What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

1 minute ago, galenkia said:

At Royal Berkshire hospital.

Have a interview with a bonded warehouse tomorrow for a forklift driver at Heathrow.

Proper money as well.

Then this shit happens.

Hopefully firstly you are okay  ..  

Once you are sorted , fingers crossed you can still make the interview 🤞

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, galenkia said:

At Royal Berkshire hospital.

Have a interview with a bonded warehouse tomorrow for a forklift driver at Heathrow.

Proper money as well.

Then this shit happens.

Hope you're fighting fit soon. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, galenkia said:

Still no feeling in my hand. Really fucking scared now. Doctor confirmed a partial stroke. How am I supposed to earn a living with one hand?. Only ever done manual work. 

Sorry to hear that.

Did the doctor say what the chances are of the feeling coming back? Is physiotherapy an option?

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, galenkia said:

Still no feeling in my hand. Really fucking scared now. Doctor confirmed a partial stroke. How am I supposed to earn a living with one hand?. Only ever done manual work. 

Understand completely how you must be feeling. 

Last year a friend of mine had a mini stroke resulting in the same symptoms as you are experiencing. He was immediately put on a course of medication and within a few weeks, the loss of feeling in his hand began to subside. 

He now has full use of both hands. 

I many cases the symptoms of mild strokes do subside. Some quicker than others. But it's still a real shock to the system. 

• Like 3
  • Great Info 4

4 minutes ago, Nightcrawler said:

Understand completely how you must be feeling. 

Last year a friend of mine had a mini stroke resulting in the same symptoms as you are experiencing. He was immediately put on a course of medication and within a few weeks, the loss of feeling in his hand began to subside. 

He now has full use of both hands. 

I many cases the symptoms of mild strokes do subside. Some quicker than others. But it's still a real shock to the system. 

Been prescribed medication and therapy so hopefully can get feeling back or I'm f***d big time working wise. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, galenkia said:

I am sure we all wish you a speedy and full recovery.

I was going to bitch about my fucking covid symptoms but I'll just carry on feeling sorry for myself.

Good luck mate!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Love it. Got this from the Labour Party. 🤣

Litter Pick
DIANE WILSON
<[email protected]>
May 24 (20 hours ago)

Remote images blocked to protect your privacy.

Load images

Dear Allan 

Join us for a litter pick this Saturday 28th in Priestwood - help us do our bit to clean up the community!   Before we work on clearing up Priestwood of Conservative councillors...

All equipment provided, no need to RSVP...just simply show up!  For those who fancy, a well-earned drink in the Admiral Cunningham after!

When? Saturday 28th, 10:30am-12:30pm

Where? Meet at the New Priestwood Community Centre, Priestwood Court Road, RG42 1TU

Contact Guy Gillbe on 07827 321403 if any problems

Thank you,

Guy Gillbe

Campaign Coordinator

The 100 Club – Bracknell Labour’s Monthly Lottery

A £100 main prize and a £25 bonus prize, both drawn monthly.

Take out a ‘share’ from £2 a month for a chance to win. 

All 100 Club profits finance local campaigns to elect Labour.

Call Dick Turpin on 01344 776 065 or [email protected]

If you'd rather not receive future emails from us, please click here to manage your communication preferences.

Sent by email from the Labour Party, promoted by David Evans on behalf of The Labour Party, both at Southside, 105 Victoria Street, London, SW1E 6QT Website: www.labour.org.uk to join or renew call 0345 092 2299.

The Labour Party, 105 Victoria St Westminster, London, SW1E 6QT, United Kingdom

UNSUBSCRIBE"
https://www.fastmail.com/mail/Inbox/Ta69ceb046cf2ab77.M376f32e5679ba0651e3e98c5?u=929c419c#:~:text=Inbox,UNSUBSCRIBE

Pricing up interlinked smoke and heat alarms as they're a legal requirement in Scotland now (not sure about the rest of the UK).

I fitted a system for my mum last night so thought I'd better get round to doing my own place.

I got a call from my GP just now to follow up recent blood tests. He told me that I have an underative Thyroid, which would account for the fatigue I have been experiencing for the last few months.  He has prescribed medication for me to pick up at the pharmacy tomorrow and hopeful I should start feeling the full effects between 4 and 6 weeks. 

Yet another medication on top of others for me not to forget to take. I have enough drugs already to open up a pharmacy. 

I have a low vitamin D level too, apparently, so that's another lot of pills to add to the list. 🙄As we get older, these things creep up on us I guess. The NHS must have spent a fortune on me over the last 10 years but that's the time when we most need it, and I have paid plenty in. 

• Like 5
  • Surprised 1

4 hours ago, galenkia said:

Been prescribed medication and therapy so hopefully can get feeling back or I'm f***d big time working wise. 

It'll come back mate, trust me.

Just go easy on the wanking for a while, eh :default_biggrin:

2 hours ago, Phantom51red said:

I hope you are joking bud,give the meds some time to work their wonders,life sucks,getting old sucks,specially over 50 think yer about ages with me,bloody hell its like living in a different body at times from 10 years ago,,friggin helll things just creep up on us from nowhere,i lost 3 of my best mates last year, all within 8 months of each other,still cant believe it known them 30-40 odd years miss them like f**k,2 of them were in band with me....id literally give anything to have them back ,,,,try talk to friends, family,ye maybe think folks dont give a f**k but they do,we only realise that when its to late.

Thanks mate, I know I sound like some fucking hypochondriac Dot Cotton, but I'm just scared for my future mate.

My family's all dead, don't have any relative's alive.

Don't realise how alone you are until shit goes down.