but delightful treat now and then.

• Thumbs Up 1