What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

19 minutes ago, galenkia said:

Just back from the first session at the gym. Blimey, didn't realise how unfit I've become. Thought I'd warm up with the stairclimber,ten minutes and I thought I was gonna have a heart attack lol.

So moved on to the running machine and did 45 minutes brisk walking on a slope.

Don't take long to get your fitness back, and I'm gonna do an hour a day, every day. Good thing about my shift pattern is I can avoid the peak times when it's busy 🙂

Don't be in a hurry to do too much too soon mate.

Your knees will thank you for it.

Edited by boydeste
  • Thumbs Up 4

1 minute ago, boydeste said:

Don't be in a hurry to do too much too soon mate.

Your knees will thank you for it.

Since I lost weight I really notice the difference in my joints. Before I was constantly aching and my joints were cracking, now their so much better.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, fygjam said:

As a matter of interest, how big is a carp's brain.

And no, I'm not a crusader for carp lives matter. I think they're disgusting creatures along with the disgusting creatures that let them loose in Australian waterways.

I have no idea of their brain size, but like most wild creatures they are very aware of their environment, especially in pressured venues, which makes them difficult to catch.

Those carp in your rivers, assuming you live in Australia are mere tiny babies compared to the ones I terrorise. 

I have no idea why they were introduced because in small rivers they just become mud pigs! 

23 minutes ago, galenkia said:

Just back from the first session at the gym. Blimey, didn't realise how unfit I've become. Thought I'd warm up with the stairclimber,ten minutes and I thought I was gonna have a heart attack lol.

So moved on to the running machine and did 45 minutes brisk walking on a slope.

Don't take long to get your fitness back, and I'm gonna do an hour a day, every day. Good thing about my shift pattern is I can avoid the peak times when it's busy 🙂

Try and do some weights a couple of times a week , good to try and rebuild some muscle at our age - bench press , biceps curls and some squats  

• Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

Try and do some weights a couple of times a week , good to try and rebuild some muscle at our age - bench press , biceps curls and some squats  

Have to be careful with my shoulder as it's pretty f***d. It's why I didn't want to get a job that involves heavy lifting.

Mainly want to keep my weight down and get fitter.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, boydeste said:

I have no idea of their brain size, but like most wild creatures they are very aware of their environment, especially in pressured venues, which makes them difficult to catch.

Those carp in your rivers, assuming you live in Australia are mere tiny babies compared to the ones I terrorise. 

I have no idea why they were introduced because in small rivers they just become mud pigs! 

Carp were introduced more than 150 years ago so the gentry could go fishing, along with foxes so the gentry could go hunting.

If Aussie carp are too small

image.png

you could always try Murray Cod.

fullsizeoutput_3078.jpeg?resize=696%2C44

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

About 12 years ago I was having real issues with both shoulders. Lifting over time clear that right up. The side shoulder lifts were very good and I think very helpful.

Be very careful with lifts over the head. Can cause neck injuries, not worth the risk. Squats are ok but go easy on the heavier weight... not worth the risk.

Also.... avoid dead lifts at all cost. Can cause serious back issues.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, fygjam said:

Carp were introduced more than 150 years ago so the gentry could go fishing, along with foxes so the gentry could go hunting.

If Aussie carp are too small

image.png

you could always try Murray Cod.

fullsizeoutput_3078.jpeg?resize=696%2C44

That carp is a baby  the cod is more a kin to the size of fish I chase, but if you want really big fish, Australia has all you need in the sea methinks. 

Edited by boydeste

23 hours ago, galenkia said:

Have a great time mate 😊

Look forward to another of your excellent threads about it.👍

The guy is a legend to say the least......phenemonal show. 

Hope we both look that good at 80 huh?  Keep up the workouts....

DSC01748.JPG

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

Just heard an RAF Typhoon T3 Eurofighter go over the house even though it was above 20000', over Brecon right now heading for Shropshire.

Just seen it go from 30000' to 10000' and back up to 25000' in a matter of 2 minutes. Either Flight Radar can't keep up or the Tornado is practicing some maneuvers.

Noticed another take off from RAF Waddington near Lincoln so assume this is where my Eurofighter is going.

Blimey 4 in the air now, would love to be watching from that area.

Edited by Horizondave
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, Horizondave said:

Just heard an RAF Typhoon T3 Eurofighter go over the house even though it was above 20000', over Brecon right now heading for Shropshire.

Just seen it go from 30000' to 10000' and back up to 25000' in a matter of 2 minutes. Either Flight Radar can't keep up or the Tornado is practicing some maneuvers.

Noticed another take off from RAF Waddington near Lincoln so assume this is where my Eurofighter is going.

Blimey 4 in the air now, would love to be watching from that area.

We got buzzed by several Tornado's today, not sure if Germany has different laws but they were very low over the lake. 

Bloody noisy too!

Edited by boydeste
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, boydeste said:

All the baited areas have been primed, traps set for the night. Much warmer tonight as the sun goes down. The beer is cold and going down well.

Ever do any of this ? -----

• Like 1

On 5/9/2022 at 11:20 AM, galenkia said:

Since I lost weight I really notice the difference in my joints. Before I was constantly aching and my joints were cracking, now their so much better.

I found after losing weight, suddenly life got easier. Problem clothes become redundant.🙁

Pilates for first time in four weeks ( bad back , holiday , Covid ) was great to start again , then mowed my Dads lawns and dropped the grass off at the green waste .. popped into the local wine warehouse to stock up , my favourite was sold out but will be replenished tomorrow... so have ordered a couple of cases just to make sure ... 🙂 

AFD8FA35-14E7-491F-B942-BCA11FD89F34.jpeg

• Like 2

Been for an eye test today, hadn't been for 4 years due Covid etc,.

Anyhow pleased that I have 20/20 vision for distance and only needed new glasses for reading.

Cost £10 for special OCT test (Optical coherence tomography) which is a new test I hadn't had before. Supposedly can detect issues up to 4 years before they would normally be detected.

Happy with £29.50 for 2 pairs of reading glasses, didn't need anything fancy.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Horizondave said:

Been for an eye test today, hadn't been for 4 years due Covid etc,.

Anyhow pleased that I have 20/20 vision for distance and only needed new glasses for reading.

Cost £10 for special OCT test (Optical coherence tomography) which is a new test I hadn't had before. Supposedly can detect issues up to 4 years before they would normally be detected.

Happy with £29.50 for 2 pairs of reading glasses, didn't need anything fancy.

I get my reading glasses from Poundland🤣

• Thumbs Up 2